THE BROWNS BOARD

Several Nfl Teams Are Cutting Ticket Prices

SJ_Browns

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/25/chargers-browns-cardinals-bucs-cut-ticket-prices/

At a time when NFL teams are alienating fans with a lockout, only four teams are attempting to entice fans by offering reduced-price tickets.

The Associated Press reports that four NFL teams are reducing the cost of tickets for the 2011 season: San Diego, Cleveland, Arizona and Tampa Bay.

Two other teams, the 49ers and Chiefs, are cutting some prices but raising others.

Overall, most NFL teams are saying it’s business as usual as far as ticket sales are concerned: Fans who want season tickets for any team other than the Giants will need to buy them in advance, paying now and getting refunded only if the lockout causes some games to be canceled.

Nine teams are raising ticket prices, confident that the fans will pay what they’re asked to pay. One such fan, Saints season ticket holder Hank Graham, explained why he bought season tickets again: “I renewed, like any good sheep would, because there are, supposedly, another 50,000 or so lunatic sheep like me waiting.”

Im not surprised really. Randy doesnt need the money accrued by the Browns franchise. He has other vested interest that he makes far more money than the Browns. Hes a fan like us only with much deeper pockets. Now put a damn winner on the field!

Actually, this pisses me off. As a season ticket holder, our seats weren't reduced. What this means is that remaining 'un-sold' tickets will be reduced, making those long-time season ticket holders tickets not worth what they paid for them. I am very pissed off over this lock-out, and I will be looking to join any class-action lawsuit that gets started. Us Private Seat License (PSL) holders/owners engaged into a contract with the Cleveland Browns. By the NFL and the Cleveland Browns not playing, they are breaking that contract. What is worst is that they are conducting business as usual in collecting for the upcoming season. If they miss games I would think that this is going to be extremely different situation than it was in the 1980's when there were no such 'contracts/PSL's' with fans. It was their idea to enforce these contract situations in order to have the 'rights' to season tickets, and it is going to be their un-doing if they don't hold up to their side of the contract and produce the entertainment agreed upon.

I wish I hadn't paid for my seats this season because I would 'hold-out', let them try to revoke the tickets from anyone who didn't pay, then not go forward with the season as planned. The stupid assholes, they were king of the sports world and in an economy crunched era, they are going xxxx the fans over how to sharte their billions.

I seriously hope it come back to bite them in the ass. I hope each club loses billions of dollars over the next five years. I've paid the money already and can't get it back for this season, but I'll get'em one way or another even if it means going without beverage and food during games, spending less on merchandise and anything having to do with the NFL.

I'd sell my tickets, but would never get out of it what I have in it ... and that my friends is the reasoning behind this ticket reduction. They aren't being good guys, they are being crooks.

i hope more nfl fans join that browns fan and sues the nfl/teams for breach of contract. i bet that would hurry this negotiation thing along pretty fast if they got hit by fans from all over the country like that. this is pure bs. it should've been taken care of already.

Actually, this pisses me off. As a season ticket holder, our seats weren't reduced. What this means is that remaining 'un-sold' tickets will be reduced, making those long-time season ticket holders tickets not worth what they paid for them. I am very pissed off over this lock-out, and I will be looking to join any class-action lawsuit that gets started. Us Private Seat License (PSL) holders/owners engaged into a contract with the Cleveland Browns. By the NFL anmd the Cleveland Browns not playing, they are breaking that contract. What is worst is that they are conducting business as usual in collecting for the upcoming season. If they miss games I would think that this is going to be extreamly different situation than it was in the 1980's when there were no such 'contracts/PSL's' with fans. It was their idea to enforce these contract situations in order to have the 'rights' to season tickets, and it is going to be their un-doing if they don't hold up to their side of the contract and produce the entertainment agreed upon.

I wish I hadn't paid for my seats this season because I would 'hold-out', let them try to revoke the tickets from anyone who didn't pay, then not go forward with the season as planned. The stupid assholes, they were king of the sports world and in an ecconomy crunched era, they are going xxxx the fans over how to sharte their billions.

