THE BROWNS BOARD

AntiSemitism

Paxton

What do you guys think about this?

--------------------------------------------------------

Dior fires Galliano after anti-Semitic video surfaces

"I love Hitler," an apparently drunken fashion designer John Galliano says in a video obtained by Britain's Sun newspaper.

In response, the famed Christian Dior fashion house has fired Galliano, who apparently made the anti-Semitic comments in a Paris restaurant last year. The company had already suspended its creative director, condemning his "deeply offensive statements and conduct." On Tuesday, it said it was starting proceedings to fire him, reports AP.

Natalie Portman, who appears in ads for Miss Dior Cherie perfume, has also distanced herself from Galliano.

"I am deeply shocked and disgusted by the video of John Galliano's comments that surfaced today," she said in a statement to AP. "In light of this video, and as an individual who is proud to be Jewish, I will not be associated with Mr. Galliano in any way." She said, "I hope at the very least, these terrible comments remind us to reflect and act upon combating these still-existing prejudices that are the opposite of all that is beautiful."

Galliano faced his accusers -- a couple who claim he made anti-Semitic slurs -- at a local Paris police station on Monday. The hearing was closed to the public, but a police officer who had knowledge of it said of Galliano: "He denied all the accusations against him." The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about an ongoing investigation, reports AP.

Galliano's lawyer, Stephane Zerbib, said Galliano "never made an anti-Semitic remark in more than 10 years at Dior."

Also testifying were Galliano's chauffeur and an employee of The Perle, the trendy cafe in Paris where the insults were allegedly made, reports AP, and both said they did not hear any anti-Semitic or racist remarks.

Dior fashion house is scheduled to present its fall-winter 2011-2012 ready-to-wear show on Friday as part of Paris fashion week. The Paris prosecutor's office was expected to decide, possibly on Tuesday, what follow-up there may be. Making anti-Semitic remarks can bring up to six months in prison.

It's hard to guess who's telling the truth. My bet goes with the couple. They have no reason to lie.

Maybe he's a distant cousin to Jimmy Carter and Obamao...

and Hillary Clinton.

Egad.

It's hard to guess who's telling the truth. My bet goes with the couple. They have no reason to lie.

Maybe he's a distant cousin to Jimmy Carter and Obamao...

and Hillary Clinton.

Egad.

Wow. It took you all of two lines to get a completely unrelated story back to Obama, Hillary Clinton, and Jimmy Carter. Quality.

Or mania. One of the two.

Well I see Heck is back from his 10 day vacation from riding the short bus around to all of the union protests.

Maybe the fashion designers union will file a grievance on their behalf for being hatemongers.

Quik question for heck; was Jimmy Carter your bus driver?

Probably not the people who employ me to write comedy.

I am suprised that they let you outside of the asylum.

But getting back to the topic; why are we discussing the fact that 2 buttercups had a spat. Most liberals only yell or cry about semitism when it helps themselves. Otherwise most liberals hate Israel. Liberals will admonish the Muslim faith and the practice of Sharia Law; even if it brings about honor killings/murders.

Archived