THE BROWNS BOARD

Are There Any Good Wrs In The 2012 Draft Class?

SJ_Browns

Are there any guys like AJ coming out in that class (or another kind of wr that can be an impact player)? That could play a significant role in the Browns decision to trade back if the opportunity presents itself.

Edit: Btw, I know it's hard to tell if some guys will stay in school or if they'll leave school early. I guess I'm wondering about those who will be graduating or maybe even those whom are pegged to leave early. Draft gurus, I need your help on this one.

- Alshon Jeffrey imo, is already better than AJ Green. He'll be there next year.

- Justin Blackmon will also be there. He's probably on the same tier maybe a tick lower) as Julio Jones

and then there's a notch below those two in guys like: Sanu and Jeff Fuller.

Either way, does it really matter? Next year's draft class at most positions are much better than this current one.

- Luck and Barkley are better prospects than Newton and Gabbert

- The linebackers next year are ridiculous; Plenty of guys who can be all-pro linebackers. On the level of Patrick Willis-good.

- DT looks to be deep once again, which is one reason why I dont think we go DT this year.

- Offensive Linemen in next year's class definitely have better prospects than this year's, a lot of cornerstones.

There's more positions I could dive into, but thats for next summer to discuss.

- Alshon Jeffrey imo, is already better than AJ Green. He'll be there next year.

- Justin Blackmon will also be there. He's probably on the same tier maybe a tick lower) as Julio Jones

and then there's a notch below those two in guys like: Sanu and Jeff Fuller.

Either way, does it really matter? Next year's draft class at most positions are much better than this current one.

- Luck and Barkley are better prospects than Newton and Gabbert

- The linebackers next year are ridiculous; Plenty of guys who can be all-pro linebackers. On the level of Patrick Willis-good.

- DT looks to be deep once again, which is one reason why I dont think we go DT this year.

- Offensive Linemen in next year's class definitely have better prospects than this year's, a lot of cornerstones.

There's more positions I could dive into, but thats for next summer to discuss.

thanks for the info. i just wanted to understand the browns situation a little better. i don't keep up with college football that much. other than the osu, i don't really watch any games so i just wanted to see how things were looking wr wise. i'm not really sure what the browns should do now. i have some concerns about aj's intellect and if he can be coached up or not. i'm intrigued by the possibility of getting extra picks if they can trade back. but i would hate to pass up on a potential impact player like aj or even peterson. tom heckert and co, please make something good happen!!

Thats a big reason why i say we don't go WR in the first round. Wide receiver is a hard position to judge in terms of the player's impact. A guy in the 2nd round like Jon Baldwin might end up being as good one day.

Despite the fact it's a need, WR shouldn't be the #1 priority. CB and the Dline are the better positions to go after at this point.

Yeah Alshon Jeffery could easily be a top 5 pick and i love Justin Blackmon i wanted the Browns to take a look at him this year before he decided to go back to school next year...Also Ryan Bryoles will be back next year and hes short but hes a speedster,sorta in that Santana Moss mold coming outta College

Yeah Alshon Jeffery could easily be a top 5 pick and i love Justin Blackmon i wanted the Browns to take a look at him this year before he decided to go back to school next year...Also Ryan Bryoles will be back next year and hes short but hes a speedster,sorta in that Santana Moss mold coming outta College

i've heard alot of good things about blackmon.

Devier Posey?

Not sure how high he would be rated.

Well with the suspension im sure his stock will fall but he was listed as a 2nd round pick had he come out this year, so im sure he'd go anywhere from 2nd or 3rd round next year

Archived