THE BROWNS BOARD

Real Fans

rich4eagle

I noticed the root for the Packers now has 14 links............

Personnally I think that is quite dumb

Root for the other conference to show YOUR conference inferiority

Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

All this says is how dumb fans can be

Root hard to beat your rivals and if you indeed come up short................

well then root for your rivals to win all the way

Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

comments intelligent only

to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

It would be different if it were the Bengals. Their fans aren't everywhere and aren't as obnoxious. The Steelers in a way have become the Yankees: if you don't love them then you hate them. This isn't college. It isn't good etiquette to root for a team in your conference.

You both are whacked. What difference does it make whether it's college or pro's. So we're supposed to root for Michigan except when they play Ohio State? DONT THINK SO. What happened to I have 31 favorite teams the Browns and anyone who beats the Steelers? That still works for me if the Browns are 16-0 or 0-16. They are and will always be the enemy whether I have friends that are Steeler fans or not.

And as far as the Big Ten goes, screw everyone else. GO BROWNS and GO BUCKEYES!!!

rich4eagle, what you are saying makes sense and I understand your point. In a perfect world, that would be the way to go, but if the shoe were on the other foot, I couldn't root for the Browns. Well, maybe if the Browns did it in say the next year or so, yeah, because of the whole Baltimore fiasco, but no other time could I see myself cheering for the Browns in the Super Bowl.

Futher root against in YOUR own teams division for another team in another conference

Otherwise you are hoping your rivals are not worthy and you are a piece of garbage

to me rooting for the packers is like rooting for Iran instead of New Jersey.........maybe logic and America is a non comprende

You claim to like the stoolers just as much as the Browns if not more so in my opinion you will never ever know the first thing about being a "real fan". You can try the stoolers board. I hear they're filled with all kinds of bandwagon fans you would get along great with.

You both are whacked. What difference does it make whether it's college or pro's. So we're supposed to root for Michigan except when they play Ohio State? DONT THINK SO. What happened to I have 31 favorite teams the Browns and anyone who beats the Steelers? That still works for me if the Browns are 16-0 or 0-16. They are and will always be the enemy whether I have friends that are Steeler fans or not.

And as far as the Big Ten goes, screw everyone else. GO BROWNS and GO BUCKEYES!!!

Exactly- if Michigan were ever playing in the National Championship game, I'd be rooting for them to get blown out.

EDIT: And Richie-poo, how many Michigan fans were rooting for Ohio State in their National Championship games? Damn few, I'd bet.

Green Bay hasn't won in awhile, and doesn't have anyone I can't stand playing for them. Can't say that about the Steelers.

Packers= America's Team.

I don't really care for either team. Being a AFC guy and a North member, I won't root against the Steelers. I guess I don't root against anybody for that matter, but if i had to pick one, I guess i will go with the Steelers.....but during the game it can easily swing the other way.

I just want a good close game, in which case i will probably root for whoever has the ball last to pull out a last second win.

I just can't turn my emotions light a light switch.

I started rooting for the Browns in 1970, and included in that loyalty is disdain for Pittsburgh, Cincy, & Houston. I'm certain Steeler, Bengal, & Oiler fans felt the same.

Nothing has changed for me since then, except Baltimore, Denver, the NY Jets, & New England have been added (yes, I hate the Titans too).

I'm hoping Green Bay wins, but I think the Steelers take it, 34-21.

Outside of the original point of this thread being mind numbingly ignorant, calling people real fans or not always screams of delusion. How much do you have to spend to be a real fan? How and when do you have to root to be a real fan? How much time and energy need to be spent to be considered a real fan? Maybe we need some sort of guide to be written so that we can better understand true fandom.

If you're going to ask for intelligent comments, it's only fair that you post something intelligent. This is crap, and probably the dumbest post I have ever read here.

I would prefer to see the Packers beat the Steelers, but my bottom line is...If the Brown's aren't in it, I really don't give a damn!

That's just my preference...we're all different, so I hope you all enjoy the game.

Mike

Man you are such a REAL browns fan for rooting for the steelers it blows my mind!

