THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Re-Sign Quarterback Seneca Wallace

Yatzee. I'm liking most of these deals so far. Jackson back on a performance deal, Moore gets a 2nd round tender so we either get him back or a 2nd round tender, Wright gets a 2nd round tender so we get one more year to see if his shit year was the norm or not or even better a 2nd round pick. Dawson Franchise tag. No we get back a good spot starter at QB who has played in the WCO for most of his professional career.

I also like this move alot, hes a great backup QB and if anything were to happen to Colt we know he can come in and play...Now can we please do something about Jake Delhomme

I think we will just after the draft.

We are going to draft a QB at some point....maybe round 4 or 5. Once he is on board, I think we do the right thing for Jake and let him go at that point.

Good move on Wallace. Gives us a solid option if Colt gets hurt or starts to stumble in a bad way.

This is good, he spent his entire career in the West Coast offense, he is skilled and capable. Still don't know why we wnt back to Delhomme when Wallace was healthy.

Zombo

This is good, he spent his entire career in the West Coast offense, he is skilled and capable. Still don't know why we wnt back to Delhomme when Wallace was healthy.

Zombo

In one of the articles it mentioned the team likes Delohmme as a mentor for McCoy.

While I still see him being cut, I wouldn't be shocked if we kept him around if he agreed to a sizable pay cut.

Maybe the new guy gets placed on the practice squad, though I wouldn't want to do that unless he was a later round selection, or even a UDFA.

I suppose we could keep 4 QBs on the roster. Sure, it burns a spot, but it is the most important spot. If keeping Jake another year really helps McCoy, and I would assume whoever we draft, then we can find the room.

Per Adam Schefter Twitter:

"More Deals: Browns re-signed quarterback Seneca Wallace to a three-year contract tonight"

http://www.twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Looks like Jake Delhomme's release is inevitable.

Smart move resigning Wallace

keep delhomme as an offensive assistant and let him get his coaching feet wet. after the buffalo game last year, it's pretty clear that there is no gas left in the tank.

some espner had mentioned cutting delhomme and bringing in hasslebeck from seattle. another veteran guy to groom mccoy but for how much? maybe someone could tell me the differencee in money and time, but doesn't that seem like a better fit than delhomme? along with being on the same fishing string as wallace?

some espner had mentioned cutting delhomme and bringing in hasslebeck from seattle. another veteran guy to groom mccoy but for how much? maybe someone could tell me the differencee in money and time, but doesn't that seem like a better fit than delhomme? along with being on the same fishing string as wallace?

I dont think Pete Carroll is giving up on Hasselbeck just yet...too many questions about Charlie Whitehurst still...Im all for dumping Jake though....

NO WAY Seattle is letting Matt go, not yet.

So the Browns have Seneca Wallace, Delhomme, and Colt - the wimp McCoy(remember the Nat'l Champ Game when he claimed after one hit he had a "dead arm")

Holmgren is a genius at being mediocre. He wants to institute a west coast offense in the AFC North without the QB, RB's, and Receivers necessary.

Another year of failed expectations will result in a 6-7 win season. Keep paying the fat walrus boo koo bucks at the end of his career. He doesn't have a clue!

So the Browns have Seneca Wallace, Delhomme, and Colt - the wimp McCoy(remember the Nat'l Champ Game when he claimed after one hit he had a "dead arm")

Holmgren is a genius at being mediocre. He wants to institute a west coast offense in the AFC North without the QB, RB's, and Receivers necessary.

Except, they will have the QB necessary: Colt McCoy. They will have the RBs necessary: Hillis, Hardesty, Vickers. And they may even have the WRs: perhaps with whom they draft, or perhaps in a FA pickup, or perhaps the likes of Robiskie, MoMass, Mitchell were just made for that system. (though admittedly this is the most questionable area)Another year of failed expectations will result in a 6-7 win season. Keep paying the fat walrus boo koo bucks at the end of his career. He doesn't have a clue!

Not sure why you think this is the "end of his career". He may no longer coach, but he could go another 10-12 as a club President. How old do you think he is? He is only like 62-63.

Archived