THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday Holy Week

The Gipper

Here is this week's survey:

1. The NBA playoffs began this past weekend. Who do you WANT to win? Who do you think WILL win?

2. The NHL playoffs began this past week. Who do you WANT to win? Who do you think WILL win?

3. The Indians surprisingly have like the best record in the AL. Do you think they can keep it up and compete for a playoff spot?

4. Who would you like to see the Browns (or your particular favorite team if not Browns as I know we have some Bengals and Steeler fans here) take in the first round of the draft?

5. Do you have plans for a summer vacation? If so, where?

Bonus: Any special plans for Easter?

1. The NBA playoffs began this past weekend. Who do you WANT to win? Who do you think WILL win?

Here is the #%&**&^ bitch of it: There are 16 teams in the NBA playoffs and I wouldn't mind any of them winning except these 5 teams: Lakers, Celtics, Heat, Bulls, Spurs.

However, in my opinion I believe the NBA will guarantee that one of those 5 WILL win it. The NBA stupidly thinks that it cannot be a successful league without the Lakers and Celtics vying for the title. It is Bollix of course.

2. The NHL playoffs began this past week. Who do you WANT to win? Who do you think WILL win?

Vancouver has not won a Stanley Cup since 1915, so I want the Canucks to win. Also, they have been the best team all year and I think they will win.

3. The Indians surprisingly have like the best record in the AL. Do you think they can keep it up and compete for a playoff spot?

Given that the rest of the AL Central is not all that and a bag of chips, and that the Red Sox suck swamp water, it is highly possible the Tribe could stay in this race for some time. Yes, I think they will make a go at it.

4. Who would you like to see the Browns (or your particular favorite team if not Browns as I know we have some Bengals and Steeler fans here) take in the first round of the draft?

My preference, I think would be for Marcel Dareus....if he were still available. But that is not likely. Then I wouldn't mind Green or Fairly. Give the Browns troubles with their first round draft picks since 1999, I just take anyone that can do the job. (though for 3 years running I think the Browns have done well with J.T., Mack and Haden)

I was planning on a OUter Banks vacation, but because of conflicts I think that is likely to change. I have to take my son up to Ithaca NY so instead we may just do some days in the Catskills or Poconos. I have traveled all around this country, but I have never gone there.

Plus I have a wedding in Philadelphia later this summer.

Bonus: Any special plans for Easter? Well, I don't do "church", though I might go to a sisters for dinner. Lets just say that I will have to wait for my wife to tell me what my plans are. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

#1. the heat. the heat. king james about to get his championship.

#2. the Pens. if they make it out of 1st round and get crosby and cooke back then the Pens.....if they don't then Philly.

#3. who cares......baseball sucks, and no i don't just say that because our pirates have been abysmal for 18yrs, but because the "sport" (very loose use of the term) sucks. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#4. the browns? peterson if he's there, if not then a DL or LB. for my team the Steelers? would love to get the pair of pouncy's but if that dosen't happen then BPA at any position except QB, LB, or C.

#5. plans? except hopefully going to training camp to see my Steelers? i'm gonna be a first time father so no vacations this year.

1. I want okc or chicago to win it. I think the lakers will win it all.

2. I hope the canadiens win but I think vancouver will finally take the cup.

3. Hell yeah the indians can push for a spot in the playoffs.

4. Anyone of the top tier dlinemen.

5. Visiting some family in louisville and studying all weekend.

1) OKC,any team but the Cheat- and Galfreets, the Cheat have no center, their point guard play is sub par and they will not get out of the East. Will win? Bulls

2) Don't care

3) No, and don't care- until baseball has a hard cap & floor, count me disinterested.

4) AJ Green, or BPA on defense.

5) Nope, wedding in beautiful Painsville in August- so lots of riding on the towpath that week.

Easter? Church & Honeybaked ham after.

#1. the heat. the heat. king james about to get his championship.

Of course, if he gets one, it won't be HIM getting it. It will be D Wade. He has already essentially admitted that he cannot get one being the lead dog. He can only get one being the sidekick. He is essentially Gabby Hayes to Wade's Roy Rogers. Pancho to Wade's Cisco. Tonto to Wade's Lone Ranger. Barney Fife to Wade's Andy Taylor. Watson to Wade's Holmes. Sam to Wade's Frodo. Donkey to Wade's Shrek. Ed McMahon to Wade's Johnny Carson. Robin to Wade's Batman.

#2. the Pens. if they make it out of 1st round and get crosby and cooke back then the Pens.....if they don't then Philly.

#3. who cares......baseball sucks, and no i don't just say that because our pirates have been abysmal for 18yrs, but because the "sport" (very loose use of the term) sucks. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

#4. the browns? peterson if he's there, if not then a DL or LB. for my team the Steelers? would love to get the pair of pouncy's but if that dosen't happen then BPA at any position except QB, LB, or C.