I seriously hope it come back to bite them in the ass. I hope each club loses billions of dollars over the next five years. I've paid the money already and can't get it back for this season, but I'll get'em one way or another even if it means going without beverage and food during games, spending less on merchandise and anything having to do with the NFL.

I'd sell my tickets, but would never get out of it what I have in it ... and that my friends is the reasoning behind this ticket reduction. They atren't being good guys, they are being crooks.

Let's wait and see what seats are being reduced....do you know???

My guess it is the corners....like family zone. I know I have seen $19 tickets being promoted

But sure, if I find out some walk up bought a ticket near me for a reduced price, I'll be ticked.....unless my premium for being a season ticket holder changes from a hat to something nicer....say a medium sized plasma tv.....ok..that won't happen.....how about a certificate for 50% off a regulation jersey...I would be good with that.

We'll see what happens with seat relocation.....just a beef of mine. I put in last year and didn't get relocated. A friend on another board went to the select a seat function last year and got 2 seats a row in front of me, but on the other side.....on the 50, not the 40.

I would have taken those seats.

As usual, my $1404 is paid about 2 days after invoices are issued.

I figured being paid in full would mean at least a little something.....it didn't mean crap last year. Maybe this year will be different.

Let's wait and see what seats are being reduced....do you know???

My guess it is the corners....like family zone. I know I have seen $19 tickets being promoted

But sure, if I find out some walk up bought a ticket near me for a reduced price, I'll be ticked.....unless my premium for being a season ticket holder changes from a hat to something nicer....say a medium sized plasma tv.....ok..that won't happen.....how about a certificate for 50% off a regulation jersey...I would be good with that.

We'll see what happens with seat relocation.....just a beef of mine. I put in last year and didn't get relocated. A friend on another board went to the select a seat function last year and got 2 seats a row in front of me, but on the other side.....on the 50, not the 40.

I figured being paid in full would mean at least a little something.....it didn't mean crap last year. Maybe this year will be different.

I upgraded two years ago, not a huge upgrade but my 1999 PSl price was only credited for what I paid then toward what todays prices are and I'm starting all over again at todays prices. No loyalty toward people like me who owned PSL's since their inception. Want to upgrade? if bought through the Browns you start all over again. It's bullshit, and has really soured me on my beloved Browns. This PSL thing is a farce ... fuck PSL's.

I upgraded two years ago, not a huge upgrade but my 1999 PSl price was only credited for what I paid then toward what todays prices are and I'm starting all over again at todays prices. No loyalty toward people like me who owned PSL's since their inception. Want to upgrade? if bought through the Browns you start all over again. It's bullshit, and has really soured me on my beloved Browns. This PSL thing is a farce ... xxxx PSL's.

Well it's a way to guarantee that they have your money upfront. We put in for relocation this year- and were told if we get upgraded we'd only have to pay the difference between the current value of our section and the section we upgrade to- we'll see.

But fat chance on an upgrade. They clearly state (and it's just common sense anyway) the better the seats, the lower the odds of any of the premium seating becoming available. Moving from the last row corners of the upper deck to something better- not much of a problem. Want lower deck between the 30's higher than row 10? Lotsa luck, or try e-Bay or Craig list, and prepare to get reamed. You get TOO low in the lower deck the field flattens out so much, you lose perspective- you wouldn't think this would be a problem but it is- I know a guy (owns my local wine store) that has Row 2 lower deck 50 yard line for the Bengals- and the play goes to his side of the field, and you can't see through the players. :)

EDIT And BTW, moving from Section "B" to "A" as we're trying to do- The folks already in "A" have priority on PSL upgrades over anyone (that's me) trying to move into said section. FWIW, to my mind outside of club level, the "best seats in the house" are the first 5 rows of the upper deck or the last couple rows of the lower deck (they're under cover because of an overhang of the Club seats) between the 30s. We checked those out after the last Browns blowout by the Steelers.

