THE BROWNS BOARD

What A Difference A Year Makes

Today is the one year anniversary of us trading Brady Quinn to Denver for Peyton Hillis, a 6th round pick last year and a conditional pick this year. We all thought that we had a good draft based on Hillis' potential but none of us knew that it would pay off this big. Hillis had a great season this year and could be a fixture in Cleveland if he stays healthy. Quinn however has regressed even more since departing Cleveland. He is now 3rd string in Denver behind Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow. It doesn't look like he will even get playing time this year unless someone gets hurt. Just thought it would be interesting to see how we made out a year after the trade.

easy with patting your team on the back too much.

i mean, is there REALLY much of a difference from last year?

oh yeah, your new coaching staff that is going to get ZERO time to implement their new coaching philosophies before the season starts.

not an improvement.

4-12 record for the brownies if there is a full 16game season, you heard it hear first.

oh yeah, your new coaching staff that is going to get ZERO time to implement their new coaching philosophies before the season starts.

not an improvement.

4-12 record for the brownies if there is a full 16game season, you heard it hear first.

If you would actually take the time to read dipshit, you would see that I wasn't patting them on the back for a great all around season. I was saying that we weren't sure about how Hillis would work out but now we know what he can do. We are still a long way away from greatness but they got this trade right. My special ed fifth graders do a better job of making inferences than you do. Troll.

If you would actually take the time to read dipshit, you would see that I wasn't patting them on the back for a great all around season. I was saying that we weren't sure about how Hillis would work out but now we know what he can do. We are still a long way away from greatness but they got this trade right. My special ed fifth graders do a better job of making inferences than you do. Troll.

your post clearly states what a difference a year made in regards to where the 2 players are at this point production wise and what team got the better end of the deal from the hillis/quinn trade. it just goes to show how desperate and eager these morons are to troll. taking things out of context is routine for these idiots. they'll do anything to try to hate or start an arguemnent. the best thing to do is to let them sit there and look stupid talking to themselves.

Yeah it is amazing to think how big Hillis became,when we thought about what Harrison was going to be instead....Turns out he was traded and we found are Future RB in Hillis....Im glad,i was so pissed when we traded away a first round pick to the Cowboys for Quinn, i just never saw anything truly special in him...And he is way to sure of himself, i think we truly got a steal in McCoy in the 3rd round he has all the intagables maybe not the biggest arm but ill take leadership and a knack of how to make plays, over a big arm and the protopical size etc..

Yeah it is amazing to think how big Hillis became,when we thought about what Harrison was going to be instead....Turns out he was traded and we found are Future RB in Hillis....Im glad,i was so pissed when we traded away a first round pick to the Cowboys for Quinn, i just never saw anything truly special in him...And he is way to sure of himself, i think we truly got a steal in McCoy in the 3rd round he has all the intagables maybe not the biggest arm but ill take leadership and a knack of how to make plays, over a big arm and the protopical size etc..

yes, hillis was a pleasant suprise. he really carried the offense on his back for a large portion of the season. i hope he can be a rb that will contribute for a good amount of years. hardesty is still a question mark to me and he has to show he can stay healthy. i would like for the browns to draft a rb in the later rounds that can compliment hillis' style.

not an improvement.

Comprehend much?

I never really liked Quinn to begin with, thought he was a choke artist in college. Glad he's gone. I was actually kinda optimistic about hillis thought he did ok when he was with denver. I never thought he was gonna be the beast he turned out to be, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a one year wonder kinda deal.

Today is the one year anniversary of us trading Brady Quinn to Denver for Peyton Hillis, a 6th round pick last year and a conditional pick this year. We all thought that we had a good draft based on Hillis' potential but none of us knew that it would pay off this big.

Thank you Eric Mangini..Mike and Tom didn't even know who this cat was until EM got them on board

Today is the one year anniversary of us trading Brady Quinn to Denver for Peyton Hillis, a 6th round pick last year and a conditional pick this year. We all thought that we had a good draft based on Hillis' potential but none of us knew that it would pay off this big.

Thank you Eric Mangini..Mike and Tom didn't even know who this cat was until EM got them on board

Even a blind Pig finds an acorn once in awhile. mangini gutted the team with stupid trades, this was under holmgren heckert with mangini

lobbying. Mangini/Kokinis were a train wreck at deal making.

Actually...I remember reading something that Hillis was on Heckerts radar while in Philly...I wish I could remember the source.

Yeah, I gotta say i told ya so also. I knew once we got him after looking at his body of work in Denver we had ourselves the RB of the future. My only concern is he needs 20 to 30 carries a game to be very effective. Hopefully Hardesty offers the 1 2 punch we need.

Archived