THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Draft From Real Rams Fans.com

Boston Ram

Hi Brown fans.

First off Im a Rams fan but come here for help. On our site www.realramsfans.com we are conducting our own mock draft. 32 members joined and were assigned a team. I was assigned the Cleveland Browns. We are 3 rounds in and wanted to share the results with you and get some help on picks 4-7 if we make it that far. Each team has 4 hours to make there pick between the hour of 8-6PM.

Well I just finished Clevelands 3rd round pick and thought I would share the results. Feel free to bash and critize and tell me what you would of done, Im very thick skinned....Im a Rams fan after all.

Round 1 Pick 6

Nick Fairley,DT, Auburn. My thoughts is he is good fit next to Rubin if you switch to a 4-3 and can play DE in a 3-4. Still not sure what Clevelands plans are here.

Round 2 Pick 37

Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland. I was a big fan of Robiske coming out of OSU, Smith's speed on the outside may open the middle for Robiske.

Round 3 Pick 70

Dontay Moch LB, Nevada. Probably the best pass rusher available at this spot. 4.4 40, tremendous upside. Sam Acho would of been the pick here but was taken by Arizona. Lance Kendrick and Danny Watkins were considered here also. Watkins has great value here but I thought I read one of the guard spots was going to be given to a young guy. With Watson and Royal at TE already I thought Moch had too much value here.

Moving forward Im looking to add to the offense give McCoy some additional weapons. A third down weapon to spell Hillis some upside WR's maybe.

Your thoughts??? Let em rip! Hope I did good by you all.

I love these picks. Fairly next to Rubin makes my mouth water. Torrey Smith should work out perfectly well in a WCO. A Speed upgrade at LB is essential for this team, so the Nevada kid is perfect.

A+ in my book.

Zombo

Thanks, I had considered Julio Jones, but Fairley to me is too good to pass up at that spot. Plus I think Rubin will keep him in line. Fairley and Rubin is scary.

Thanks, I had considered Julio Jones, but Fairley to me is too good to pass up at that spot. Plus I think Rubin will keep him in line. Fairley and Rubin is scary.

Hmmm I probably wouldn't have chose Fairley, but then again it depends on what the first 5 picks were in your mock. And if any QBs came off the board then no way I choose Fairley.

Hmmm I probably wouldn't have chose Fairley, but then again it depends on what the first 5 picks were in your mock. And if any QBs came off the board then no way I choose Fairley.

Here is your top ten

#1. Carolina Panthers- FinalDrive

DT Marcell Dareus (Alabama)

#2. Denver Broncos- Ramzee

CB Patrick Peterson (LSU)

#3 Buffalo Bills- SuperBowl XXXIV Champions

LB Von Miller (Texas A&M)

#4. Cincinnati Bengals- dontcare

WR A.J. Green (Georgia)

#5. Arizona Cardinals- U GotRam Right

QB Blaine Gabbert (Missouri)

#6. Cleveland Browns- Boston Ram

DT Nick Fairley (Auburn)

#7. San Francisco 49ers- jetplt67

CB Prince Amukamara (Nebraska)

#8. Tennessee Titans- cozmo

DE Da'Quan Bowers (Clemson)

#9. Dallas Cowboys- ZigZagRam

OT Tyron Smith (USC)

#10. Washington Redskins- howski3318

QB Cam Newton (Auburn)

Hi Brown fans.

First off Im a Rams fan but come here for help. On our site www.realramsfans.com we are conducting our own mock draft. 32 members joined and were assigned a team. I was assigned the Cleveland Browns. We are 3 rounds in and wanted to share the results with you and get some help on picks 4-7 if we make it that far. Each team has 4 hours to make there pick between the hour of 8-6PM.

Well I just finished Clevelands 3rd round pick and thought I would share the results. Feel free to bash and critize and tell me what you would of done, Im very thick skinned....Im a Rams fan after all.

Round 1 Pick 6

Nick Fairley,DT, Auburn. My thoughts is he is good fit next to Rubin if you switch to a 4-3 and can play DE in a 3-4. Still not sure what Clevelands plans are here.

Round 2 Pick 37

Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland. I was a big fan of Robiske coming out of OSU, Smith's speed on the outside may open the middle for Robiske.

