THE BROWNS BOARD

Late Round Rb

Nw220

Im asumming the Browns will probaly grab a RB somewhere in this draft, they worked out Shane Vereen today who looks pretty impressive ran a 4.49 at the Combine also put up 31 bench reps..Was Named Second team All Pac 10 avergaing 5.1 yards a carry but the greatest assest he brings to the table is hes never been injured in his 3 year college career and filled in for Javid Best when he got hurt...Only downfall is hes projected in the 2nd or 3rd round at latest and i feel we have way bigger needs then to grab a RB that early.

Shane Vereen Works out for Cleveland Browns

Which brings me to my favorite choice Dion Lewis from Pitt,this kid is a flat out a stud and to me is gonna be a sleeper in the draft and then have a great NFL Career. I think he fits perfectly to Hillis style and would be a great addition to the Browns,Behind that big Browns offense line i think he would really be able to do big things...I remember watching a Pitt game which Matt Millen was calling and he said hes the closet thing hes ever seen to Barry Sanders and then said thats the highest Compliment i could ever give any player

Dion Lewis Highlights

So who would you like the Browns to take in the later Rounds at RB??

2009 Big East player of the year 1,799 yards as a true freshman and 17 touchdowns..

Broke all of Tony Dorsett's records at Pitt

Hardesty spin is unbelievable and i would agrue that Lewis may be even better ive seen him make 3 guys miss with three consecutive spin moves i just cant find the video on youtube

Heres a couple more Videos you have to watch on him hes incredible and he will be around possibly in round 5 to me hes a steal and hes a perfect compelent to Hillis

He ran a 4.49 at his Pro Day but you will see he will not be caught from behind

Irreplaceable Dion Lewis

Anybody else like any of the late Round RBs in this years class...

Im a big fan of Dion Lewis and also like Jacquizz Rodgers

Who would you guys like to see the Browns take as a late round RB?

The Steelers I believe are targeting Lewis and Rodgers for that matter. I'll have to check the official visit list. Both are very solid.

The Steelers I believe are targeting Lewis and Rodgers for that matter. I'll have to check the official visit list. Both are very solid.

Didnt you guys take Jonathan Dwyer last year as well??

Hows he working out for you???

And id personally hate for ethier Lewis or Rodgers to go to Pittsburgh

I like Kendall Hunter and Demarco Murry in rounds 3-4. Later round guys, Derrick Locke, great speed, elusive and catches like a WR, could be split out. Da'Rel Scott could be a nice homerun hitter I'd be intrigued with in later rounds. If we could come away with Locke or Scott after the 4th round I'd be ecstatic.

I've been on the DeMarco Murray bandwagon for some time now. He's a Sooner back so I definitely trust the program and the runningbacks the produce.

I see some Reggie Bush in him with his pass catching and ability to find screens after the catch. He's really elusive and has some great speed. He'd be great behind Peyton Hillis's bruising style as well as Hardesty (not sure how he'll pan out yet).

If Murray falls to the 4th-5th round, I wouldn't mind us grabbing him.

Im not to high on Demacro Murray i love his big play ability but almost every year at one point or another he sustained an injury..And with Hardesty already having that issue i would shy away from him, even though i love his big play ability..

Ive already previously stated who i like and Dion Lewis could be had in the 6th round most likely..Jaquizz Rodgers is a 4th rounder

Didnt you guys take Jonathan Dwyer last year as well??

Hows he working out for you???

And id personally hate for ethier Lewis or Rodgers to go to Pittsburgh

He didn't see much of the field for whatever reason but when he did he looked solid. I think if Pittsburgh is looking at Lewis or Rodgers it's more of a shifty type. I'd guess they'll keep Moore for another season, maybe longer but they'd need a 3rd down back type. We'll see how Dwyer does but with the further emergence of Redman he sorta went to the back burner. I'd guess this training camp if we're lucky enough to get through this lock out BS will be more telling.

Im not to high on Demacro Murray i love his big play ability but almost every year at one point or another he sustained an injury..And with Hardesty already having that issue i would shy away from him, even though i love his big play ability..

Ive already previously stated who i like and Dion Lewis could be had in the 6th round most likely..Jaquizz Rodgers is a 4th rounder

He does have some injury issues seeing as how he's an upright-runner, but he's the better player in comparison to Rodgers and Lewis.

Much better chance to be a solid 3rd down back.

Anybody else like any of the late Round RBs in this years class...

Im a big fan of Dion Lewis and also like Jacquizz Rodgers

Do they give this guy a nickname by just shortening his name to Jizz?

Who would you guys like to see the Browns take as a late round RB?

How about John Clay, RB from Wisconsin. Or is rated higher than I suspect?I heard he had some really poor workouts, but he also produced on game day.

He is actually expected to go very late 7th or not get drafted. His 40 was something like 4.7-4.8. He could be a short yardage back, or change to FB maybe, but he has a lot of health concerns as well. Plus we are looking for a small fast guy, not a slower than Hillis power guy.

OK, you want the second coming of Eric Metcalf...except in the later rounds.

Or how about this guy who I found. (maybe someone else already mentioned him): Taiwan Jones of Eastern Washington:

Im asumming the Browns will probaly grab a RB somewhere in this draft, they worked out Shane Vereen today who looks pretty impressive ran a 4.49 at the Combine also put up 31 bench reps..Was Named Second team All Pac 10 avergaing 5.1 yards a carry but the greatest assest he brings to the table is hes never been injured in his 3 year college career and filled in for Javid Best when he got hurt...Only downfall is hes projected in the 2nd or 3rd round at latest and i feel we have way bigger needs then to grab a RB that early.

Shane Vereen Works out for Cleveland Browns

Which brings me to my favorite choice Dion Lewis from Pitt,this kid is a flat out a stud and to me is gonna be a sleeper in the draft and then have a great NFL Career. I think he fits perfectly to Hillis style and would be a great addition to the Browns,Behind that big Browns offense line i think he would really be able to do big things...I remember watching a Pitt game which Matt Millen was calling and he said hes the closet thing hes ever seen to Barry Sanders and then said thats the highest Compliment i could ever give any player

Dion Lewis Highlights

So who would you like the Browns to take in the later Rounds at RB??

Hillis will be done in two years at best................then we have no running backs..............A HIGHEST priority is to get a feature running back............got it here first.......after a premier WR

Yeah right Steeler Troll, Theres no way to predict what kind of career Hillis will have its impossible..

With Hillis we need a change of pace RB that i would say is quick and fast, I like alot of the choices ive seen and wouldnt disagree with alot of them...I still like Lewis in Rd 6 as a steal

Hillis will be done in two years at best................then we have no running backs..............A HIGHEST priority is to get a feature running back............got it here first.......after a premier WR

Why do people spout this mindless drivel as if it were gospel? No one knows how long a career Hillis will have. Plenty of "Power" runners have had long productive careers.

Was Jerome Bettis done after 2 years? Hell no. Mike Alstott whom Hillis has been most compared to? Sure, running backs can take a lot of pounding...but many of them, like Hillis, administer a lot of pounding. Hillis COULD go on for another 8 years. Or he may be done after one more year if injuries get him.

Its all a matter of luck somewhat....not gospel.

Archived