I don't really care for either team. Being a AFC guy and a North member, I won't root against the Steelers. I guess I don't root against anybody for that matter, but if i had to pick one, I guess i will go with the Steelers.....but during the game it can easily swing the other way.

I just want a good close game, in which case i will probably root for whoever has the ball last to pull out a last second win.

Well, for all our Steeler trolls that keep parading how great they are (like they have anything to do with the Steelers greatness), I hope they get blown out 50-0. There's always the commercials & halftime, though I'm not into the Black Eyed Peas.

Let's see, Rich. Do you want us to root for a real NFL football team I respect as such?

Or a bunch of cheap-shotting, women-assaulting, stupid-ass rabid egg-sucking weasels?

You choose your choice, Rich, I'll choose mine - and I'm rooting for the Packers, a real NFL football TEAM.

The only way the egg-sucking weasels will win THIS superbowl, is by once again, taking out the knees or head of the Packers'

quarterback, and the help of the referees. :angry:

It would be different if it were the Bengals. Their fans aren't everywhere and aren't as obnoxious. The Steelers in a way have become the Yankees: if you don't love them then you hate them. This isn't college. It isn't good etiquette to root for a team in your conference.

I agree partially ...I NEVER rooted for the Brown's when they were playing in the AFC or NFL Championship game ,BUT, I did not root for the Bengals either . As a matter of fact , it's kind of like OSU Fans and Michigan ..I root for my team and anybody who is playing against the Browns/Bengals/Ravens /Oilers etc ... The only time I ever wanted the Browns to win was when it would help the Steelers ( and even that was hard )... I understand the rooting for the Packers mantra on this Board ...Bet Chicago and Minnesota fans are mostlY rooting for the Steelers ..although the Steelers are becoming a "Hated " team because they are always in the mix ...I understand that too... success breeds a lot of emtions for and against you

Some things may be hard for me to explain, or hard for you to understand.........

i'd root for the Tigers to win the World Series, but never ever the Yankees or Red Sox

i'd root for the Bucks or Pacers or even the Pistons to win the NBA Championship, but never ever the Celtics

i'd root for the Bengals or even the Ravens to win the Superbowl, but i'd never ever ever ever root for the Steelers.

Never gonnna happen. i'd switch to soccer before that happens.

Wow this rich4eagle guy is a douche.. does he really care who I root for when the browns aren't playing?

I wouldn't root for the steelers if they were playing iran. In fact I use to root for the iron sheik.

The steelers losing will bring me joy tomorrow.

I'm just shocked someone would start a thread this Retarded.

Rooting for the steelers would be like sleeping with ur sister

Why is this even a new thread........hey rich we already have a thread entitled 'stupid things steeler fans might say this week'. This would be the perfect post for that topic.

Anyways I will be rooting for the steelers...........

to lose ASSHOLE!

Well, for all our Steeler trolls that keep parading how great they are (like they have anything to do with the Steelers greatness), I hope they get blown out 50-0. There's always the commercials & halftime, though I'm not into the Black Eyed Peas.

That would be pretty cool too.

Some things may be hard for me to explain, or hard for you to understand.........

i'd root for the Tigers to win the World Series, but never ever the Yankees or Red Sox

i'd root for the Bucks or Pacers or even the Pistons to win the NBA Championship, but never ever the Celtics

i'd root for the Bengals or even the Ravens to win the Superbowl, but i'd never ever ever ever root for the Steelers.

Never gonnna happen. i'd switch to soccer before that happens.

Eddie suffers from Boston envy.

I disagree with Rich. Rich only needs an excuse so he can wear his Big Gay jersey today that he has hanging in the closet.

Once upon a time back when Rich was in high school his HS Team got their asses pounded by their school rivals. Over the weekend Rich heard that his HS Rivals football team was going into the state playoffs and Rich went out and bought a jersey of his HS rivals and wore it to school on monday and wore it all week. I am sure that his classmates beat the shit out of him for being the traitor that he is.

Rich dont piss down our backs and tell us its raining.

Archived