Round 3 Pick 70

Dontay Moch LB, Nevada. Probably the best pass rusher available at this spot. 4.4 40, tremendous upside. Sam Acho would of been the pick here but was taken by Arizona. Lance Kendrick and Danny Watkins were considered here also. Watkins has great value here but I thought I read one of the guard spots was going to be given to a young guy. With Watson and Royal at TE already I thought Moch had too much value here.

Moving forward Im looking to add to the offense give McCoy some additional weapons. A third down weapon to spell Hillis some upside WR's maybe.

Your thoughts??? Let em rip! Hope I did good by you all.

Royal was released after the season so the two TE's are Watson and Moore. I don't think we will take a TE at all unless it is a late round guy, probably the FB/TE dude coming out of N. Carolina. Make sure you have us taking a DE or two, cause we don't have any. I do like your first 3 picks though. I would go 4th: DE, 5th: OT 6th, 1:RB 6th, 2: DE or WR and 7th: FB, TE, WR, Speed.

I like the draft Fairley just scares me as his charcter issues and i think once he gets his paycheck he might not be the same player but you never know...

id go

1st.AJ Green

2nd.Stephen Paea

3rd.Sam Acho/Allen Bailey

4th.Marcus Gilbert

5th.Jacquizz Rodgers

6th.Greg Mcelory

7th.Best Kicker Avaiable

Royal was released after the season so the two TE's are Watson and Moore. I don't think we will take a TE at all unless it is a late round guy, probably the FB/TE dude coming out of N. Carolina. Make sure you have us taking a DE or two, cause we don't have any. I do like your first 3 picks though. I would go 4th: DE, 5th: OT 6th, 1:RB 6th, 2: DE or WR and 7th: FB, TE, WR, Speed.

I am looking DE in the 4th, Greg Romeus from Pittsburgh should be available. Im struggling to figure out what defense the Browns are going to play next year, I have heard they are switching to a 4-3. Thats why Fairley made so much sense, he can play in both IMO. I think Moch could also play in both DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. Romeus is a strict 4-3 DE so he wont make much sense if Cleveland stays in a 3-4. Please let me know your thoughts on next years defensive alignment.

I like the draft Fairley just scares me as his charcter issues and i think once he gets his paycheck he might not be the same player but you never know...

id go

1st.AJ Green

2nd.Stephen Paea

3rd.Jerrel Jernigan

4th.Marcus Gilbert

5th.Jacquizz Rodgers

6th.Greg Mcelory

7th. Best Kicker Avaiable

Green was gone so Fairley was next. Paea would of been the pick in round 2 and Greg Little in round 3 but Paea was gone to Denver in the 2nd so I though Smith had some value at 37 and Colt needs a playmaker. I like Rodgers a lot also and would be a nice pick in the 5th. There is kind of glut of players like him from round 3-6 so it will be BPA. If Todman from UConn is available in the 4th or Daniel Thomas of K State, they will be tough to pass up in the 4th. I dont see either getting to Cleveland there so RB could be a target in the 5th. Also I love DeAndre Brown WR out of Southern Mississippi in the 6th or 7th.

I am looking DE in the 4th, Greg Romeus from Pittsburgh should be available. Im struggling to figure out what defense the Browns are going to play next year, I have heard they are switching to a 4-3. Thats why Fairley made so much sense, he can play in both IMO. I think Moch could also play in both DE in a 4-3 and OLB in a 3-4. Romeus is a strict 4-3 DE so he wont make much sense if Cleveland stays in a 3-4. Please let me know your thoughts on next years defensive alignment.

We will be in a 4-3 next year, Jauron likes to play a sort of Cover 2

Green was gone so Fairley was next. Paea would of been the pick in round 2 and Greg Little in round 3 but Paea was gone to Denver in the 2nd so I though Smith had some value at 37 and Colt needs a playmaker. I like Rodgers a lot also and would be a nice pick in the 5th. There is kind of glut of players like him from round 3-6 so it will be BPA. If Todman from UConn is available in the 4th or Daniel Thomas of K State, they will be tough to pass up in the 4th. I dont see either getting to Cleveland there so RB could be a target in the 5th. Also I love DeAndre Brown WR out of Southern Mississippi in the 6th or 7th.

