THE BROWNS BOARD

Michael W. Smith states GM job is Pioli's and the frontrunner for coach is...

Guest mz.

Interesting. Might be that McDaniels is indeed a little younger/greener than Pioli would like. He would know.

If that's the case, I'd prefer Mangini or Schwartz to Ferentz. Wouldn't everybody?

Perhaps Pioli could convince McDaniels to come over as OC????

Guest Aloysius

We got a hint a few weeks ago that there may be a Pioli-McDaniels personality clash.

From the PD:

By the way, a New England source said to not assume that Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels would follow Pioli anywhere as his head coach. There's a reason McDaniels left the team's scouting department to go into coaching.

Well then looks like we're not getting McDaniels then.

I think right now we are getting media driven speculation just to get a story out there. Pioli is the one who started the speculation about bringing McDaniels with him. They could always get him away from NE as OC if they made him Asst. HC/OC. That's how the Cowboys got Garrett from Miami.

But, I honestly think he is one of the top candidates. Schwartz has contacted the team and requested an interview. Lerner today said that Mangini will be interviewed. I haven't heard anybody here say anything about bringing in Ferentz.

I don't want to see Ferentz because he may want to keep some of our staff, especially our coordinators. Ferentz was a real favorite and friend of Savage.

Smith called Ferentz "the primary candidate" for the job. That sounds a little stronger than him being the front runner in a group of potential candidates.

God Damn. Marty-xxxxing-Schottenheimer says he wants to coach, has been successful everywhere he has been and may not even get a xxxxing call from us?

xxxx that. If Kirk Ferentz is hired, I hope the team moves to xxxxing LA. This is bullshit. I'll take Spags, Schwartz, or Ryan over someone from a 2nd tier Big Ten school. At least those three guys have gotten results.

Dear Randy Lerner, wake up and quit wasting time and money on these never-have-beens. Let them cut their teeth elsewhere.

God Damn. Marty-xxxxing-Schottenheimer says he wants to coach, has been successful everywhere he has been and may not even get a xxxxing call from us?

xxxx that. If Kirk Ferentz is hired, I hope the team moves to xxxxing LA. This is bullshit. I'll take Spags, Schwartz, or Ryan over someone from a 2nd tier Big Ten school. At least those three guys have gotten results.

Dear Randy Lerner, wake up and quit wasting time and money on these never-have-beens. Let them cut their teeth elsewhere.

When did Marty say he wanted to coach? Last reports have him saying he's interested in a FO job and not coaching.

Screw it. If Pioli is indeed dead-set on bringing Ferentz in, I wouldn't hire his ass. What's the point???

Come on mz the pussy, don't you just look forward to 4 more years of bad football and excuses? Even more awesome, Rich and Ghoolie could come and trumped how they were right (whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that all of us would state the move was total shit).

Yeah. AWESOME! I can't wait.

I will be irate if the Browns hire Ferentz over McDaniels.

Absolutely irate.

I still say that it is media spin. I haven't heard anybody associated with the Browns even say he is getting an interview. As a matter of fact, Ferentz hasn't made a statement that he even wants an interview.

Lerner has left for New York and will meet with Pioli tomorrow and also will interview Mangini. I would think that Pioli told him to go ahead and talk with Mangini. I'm sure Lerner isn't about to interview a HC without the GM's okay. He's already been down that road and knows it doesn't work.

Archived