#5. plans? except hopefully going to training camp to see my Steelers? i'm gonna be a first time father so no vacations this year.

Been there, done that, years ago.

PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS! But realistically, the Bulls will win.

I could care less. Anyone but the Penguins.

They dont have "like" the best record in the AL. They HAVE the best record in the AL. And yes, if our pitching stays this well.

Browns need to take a WR, either AJ Green or Julio Jones.

Annual trip to the Outer Banks, NC.

Eating lots of candy and drinking lots of beer.

OKC / Los Angeles

Buffalo / Vancouver

At the beginning of the season I didn't think they had the starting pitching to compete but all of their young starters have been great. They hit pretty well, play good defense, have good starting pitching, and have a great bullpen. Sure thay can compete.

My preference is Fairley, but I would be very happy with Dareus, Green, or Peterson as well.

Nope

Church, Family, and a feast.

Which part of this is Holy Week??????????? when most of the worlds people think otherwise......just food for thought...........something America has been lacking a long time though!

Riding the Harley to Oregon in August through Strugis is the BIG summer vacation

Anybody but Miami....probably Lakers or Spurs will win.

Rooting for the Canucks....I think they will win vs. Montreal

They can compete for the AL Central for sure.

I have said the same thing for years....the best LB available. We are too slow, need a difference maker on defense real real bad.

Probably go camping down around Shenandoah NP or Michigan's UP

Cookout, as my 2 oldest will come up from OSU to celebrate Easter and my birthday.

Also Rich...I'm not a real religious person, but Easter is global. Yes, Catholicism isn't the largest religion in the world, but it's important to MANY.

1. Hornets...love CP3, but probably the Bulls take the trophy.

2. Know nothing about hockey nor do I care.

3. Yes, maybe, I dunno, hope so. Go tribe.

4. Miller but I am a TAMU alum. Will settle for Heckert's choice.

5. Puerto Rico.

Bonus: Mow the yard, wash clothes.......anything more productive than church.

Dont care

Dont care

Nope...

Anyone that can help Our team win. AJ Green

Nope...

Spening it in Fla with My parents.

Which part of this is Holy Week??????????? when most of the worlds people think otherwise......just food for thought...........something America has been lacking a long time though!

I am not a churchgoer either, but I do recognize that this week is the week that Good Friday and Easter are celebrated so I went along with it for lack of a better label.

Riding the Harley to Oregon in August through Strugis is the BIG summer vacation

Yes. Yes it is.

Congratulations to you and your sister!

incest is the best!!!!

Celts......Lakers

Not an NHL Fan & am totally ignorant

Depends. Far too often cool weather performers "wilt" in the summer heat. We'll see.

Browns...Peterson

Yes. North Carolina's Outerbanks the last week in July.

Visit with Grandchildren. It gets NO better!

Mike

I was planning on a OUter Banks vacation, but because of conflicts I think that is likely to change. I have to take my son up to Ithaca NY so instead we may just do some days in the Catskills or Poconos. I have traveled all around this country, but I have never gone there.

Plus I have a wedding in Philadelphia later this summer.

I did give up my Outer Banks week. Perhaps I will just do some traveling around Eastern PA, lower NY in conjunction with my nephew's wedding. I have been researching it and there is more to see there than people may realize including this, the site of the famous original Woodstock Festival:

http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/home.aspx

It is the site of Max Yasgur's Farm. Apparently they couldn't use the term "Woodstock" in conjunction with the location because the name was still owned by the original promoters of Woodstock who still have their own thing going.

3. Not a chance (but I hope I'm wrong)

5. Summer is the busiest time of the year for me at work so I don't have plans. I just got back from visiting my family Ohio. Maybe I'll take a few days in the fall.

Easter: I used to do the entire Easter thing: Coloring eggs, baking, special food, decorations, new clothes, church, church, and more church. Now I'm in a "keep it simple" phase so I'll just be visiting with family.

You all have a great Holiday........and always keep thinking that we humans are all in this together and we all all want the same things

PEACE.......Happy Easter

• 1 month later...

Now, I'm not one to blow my own horn as the guys in the Baseball League will tell you (1st place by 15 points ... 49 points ahead of Rich), but picking Dallas to win before the playoffs started was pretty damn cool ... and if the Canucks win at home in Game 7, then I nailed both champions ... in April.

Leave it to the NFL to hold a lockout when I'm this hot ... please come back, Browns, I was about to predict you all the way to the SB!

Zombo

I am hoping you nail them both Zombo.

