THE BROWNS BOARD

Not so fast, Pioli.

Guest mz.

If Pioli is bringing Ferentz in, I'll take my chances with McKay.

In the Mangini ESPN article.

Lerner also received permission to interview Atlanta president Rich McKay. Falcons owner Arthur Blank granted the request as his team prepares for a wild-card game on Saturday.

"Rich has had some casual conversations -- I don't think with Randy, but with someone else in their organization -- but there have been no discussions on a face-to-face basis," Blank told the AP. "We think Rich is an important part of the success of the franchise. He's responsible for all the business side of our operations, helps [GM] Thomas [Dimitroff] tremendously with the salary cap and all of the [contract] negotiations, and he's responsible for helping us as we go on a journey for a new stadium and a whole variety of other things.

"We're hopeful Rich will stay in Atlanta and we certainly believe that, but on the other hand, we have to let the process take its course."

If Pioli is bringing Ferentz in, I'll take my chances with McKay.

In the Mangini ESPN article.

Pioli isn't bringing in Ferentz and McKay is plan B in case Pioli plays hard to get or is unreasonable in hispower requests.

Pioli isn't bringing in Ferentz and McKay is plan B in case Pioli plays hard to get or is unreasonable in his power requests.

Obviously, Kirk doesn't have the recruiting power of Ohio State, or USC but if you're gonna bring in a college guy, aim higher- way higher. Like Urban Meyer or Bob Stoops.

Archived