THE BROWNS BOARD

My Buddy Lives In Dayton

manbearpig

He can't get em on tv or the radio... any suggestions? He said he had to pay $15 last year to listen to them on the internet. I guess MLB blocks em outta stations web radios. He is the biggest Indians fan I know and I think it's stupid that he can't watch or listen to the games in Dayton Ohio! Any help is appreciated!

You lose 1100 between cbus and dayton. I'm living in Dayton. I only remember this because I was listening to a Browns game on AM while I was on my way back to school, and had to switch it to an Indy station to get the end of it.

AM radio travels a long distance, but it competes with another station at that distance and begins to lose.

Greetings,

The Indians's lost their radio affiliate in Columbus due to that station broadcasting OSU baseball.

I read a story on Cleveland.com over the weekend, the Indians are offering access to Tribe games at no charge for people around Columbus.

I would call the Indians.

good luck

He can't get em on tv or the radio... any suggestions? He said he had to pay $15 last year to listen to them on the internet. I guess MLB blocks em outta stations web radios. He is the biggest Indians fan I know and I think it's stupid that he can't watch or listen to the games in Dayton Ohio! Any help is appreciated!

That sucks, MBP. Thankfully, there are options though they do cost a bit of money. I don't know exactly what it costs for the audio feed only, but an account at MLB.com should give you access to some audio and video. After subscribing to Extra Innings on DirecTV for the last several years, I passed on it this year and follow the games through MLB.TV. There's a cost for an app ($15 for the iPad) and subscription (~ $100) for the season and the quality of picture is fantastic. I also subscribe to XM/Sirius to listen to the games in the car and know they have deals throughout the year.

The best bet may be going with that $15 thing he had last year, though I don't where to get it. Unfortunately, MLB has been cracking down on all of their media, be it youtube or over-the-air broadcasts. Hope he finds something suitable.

Beanpot

Archived