Although the Bruins have not won since 1972, do we really need another title out of Boston? I believe if the Bruins win that Boston will be the only city in which all the teams from that city will have won a title since the year 2000, or at least had a team win a title in each of the major sports. Vancouver has gone since 1915 without one.

I did some more research on it. Towns that have won in each sport since the new millenium, the year 2000.

We do have 3 towns that have won a title since then in every sport in which they have a team, but these towns are only "One Horse Towns" We have Green Bay in football, San Antonio in basketball, and Raleigh in hockey.

But we also have LA/Anaheim which has won a title in all three sports in which it has a team: Lakers in basketball, Angels in baseball, Mighty Ducks in Hockey. LA has no NFL team and has not had one since the millenium.

And Boston has titles in three sports so far: Pats in football, Celtics in basketball, Red Sox in baseball,

....and if the Bruins win, they would complete the set.

And yet the fans from Boston would still whine and cry "poor, poor, pitiful me" over their sports team. Asswipes.

I did some more research on it. Towns that have won in each sport since the new millenium, the year 2000.

We do have 3 towns that have won a title since then in every sport in which they have a team, but these towns are only "One Horse Towns" We have Green Bay in football, San Antonio in basketball, and Raleigh in hockey.

But we also have LA/Anaheim which has won a title in all three sports in which it has a team: Lakers in basketball, Angels in baseball, Mighty Ducks in Hockey. LA has no NFL team and has not had one since the millenium.

And Boston has titles in three sports so far: Pats in football, Celtics in basketball, Red Sox in baseball,

....and if the Bruins win, they would complete the set.

And yet the fans from Boston would still whine and cry "poor, poor, pitiful me" over their sports team. Asswipes.

I don't think San Antonio qualifies as a "one horse town" .

San Antonio

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This article is about the U.S. city. For other uses, see San Antonio (disambiguation). City of San Antonio — City250px-SA_Montage_Nima.png 100px-Flag_of_San_Antonio%2C_Texas.svg.png

Flag Sanantonioseal.jpeg

Seal Nickname(s): River City, San Antone,

Alamo City 250px-Bexar_SanAntonio.svg.png Location in the state of Texas 250px-Usa_edcp_location_map.svg.png

6px-Red_pog.svg.png City of San Antonio Location in the United States Coordinates: 17px-WMA_button2b.png29°25′N 98°30′W Country United States State Texas County Bexar, Medina Government - Type Council-Manager - City Council Mayor Julian Castro[1]

Mary Alice P. Cisneros

Ivy R. Taylor

Jennifer V. Ramos

Philip A. Cortez

David Medina, Jr.

Ray Lopez

Justin Rodriguez

W. Reed Williams

Elisa Chan

John G. Clamp - City Manager Sheryl Sculley Area - City 412.1 sq mi (1,067.3 km2) - Land 407.6 sq mi (1,055.7 km2) - Water 4.5 sq mi (11.7 km2) Elevation 650 ft (198 m) Population (2010) - City 1,327,407 (7th) - Density 3,400.9/sq mi (1,313.1/km2) - Metro 2,142,508 (25th) - Demonym San Antonian Time zone Central (UTC-6) - Summer (DST) Central (UTC-5) Area code(s) 210(majority), 830(portions) Website www.sanantonio.gov San Antonio (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png/ˌsænænˈtni./) is the seventh-largest city in the United States of America and the second-largest city within the state of Texas, with a population of 1.33 million.[2] Located in the American Southwest and the south–central part of Texas, the city serves as the seat of Bexar County. San Antonio has characteristics of other western urban centers in which there are sparsely populated areas and a low density rate outside of the city. It was the fourth-fastest growing large city in the nation from 2000 to 2006[3] and the fifth-fastest-growing from 2007 to 2008.[4] The San Antonio–New Braunfels metropolitan area has a population of over 2.14 million based on the 2010 U.S. Census, making it the 25th-largest metropolitan area in the United States and third-largest in Texas.

he was probably saying they have only one major pro sports team.

Uh, yea.Hello, McFly, is anybody home? This guy obviously needs to start reading my trivia threads. Believe it or not, you actually learn something in those.

A "One Horse Town" yes, simply refers to the fact that a particular city has only one team in any of the major sports leagues.

If you had read the trivia...which was only withing the past month, you would have known that MLB has -0- "one horse towns", that the NFL has 2: Green Bay and Jax. The NBA has Portland, Sacramento, Salt Lake, San Antonio, Memphis, OK City, and Orlando. The NHL has one horse towns in Columbus and Raleigh, and in Canada in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Montreal, and Ottawa.

And FYI, I know all about San Antonio. My sister in law lives there, and my daughter is likely to go to college there at Trinity U. (that was in another trivia thread).

Archived