THE BROWNS BOARD

Newton "cam-Shafted By Narwicki

The Gipper

Here are the comments made by Pro Football Weekly's writer Nolan Narwicki about Cam Newton:

Very disingenuous - has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law - does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room...Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness - is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

So, its not likely these two will be having dinner together anytime soon?

Here are the comments made by Pro Football Weekly's writer Nolan Narwicki about Cam Newton:

Very disingenuous - has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law - does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room...Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness - is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."

So, its not likely these two will be having dinner together anytime soon?

like i said, the guy reminds me of jamarcus all over again. you can be the best athlete in the world, but if you can't be coached, can't be ontime, can't be a leader, and can't stop thinking you're a demigod then you can't be successful in the nfl.

this guys has bust written basically on his forehead. shouldn't get touched till 3rd round or later in draft....but just you watch, some GM is dumb enough to take him in the first 15picks and they WILL regret it.

That is the problem with guys like this. You watch the film and see the workouts and see every capability in the world.

You then talk to the guy and look at some of his past dealings and you have to wonder how in the world he could ever make it.

If I was sitting in the twenties I might take a flyer on the guy, but not before.

It always hurts to look back a few years later and think you could have drafted that guy. It hurts more to be the one who drafted a guy who totally fails.

I was reading ESPN and his mentor (forget the guys name but was the first black QB who made it to the hall of fame) was saying those comments were based off racism. What horse shit. He was claiming that because he was talking about cam having a fake smile it was all based on racism because you don't talk about white QB's having a fake smile. I think everything that is being said about Cam is also being said about Mallet and was said about Moore last year.

Archived