It brings up the beef we had when the PSLs were originally issued back in '99 'Peen. No regard for what was "really" best seating. The triangle approach should have been taken. Just because you put in for between the 30s doesn't necessarily mean "best". Yeah- Don got 50 yard line allright- last row in the upper deck. You going to tell me row 5 on the 10 isn't way better? The Browns did. :(

Yeah, ah, pennies considered? It's never a good thing to wake up and find out that you're going to keep a few pennies in your pocket because teh value of your home just went down.

That's what this is about. Lerner is pricing his product to the market place.

Personally, I would rather Lerner actually have good cause to raise the Browns ticket prices.

Special note to Nickers........ Lowering ticket prices on a "portion" of tickets is not going to have any impact whatsoever on Lerner's pocketbook.

First off, 40% of the ticket revenue goes to the opponent, so we are only tlaking a MAX of 60% of the tickets being affected. Secondly, what CBS loses in per-ticket-price, they will make up in increased attendance and beer/food/junk sales.

The bulk of his income comes from TV and advertising.

This should be troubling to all fans because it hints that Lerner realizes his product has been shit, but just doesn't plan on giving us a product that commands top dollar.

That's my view.

Exactly. With the TV revenue, NFL teams could play to empty stadiums, and still make money. Average NFL ticket prices In fact, the Browns have the cheapest (don't know if that's the word I should use) average tickets in the NFL. You can bet the ranch if the Browns ever start winning again, Lerner will institute massive price hikes.

I upgraded two years ago, not a huge upgrade but my 1999 PSl price was only credited for what I paid then toward what todays prices are and I'm starting all over again at todays prices. No loyalty toward people like me who owned PSL's since their inception. Want to upgrade? if bought through the Browns you start all over again. It's bullshit, and has really soured me on my beloved Browns. This PSL thing is a farce ... xxxx PSL's.

Not sure what you mean by starting over at todays prices?? Are you saying it's like you just became a season ticket holder last year, and not 10 years ago, or however many years it's been??

That doesn't seem right.

I don't have the same problem with PSL value. I am category G...$1500 per license. It is the highest level you can get other than category A, which go for $2100 a license.

I know not to even try for those....they are lower level, looks like inside the 30's. The ticket prices are what I would call a match, only $100 a seat more a year them my seats cost.

PSL wise I can move even steven to club seats....the problem is ticket cost. They range from $1260 per seat to $2800 per seat. That makes the corner seats $157.50 per game. I use 8 games rather then ten to calculate game ticket cost since exhibition games are totally useless to me.

I can't justify paying $315 a game considering where I live, I can't use them for business purposes, and don't stand much of a chance in selling them at a fair price other than maybe the opener and maybe the Steeler game.

I don't know, maybe finding buyers for clubs would be easier, but I am not going to take that chance.

Plus, if I had them I would feel compelled to use the club as my game experience and head there early, the whole while being ticked I wasn't at "Club Browns Board" down in the lot.

Give me a firepit, a grilled burger, and a dixie cup for my beer and I am in great shape.

To the Lot!

Yeah, ah, pennies considered? It's never a good thing to wake up and find out that you're going to keep a few pennies in your pocket because teh value of your home just went down.

That's what this is about. Lerner is pricing his product to the market place.

Personally, I would rather Lerner actually have good cause to raise the Browns ticket prices.

Special note to Nickers........ Lowering ticket prices on a "portion" of tickets is not going to have any impact whatsoever on Lerner's pocketbook.

First off, 40% of the ticket revenue goes to the opponent, so we are only tlaking a MAX of 60% of the tickets being affected. Secondly, what CBS loses in per-ticket-price, they will make up in increased attendance and beer/food/junk sales.

The bulk of his income comes from TB and advertizing.

This should be troubling to all fans because it hints that Lerner realizes his product has been shit, but just doens't plan on giving us a product that commands top dollar.

That's my view.

I know Ghoolie,but sometimes...there are those fans that think Lerner is getting rich off the Browns and that we know is certainly not the case. Unlike Modell who fleeced the city then cried whoa when he effed up.

Archived