Sorry i just saw your draft yeah i see it hard that no QBs go in the top 5 in which case i believe Cleveland will trade outta the 6th pick to Minnesota or anyone who wants Gabbert or Newton

In your draft id take Fairley as well

No problem heres to Julio Jones falling to you guys B)

I wish lol. I dont see it happening. He is too good IMO. I will explain more tomorrow on why I dont think he will get to 14, got to go home to the wife and kids now. I really do hope Shurm does a good job for you guys as your head coach. He took a lot heat in StL but I think he did the right thing in developing Bradford and will do the same with McCoy. I think you guys will be in good hands, try to ignore the negative crap you may have heard.

Look forward to more chatter tomorrow.

Bullshit. Fairley is over rated and a bust. Plus, he has character issues. We need players with experience, not one season under their belt. The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

Take Jones or Peterson.

Bullshit. Fairley is over rated and a bust. Plus, he has character issues. We need players with experience, not one season under their belt. The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

Can anyone show me The Walrus' draft history and the players he selected. And how LONG they played in college? Yep.

Take Jones or Peterson.

Peterson was gone and Jones was a option but I thought there was too much value with Fairley and fit a need and positioned next to Rubin could be pretty impressive. I would have to disagree on the overated part, he dominated in the SEC. When you watch him you see a distruptive force who dominates one on one and stuffs double teams. He makes players around him better. Im not sure what you are refering to when you say character issues. Are you talking about being a dirty player? Quite frankly that has been overblown somewhat, there are a couple of cheap shots but by in large there are more football plays there. Would you like to have James Harrison on your team? He is considered dirty but would love to see him playing for the Rams. Outside of that he has not character concerns, he has never been arrested, suspended, what exactly are the character concerns your worried about?

Agreed i like Jones or Peterson, and then Paea in the 2nd or Marvin Austin and if we decide to Go DE in the 2nd then Drake Nevis in the 3rd

Paea, would of been my selection in round 2 but was taken by Denver, Smith was my second option in round 2. Again Peterson was gone in round 1.

Take Jones or Peterson.

Another note about Fairley being a dirty player, Tom Hackert publically supported Fairley

Nick Fairley: The Auburn tackle (6-4, 298) won the Lombardi Trophy as the nation's best lineman. He led the SEC with 24 tackles for a loss and had 11.5 sacks. MVP of the 2010 BCS Title Game, he had five tackles, 3.5 for a loss, 1.5 sacks, and a forced fumble.

Mayock has him ranked behind Dareus, and several mocks, including Pro Football Weekly's, have the Browns taking him. But Fairley has a reputation as a dirty player, with late-hit penalties and some spearing.

Heckert disputed the reputation.

"No, not at all," he said. "He's a tough player. I guess there's a fine line. It's not after the whistle stuff. I think it's more toughness than being a dirty player."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/02/cleveland_browns_gm_tom_hecker_5.html

The Walrus rarely takes gambles (Koren Robinson is the exception).

Take Jones or Peterson.

Hard to tell since its a small window, was fired as GM after 2002. I dont think this gives you much of a sample. Not sure this supports your arguement, King was a risk along with Robinson and Stevens had character concerns coming out. All first round picks.

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/2009/12/holmgrens-draft-history/

