THE BROWNS BOARD

Four hundred fans who paid $800 for tickets to Super Bowl XLV won't have a seat.

Speedyd900rr

Via Here

ARLINGTON, Texas – Angry fans outside a Cowboys Stadium fence chanted “Let us in!,” “Jerry sucks!” and “We want seats!” while being denied inside access for Super Bowl XLV on Sunday.

After initially being turned away at the gate, approximately 850 fans with tickets in temporary seating sections were relocated to similar or better seats for the game between the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers.

After the game started, the NFL said another 400 fans who were not accommodated with seats in the stadium were eventually taken inside to watch the game on monitors in the North Field Club behind the Pittsburgh bench.

They also had the option of viewing the game from standing room platforms in each corner of the stadium,” the league said in a statement. “In addition, these fans will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. The face value of these tickets is $800.”

I could go for $2400 for having to stand and pretty much just a free trip.

While this sounds like an okay deal, they were given 3x the face value. The question is, how many PAID face for it? The tickets were all going for 3x the value on broker sites. So my guess is there were a lot of them who simply got their money back, but were still out lodging, airfare, etc.

I think they got screwed. Jerry Jones needs to be reigned in before he turns the NFL into MLB. It comes to a point where greed is detrimental. I mean, trying to squeeze in 400 extra fans is a bit stupid, don't you think?

Via Here

ARLINGTON, Texas – Angry fans outside a Cowboys Stadium fence chanted “Let us in!,” “Jerry sucks!” and “We want seats!” while being denied inside access for Super Bowl XLV on Sunday.

After initially being turned away at the gate, approximately 850 fans with tickets in temporary seating sections were relocated to similar or better seats for the game between the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers.

After the game started, the NFL said another 400 fans who were not accommodated with seats in the stadium were eventually taken inside to watch the game on monitors in the North Field Club behind the Pittsburgh bench.

They also had the option of viewing the game from standing room platforms in each corner of the stadium,” the league said in a statement. “In addition, these fans will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. The face value of these tickets is $800.”

That's pretty shitty for Packer fans that saved up for this opportunity to watch their team.

Laughing My Ass Off at the Steeler fans that got screwed...

Zombo

I went to the Pacquiao/Margarito fight and they sold me tickets they knew were not going to be available due to the way HBO sets up there cameras and sold them as if they were oblivious to how HBO sets up. Im sure it was planned well in advance so there was no excuse. I did get new seats which were supposed to be an upgrade, but they were the same row from a corner angle to the ring which is no upgrade. Not near the same scale of what happened at the superbowl, but definitely shows the level of douchebagginess this douchebag is operating at.

I suspect that the people who received this treatment were not celebs or high rollers. They were very likely folks for whom this was a once in a lifetime trip. If I ever attend a Super Bowl, I'm quite certain it will be a once in a lifetime event. If I fell victim to the "sorry no seat available" situation, three times face value on my tickets would NOT be adequate compensation. I'd be looking for a free trip to the next Super Bowl courtesy of my deadbeat host. I probably wouldn't GET that, but it's the only thing that would come close to satisfying me.

I would indeed be iriate and pissed if it were me and the browns were there, just think also if you travel for your team and they offer you a ticket to next years Super Bowl whats the chances your team makes it back, xxxx Jerry Jones ive never liked him and never will hes trash

I'll tell you what, I would absolutely be going for the cost of the trip, hotel, and any other expenses on top of what they are being paid if I were some of these people who didn't get a seat. I could not even begin to imagine how irate i'd be if I were one of these people, having to miss a once in a lifetime opportunity.

How the HELL do you not have enough seats to cover the tickets you sell for the Super Bowl? Jerry and the NFL had three years to prepare for the greatest show in Dallas and to step on your dck like they did

is inexcuseable. If i were walking up to the gate and was told there was something up with my seats I would be breathing fire. They would be flying my party to Indy next year first class, putting me up in

the presidential suite at the finest hotel and comping all me meals and ground transportation. Then I might calm down and enjoy my 50 yard line seats in the finest luxury facilitites Lucas Oil Field has to offer.

And can they assure me that the team I travellled thousands of miles to suppport will be in next years Super Bowl? Nothing they could do for me would ever erase the dissapointment of not having a seat

for yesterdays game.

I have a feeling you would be singing a different tune if you payed for a hotel, plane ticket, rented a car, and then got kicked out while the Browns were getting ready to play.

Yet it's all being reimbursed 10 fold now. They're all being given Super Bowl tickets of their choice so that they are guaranteed seeing their respective team if their team reaches the Super Bowl again. In addition to everything else being covered for that game plus a reimbursement of their money from this past super bowl. They are all being compensated AND they were all allowed on the field after the game. They were just talking about it on Mike and Mike.

Yet it's all being reimbursed 10 fold now. They're all being given Super Bowl tickets of their choice so that they are guaranteed seeing their respective team if their team reaches the Super Bowl again. In addition to everything else being covered for that game plus a reimbursement of their money from this past super bowl. They are all being compensated AND they were all allowed on the field after the game. They were just talking about it on Mike and Mike.

that's all fine and dandy, but who the hell knows when a team will be back to the super bowl, yet alone where the hell i'll be when they do. I could have a heart attack and die tomorrow and miss the chance to see the greatest sporting event in the history of sports, IMO. So no, to a certain degree they could never "repay". It's completely inexcusable for an event like this.

that's all fine and dandy, but who the hell knows when a team will be back to the super bowl, yet alone where the hell i'll be when they do. I could have a heart attack and die tomorrow and miss the chance to see the greatest sporting event in the history of sports, IMO. So no, to a certain degree they could never "repay". It's completely inexcusable for an event like this.

I agree to a point but there were people paying to stand outside. Would I have been pissed? Absolutely but considering the teams I'd say you can venture a reasonable guess both teams will be back in the Super Bowl at some point in time. They're being given the sun and the moon for their troubles and as I said above those people were allowed on the field after the game. People that paid 25k a ticket weren't allowed on the field and that is a ONCE in a lifetime experience. Sucks but those people are being handsomely compensated for their trouble.

I agree to a point but there were people paying to stand outside. Would I have been pissed? Absolutely but considering the teams I'd say you can venture a reasonable guess both teams will be back in the Super Bowl at some point in time. They're being given the sun and the moon for their troubles and as I said above those people were allowed on the field after the game. People that paid 25k a ticket weren't allowed on the field and that is a ONCE in a lifetime experience. Sucks but those people are being handsomely compensated for their trouble.

Seeing as how they let all 400 pissed off people out there im sure the players and everyone were long gone so it was really pointless imo.

Im sure the only reason they did it was to make it look like they had the opportunity of a lifetime when in reality all they did was walk on grass inside a stadium that doesn't even belong to they're team.

The part that bothers me the most was the little kid I seen in the video standing next to the fence. I couldn't even begin to imagine how he felt when they told him no after its all he was looking forward to for the past few weeks. Chances are he told his friends, family, teachers, and every stranger he came across that he was going to the Superbowl and when he got home and they asked how it was, all he can say is they wouldnt let him in.

Sure his dad will make money off of it but the kid wont see a dime and im sure he would of rather seen his favorite player and team win the superbowl then get that new bicycle his dad can buy him now.

If anything they could of let the kids talk to some of the players or do something special for them besides letting them walk out on the field after the game was over.

Approximately 1,000 fans sued the NFL, the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones on Wednesday saying they were deceived by not getting seats or received inadequate seats. The federal lawsuit, filed in Dallas, alleges breach of contract, fraud and deceptive sales practices.

Fans sue over ticket issues

Archived