THE BROWNS BOARD

Schedule Release?

Furnier

It's coming up on that time of the year when the NFL releases the schedule. I wonder if they'll still go through with the annual schedule release show with the lockout hanging over our heads? Releasing a schedule that possibly may never happen. This MUST get resolved because fall without the Browns is no fall at all. In any case I think we'll probably get scheduled for a prime time game or two. I actually kinda enjoyed the all-Sunday afternoon schedule last season. Made things consistent and easy to work with for me. I have every intention of attending the game in Phoenix. Anyone else gonna travel west (or in Mark's case east) for that one? I'm also gonna make the pilgrammage to Cleveland twice this year.

Doug

HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

Assuming all works out with the "labor" deal, I will do 5-6 home games. I will wait for info from here on their plans, then pick and choose games with a nice spread.

I am also thinking about a road game. Been a while since i have done that other then Nashville.

I am thinking Indy might be a game I attend.

It looks like we will have at least one 4PM start since we have Seattle on the docket. The best I can recall is when teams from the west travel east, they get a 4PM start to equal out the time difference for them.

Sort of a hint that might make for a nice BB weekend/tailgate.

HagII and I will come out to Arizona this year, and loomforward to all coming into town. With that said. The Cleveland Browns and NFL can kiss my ass. This threat of a lock-out is a slap in the face. I just may tailgate through a few games this season.

Is that out to Arizona, or do you really mean Las Vegas with the 5hr drive to Arizona for the game, could be a fun Brownsboard outing to Las Vegas for that game againt Arizona. Do like few of the away games this year, would like to go to Arizona stadium, but not sure if could handle you dragging me round the bars hear you frequent in LV. B)

Is that out to Arizona, or do you really mean Las Vegas with the 5hr drive to Arizona for the game, could be a fun Brownsboard outing to Las Vegas for that game againt Arizona. Do like few of the away games this year, would like to go to Arizona stadium, but not sure if could handle you dragging me round the bars hear you frequent in LV. B)

No kidding....I think the Lizard was a gay bar....I know it was nice at one time, but really, when you go to take a leak and for the 2rd time the same guy is standing there at the urinal next to you commenting on your hat, you have to wonder.

I finally told him I was from Tennessee. I think it dawned on him maybe I wasn't wearing it to be stylish.

It was almost as if saying I was from Tennessee scared the guy, but I guess I understand. Tennessee has a rep for wild eyed, rough and rugged, redneck people, a little less likely to talk things out and a little closer to fighting it out.

It's coming up on that time of the year when the NFL releases the schedule. I wonder if they'll still go through with the annual schedule release show with the lockout hanging over our heads? Releasing a schedule that possibly may never happen. This MUST get resolved because fall without the Browns is no fall at all. In any case I think we'll probably get scheduled for a prime time game or two. I actually kinda enjoyed the all-Sunday afternoon schedule last season. Made things consistent and easy to work with for me. I have every intention of attending the game in Phoenix. Anyone else gonna travel west (or in Mark's case east) for that one? I'm also gonna make the pilgrammage to Cleveland twice this year.

Doug

I just hope we have games to come and see. When the schedule comes out me and the G-Man usually book within days, this year I guess we need to hang back a bit. Furns, we definitely need to hook up this year.

The fact that we are discussing it now is great, it means nearly 5 months of the dreaded 12 have passed!

I think the Lizard was a gay bar....

Any bar is a gay bar if you sit alone at the bar dressed like the cowboy from the Village People making goo goo eyes at the other men.

The rest of us were at a table with chicks ... I'm surprised you finally pulled yourself away from the bar enough to notice us back there.

Zombo

Any bar is a gay bar if you sit alone at the bar dressed like the cowboy from the Village People making goo goo eyes at the other men.

The rest of us were at a table with chicks ... I'm surprised you finally pulled yourself away from the bar enough to notice us back there.

Zombo

Well, at least, Zombo, the people at your table were dressed like chicks....who were waiting for you to play the Crying Game.

zombo.jpg

Zombo

LOL....ok.....but dude....it was a wool felt Fedora....you know, to stay warmer. ;)

It doesn't crush, naturally repels water, and does a great job of holding in the heat. You can make fun of it all you want, but I'll bet it did a better job for me than the windbreaker you wore did for you on a 19 degree evening.

I saw you shaking while we stood there to view the Winter Wonderland Stanley took us to see.

You're telling me those quivers weren't because you were freezing your ass off but because you got chills seeing such a magnificent sight??

LOL....ok.....but dude....it was a wool felt Fedora....you know, to stay warmer. ;)

It doesn't crush, naturally repels water, and does a great job of holding in the heat. You can make fun of it all you want, but I'll bet it did a better job for me than the windbreaker you wore did for you on a 19 degree evening.

I saw you shaking while we stood there to view the Winter Wonderland Stanley took us to see.

You're telling me those quivers weren't because you were freezing your ass off but because you got chills seeing such a magnificent sight??

I'm still trying to figure out why he had us go look at an empty baseball stadium filled with giant trash bags. Yes, I was cold ... next year I bring the Urban Sombrero.

Zombo

Hey, when is the Arizona game........I will not pay to go there buy I will go to Vegas and we can party..................on the strip etc

Hey, when is the Arizona game........I will not pay to go there buy I will go to Vegas and we can party..................on the strip etc

The schedule should be released in a couple of weeks if all holds true to previous years....

Browns play road games in San Francisco, Oakland, Arizona, Houston and Indy as well as the three AFC North opponents.

Ideally the 5 mentioned would be scheduled in like November or December giving the Browns and their fans good weather (or a dome in Indy) for their road trips....but that is not likely. The league has this policy now of putting division games at the end of the season, so it is probable that the Browns will be playing December road games in Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Cinci.

They will probably send the Browns to Arizona in September, when it is still 110 degrees out there. Yea, the game is in a dome, but to do anything else outside there would be insufferable that time of year.

My brother just moved to near Prescott AZ, which is about 80 miles NW of Phoenix. He says it is regularly 15-20 deg. cooler there than in the Phoenix Valley.

San Fran and Oakland any time in the fall would probably be pleasant. The humidity of Houston in September may be unbearable, but beginning in October or after it could be pleasant down there.

So, there is your weather forecast for those contemplating a Browns road trip.

Good point made on the division games being played later in the season.

It's why I target Indy. A reasonable drive, looks to have a nice downtown with plenty to do on Saturday night, and a dome, so I don't really care if it is 110 degrees, raining, or snowing.

Archived