THE BROWNS BOARD

Von Miller?

Nw220

Been looking at alot of Mock Drafts lately and it appears that Von Miller outta Texas A&M has been rising up the boards and alot of people have us taking him at #6, Saw him play at the Senior Bowl and he domanited just wanted to get a perscpetive as to what your guys take on him is???

No thanks. I don't like taking linebackers this high when you need D line help. Also, I think that Miller has bust written all over him. He reminds me very much of Aaron Curry two years ago. Virtually unheard of at the beginning of the season, gets some praise towards the end, plays huge in the Senior Bowl, impresses at the combine, gets drafted in the top 5, and then falls into obscurity. Pass.

I really gotta say that he's not a one hit wonder

6'3 243

Sophmore year

44 Tackles,3 Sacks

Junior Year

43 Tackles,17 Sacks

Senior Year

63 Tackles,11 sacks,1 Int

He was considering coming out after his Junior Year because the kid had 17 sacks now you cant tell me thats one year of production...

Watch this Video and tell me hes not a beast, i know #6 is high but i think he will be great player....Im still for taking a Dline man as well but really Bowers and Fairley arent gonna be there and Quinn hasnt played in a year and id pass on him...Also i dont see Dareus as being very productive he seems lazy at times and takes plays off

11 sacks last year as opposed to 2 this year thats a big drop in Production so if i had to take my pick i wouldnt like ethier of them at #6

I really gotta say that he's not a one hit wonder

6'3 243

Sophmore year

44 Tackles,3 Sacks

Junior Year

43 Tackles,17 Sacks

Senior Year

63 Tackles,11 sacks,1 Int

He was considering coming out after his Junior Year because the kid had 17 sacks now you cant tell me thats one year of production...

Watch this Video and tell me hes not a beast, i know #6 is high but i think he will be great player....Im still for taking a Dline man as well but really Bowers and Fairley arent gonna be there and Quinn hasnt played in a year and id pass on him...Also i dont see Dareus as being very productive he seems lazy at times and takes plays off

11 sacks last year as opposed to 2 this year thats a big drop in Production so if i had to take my pick i wouldnt like ethier of them at #6

I just have a problem gett a linebacker when he has no help in front of him. We need a down lineman to put pressure on the QB more than an LB.

Because of Von Miller, Peterson, Green, and all the options at D-Line I know that someone I like will fall to us so I'm not even worried about our first pick because I know that it is going to be someone freakish good. I'm actually more worried about how we spend our picks 2-4.

Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.

Well, when in Browns history they have chosen the likes of Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren as DL in the first 6 picks of the draft, you do have to worry. Those guys seemed like they were freakishly good when they were picked. Well, they were freakish, but they weren't good.

What I am saying is that this year there is alot of good talent early in the draft that we will get to pick from even with the 6th pick. Hell there could be good enough options left at that point that we could trade back to someone who desperately wants one of these guys and we could pick up one of the solid DE/DT's that are suposed to go in the 2nd half of round 1.

What I am saying is that this year there is alot of good talent early in the draft that we will get to pick from even with the 6th pick. Hell there could be good enough options left at that point that we could trade back to someone who desperately wants one of these guys and we could pick up one of the solid DE/DT's that are suposed to go in the 2nd half of round 1.

Yeah it wouldnt be a dumb thing to do, i would if Green is gone and Fairley and Bowers are off the board as well....Trade back and grab someone like Cameron Jordan or Akeem Ayers,while adding extra picks

Well, that, I guess is one of the pitfalls of getting too wrapped up in who the Browns might take with their first pick.

We can spend months debating who they should take at #6 with every potential name being thrown around and advocated, but then on draft day the Browns throw a monkey wrench into those months of jabber by trading down, like they did the year they picked up Alex Mack.

I am pretty sure there was not much discussion about him on these boards before the Browns moved down twice to take him and get extra picks.

So, it could happen again, you never know. I guess that is why I don't usually get overly wrapped up in whom the Browns might pick.

(That, and the fact that the Browns had such a bad run of luck with the guys they did pick makes me gunshy about the draft.)

Also, guys who are able to play both linebacking positions usually send up a red flag anyway. Most of the time, if they can play two positions, they can't play either one well.

What? Where the hell does this derive from? Plenty of the better LB's in the league can play both positions. Position flexibility is a benefit not a detriment.

Of course, none of us know OR are well qualified enough to know what the Brown's braintrust is planning, but IMHO, if Fairly, Green or the kid from Clemson are gone, I'm all for trading down. Not only is there a lot of talent available, but we have a GM & FO that KNOW what they're doing. I certainly don't want a "questionable hands" Julio Jones at #6.

The draft will be very interesting, & I don't see us playing the hand we're dealt to this point.

Mike

I don't know about that.

Brown was injured, so it's hard to say.

Warren, while he didn't end up another Reggie White has managed to start for 12 years or more....I think he started for the Pats the last year or two, so it's hard to say he isn't any good.

I don't know about that.

Brown was injured, so it's hard to say.

Warren, while he didn't end up another Reggie White has managed to start for 12 years or more....I think he started for the Pats the last year or two, so it's hard to say he isn't any good.

Well, maybe the Browns dumping him caused him to have a "come to Jesus" awakening, because he was useless here.

He probably wasn't as talented as we thought he should be, but he didn't play up to even that talent level when he was here.

On Courtney Brown, yes, he was injured, but so many people supposedly in the know also felt that he was the Tin Man. No heart for the game.

I agree. Brown was soft, looked tough, great shape, but soft. "Big Money" was a bust big time. Two wasted picks.

Archived