First round: 22 (22) Lamar King, DE Saginaw Valley State

Round three: 16 (77 overall) Brock Huard, QB Washington

Round Three: 21 (82) Karsten Bailey, WR Auburn

Round four: 20 (115) Antonio Cochran, DE Georgia

Round five: 7 (140) Floyd Wedderburn, T Penn State

Round Five: 19 (152) Charlie Rogers, WR Georgia Tech

Round Six: 1 (170) Steve Johnson, DB Tennessee

First Round: 19 (19) Shaun Alexander, RB Alabama

First Round: 22 (22) Chris McIntosh, T Wisconsin

Second Round: 21 (52) Ike Charlton, DB Virginia Tech

Third Round: 18 (80) Darrell Jackson, WR Florida

Fourth round: 22 (116) Marcus Bell, LB Arizona

Fourth round: 25 (119) Isiah Kacyvenski, LB Harvard

Sixth Round: 9 (175) James Williams, WR Marshall

Sixth round: 19 (185) Tim Watson, DT Rowan

Sixth round: 24 (190) John Hilliard, DT Mississippi State

First Round: 9. (from San Francisco), Koren Robinson – WR North Carolina State

First round: 17. (from Green Bay) – Steve Hutchinson, G Michigan

Second Round: 40. Ken Lucas – DB Ole Miss

Third round: 82. (from NO through GB and San Fran) Heath Evans – FB Auburn

Fourth Round: 104. Orlando Huff – LB Fresno State

Fourth Round: 127. (compensatory pick) Curtis Fuller – S Texas Christian

Fourth round: 128. (compensatory pick) Floyd Womack – OT Mississippi State

Fifth Round: 140. Alex Bannister – WR Eastern Kentucky

Sixth round: 172. Josh Booty – QB Louisiana State

Seventh Round: 210. Harold Blackmon – CB Northwestern

Seventh Round: 222. (from StL via GB and San Fran) Dennis Norman – OT Princeton

Seventh Round: 237. (compensatory) Kris Kocurek – DT Texas Tech

First Round: 28 (from Green Bay). Jerramy Stevens – TE, Washington

Second Round: 22. (54) Maurice Morris – RB, Oregon

Second Round: 28. (60) (From Green Bay) Anton Palepoi – DE, Nevada Las Vegas

Third Round: 20. (85) Kris Richard – CB, USC

Fourth Round: 22 (120) Terreal Bierria – S, Goergia

Fifth Round: 11 (146) (From Indy) Rocky Bernard – DE, Texas

Fifth Round: 34 (169) (Compensatory) Ryan Hannam – TE, Northern Iowa

Fifth Round: 36 (171) (Compensatory) Matt Hill – OT, Boise State

Sixth Round: 22 (194) Craig Jarrett – P, Michigan State

Seventh Round: 21 (232) Jeff Kelly – QB, Southern Miss

Hard to tell since its a small window, was fired as GM after 2002. I dont think this gives you much of a sample. Not sure this supports your arguement, King was a risk along with Robinson and Stevens had character concerns coming out. All first round picks.

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/2009/12/holmgrens-draft-history/

First round: 22 (22) Lamar King, DE Saginaw Valley State

Round three: 16 (77 overall) Brock Huard, QB Washington

Round Three: 21 (82) Karsten Bailey, WR Auburn

Round four: 20 (115) Antonio Cochran, DE Georgia

Round five: 7 (140) Floyd Wedderburn, T Penn State

Round Five: 19 (152) Charlie Rogers, WR Georgia Tech

Round Six: 1 (170) Steve Johnson, DB Tennessee

First Round: 19 (19) Shaun Alexander, RB Alabama

First Round: 22 (22) Chris McIntosh, T Wisconsin

Second Round: 21 (52) Ike Charlton, DB Virginia Tech

Third Round: 18 (80) Darrell Jackson, WR Florida

Fourth round: 22 (116) Marcus Bell, LB Arizona

Fourth round: 25 (119) Isiah Kacyvenski, LB Harvard

Sixth Round: 9 (175) James Williams, WR Marshall

Sixth round: 19 (185) Tim Watson, DT Rowan

Sixth round: 24 (190) John Hilliard, DT Mississippi State

First Round: 9. (from San Francisco), Koren Robinson – WR North Carolina State

First round: 17. (from Green Bay) – Steve Hutchinson, G Michigan

Second Round: 40. Ken Lucas – DB Ole Miss

Third round: 82. (from NO through GB and San Fran) Heath Evans – FB Auburn

Fourth Round: 104. Orlando Huff – LB Fresno State

Fourth Round: 127. (compensatory pick) Curtis Fuller – S Texas Christian

Fourth round: 128. (compensatory pick) Floyd Womack – OT Mississippi State

Fifth Round: 140. Alex Bannister – WR Eastern Kentucky

Sixth round: 172. Josh Booty – QB Louisiana State

Seventh Round: 210. Harold Blackmon – CB Northwestern

Seventh Round: 222. (from StL via GB and San Fran) Dennis Norman – OT Princeton

Seventh Round: 237. (compensatory) Kris Kocurek – DT Texas Tech

First Round: 28 (from Green Bay). Jerramy Stevens – TE, Washington

Second Round: 22. (54) Maurice Morris – RB, Oregon

Second Round: 28. (60) (From Green Bay) Anton Palepoi – DE, Nevada Las Vegas

Third Round: 20. (85) Kris Richard – CB, USC

Fourth Round: 22 (120) Terreal Bierria – S, Goergia

Fifth Round: 11 (146) (From Indy) Rocky Bernard – DE, Texas

Fifth Round: 34 (169) (Compensatory) Ryan Hannam – TE, Northern Iowa

Fifth Round: 36 (171) (Compensatory) Matt Hill – OT, Boise State

Sixth Round: 22 (194) Craig Jarrett – P, Michigan State

Seventh Round: 21 (232) Jeff Kelly – QB, Southern Miss

I guess its a good thing we got Heckert calling the shots and not the Walrus with that resume only thing i see is Shaun Alexander and Steve Hutchison

I dont think Fairley will be the selection,i think this is the way the Browns board will look after Clemson and UNCs pro day...Bowers has fallen almost mid round 1 and Quinn had a tremendous pro day..

