THE BROWNS BOARD

Forget Nick Fairley Already

calfoxwc

Sure, somebody will draft him. But it will be a team that can afford to make a huge mistake in the first round.

The Browns can't afford the risk, that would be stupid.

I'd draft Cameron Jordan at six, before I'd draft Fairley.

Teams looking at physical promise, and ignore heart and character, lose out way too often.

Adam Schefter reported on ESPN's Sports Center Wednesday that Auburn DT Nick Fairley missed his flight to the Combine, missed a team meeting there, and was late for a team interview at his Pro Day.

Now the "red flag" picture is coming into sharper focus. Fairley was forced to go the junior college route entering college, had just one dominant season at Auburn, and has faced criticism for taking plays off. While he possesses the talent to go No. 1 overall, Fairley's commitment issues leave him as one of the biggest wildcards in the top half of the draft.

Sure, somebody will draft him. But it will be a team that can afford to make a huge mistake in the first round.

The Browns can't afford the risk, that would be stupid.

I'd draft Cameron Jordan at six, before I'd draft Fairley.

Teams looking at physical promise, and ignore heart and character, lose out way too often.

Adam Schefter reported on ESPN's Sports Center Wednesday that Auburn DT Nick Fairley missed his flight to the Combine, missed a team meeting there, and was late for a team interview at his Pro Day.

Now the "red flag" picture is coming into sharper focus. Fairley was forced to go the junior college route entering college, had just one dominant season at Auburn, and has faced criticism for taking plays off. While he possesses the talent to go No. 1 overall, Fairley's commitment issues leave him as one of the biggest wildcards in the top half of the draft.

This you say:

avery-red_flag.jpg

At this point I really don't care because I know Heckert and Holmgren are only going to bring someone in if they know that person is going to give 100% effort. They might have character flaws, but there effort will be there. If they don't think Fairley is going to give 100% all the time he won't be drafted by the Browns.

At this point I really don't care because I know Heckert and Holmgren are only going to bring someone in if they know that person is going to give 100% effort. They might have character flaws, but there effort will be there. If they don't think Fairley is going to give 100% all the time he won't be drafted by the Browns.

Completely agree.

In the end, there's nothing we can do, but like (or dislike) the pick. Character issues don't phase me unless it's something extreme. Besides, who won the championship vs. Oregon? It wasn't Cam Newton.

Albert Hanyesworth also won alot of games for Tennessee but how'd that work out for the Redskins after he got a big check? You gotta know who is committed to winning and not just relying on pure skill because at the next level you cant get by like you did in college without a hard work ethic

Albert Hanyesworth also won alot of games for Tennessee but how'd that work out for the Redskins after he got a big check? You gotta know who is committed to winning and not just relying on pure skill because at the next level you cant get by like you did in college without a hard work ethic

In Haynesworth's defense, he was dominant for 7-8 years. An absolute stud.

Most DTs aren't even good for 7-8 years.

Yeah, I don't mind Fairley. You're putting too much into his character issues.

In Haynesworth's defense.....

there is no defense for that 320lb douche bag.

Archived