1a.Peterson

1b.Green

1c.Miller

1d.Dareus

I think all four of these guys have about an equal grade with the exception of Peterson slightly higher,one shall fall given two QBs go top 5 which one will determine who we select

2.Quinn

After running a 4.59 at his pro day and looking great in drills he soldified himself in the top 10,Also only 20 years old still has tons of upside

2b.Fairley

Great Tape this year not so great the year before,destroyed SEC competetion people wonder why only for one year,people question his work ethic and his motovation..Also DT is deeper in the second round as oppossed to DE..Paea,Austin,Nevis

3.Bowers

After failing to make it through all his drills at his Pro day and becoming Fatigued his stock has drop signigicatly,Favored his hurt knee alot while runing his drills..and ran a 4.89

I guess its a good thing we got Heckert calling the shots and not the Walrus with that resume only thing i see is Shaun Alexander and Steve Hutchison

Agree on Heckert, I will give him Ken Lucas too, that was a good pick and Heath Evans atleast has had a long career.

I dont think Fairley will be the selection,i think this is the way the Browns board will look after Clemson and UNCs pro day...Bowers has fallen almost mid round 1 and Quinn had a tremendous pro day..

1a.Peterson

1b.Green

1c.Miller

1d.Dareus

I think all four of these guys have about an equal grade with the exception of Peterson slightly higher,one shall fall given two QBs go top 5 which one will determine who we select

2.Quinn

After running a 4.59 at his pro day and looking great in drills he soldified himself in the top 10,Also only 20 years old still has tons of upside

2b.Fairley

Great Tape this year not so great the year before,destroyed SEC competetion people wonder why only for one year,people question his work ethic and his motovation..Also DT is deeper in the second round as oppossed to DE..Paea,Austin,Nevis

3.Bowers

After failing to make it through all his drills at his Pro day and becoming Fatigued his stock has drop signigicatly,Favored his hurt knee alot while runing his drills..and ran a 4.89

Agree with you on all accounts. Your 1A,B,C,D, Im guessing will be gone. Here is why, I think Carolina goes Darius, Peterson or Miller. They just drafted Clausen. They wanted Luck. Are they really going to roll the dice with Newton? He has trouble reading defenses, runs even when receivers are open. His game is very immature for the NFL and could not step in and start. Give Clausen the ball see what you got and if he sucks you get Luck next year. Denver probably grabs the best player in the draft in Peterson, Buffalo is happy with Fitzgerald and fits Gaily offense fine. Von Miller, is my guess. Cinny is the wild card here. Do they go Green or draft one of the fraud QB's? Arizona has already been public about trying to bring Bulger or some veteran in. Whisenhurst is in the final year of a contract and is not going to hand the keys to a rook. I dont have a good feel on what Arizona is going to do. Maybe Fairley, Quinn even Green could be a posability.

The only chance to get one of your 1's is for a QB to go early. My bold prediction lol is maybe 1 QB goes top ten. Here is why.

Newton: Raw, does not read defenses well. Takes off from pocket even with open receivers and character concerns.

Gabbert: Ran same offense as Chase Daniels yet was out performed by Chase Daniels.

Locker: Never had a completion percentage above 60%, much like Newton, leaves the pocket with open receievers downfield, has improved on this but still needs to read defense better. Better baseball player than football player IMO.

I hope Im wrong on the QB's as the more that get picked before the Rams the better our chance to get Julio Jones, so Im hoping Im wrong but I think you are going to see some QB's fall hard this year.

I Agree that im not sold on any of the QBs in this years class aside from maybe Dalton but thats not to say one of the top 5 teams isnt,everything ive read has signs that QBs are going to go higher this year because of the Lockout and uncertainty about Free Agency which means its harder to acquire a QB..Ive heard rumors of Minnesota and Tennessee both trying to trade up to grab one

Archived