THE BROWNS BOARD

New 2 Round Mock Draft

DFlo

As much as I like Peterson, I still don't see us taking a DB at #6. I am actually starting to believe that Julio Jones will be our pick there if Green is gone. If we do go defense at 6, then our 2nd rounder has to be a WR. Or we're going to ruin yet another QB. Colt can't win games for us if Hillis is our ONLY offensive weapon. He needs a true #1 receiver to throw to!

Two problems - since I already did my goofy 3 round draft. - Peterson is terrific - but he won't make a huge

impact like a great DE will. We don't even HAVE a DE at one end of the dline.

The other is, Paea is strictly a DL, not a DE, and the Browns need a DE. Terrific player though.

If not for the CB and WR needs, a DE in the first, and Paea in the second would be very cool.

According to my latest draft mag, Pro Football Weekly, Titus Young is the 3rd ranked wr, but

is a marginal blocker, very slender build, not a great leaper,and "immature, and will require maintenance".

I like Randall Cobb better - he's the fourth rated wr... a touch heavier, totally versatile, mature, ...

and neither one, I think, will be there in the third round.

The draft really needs to get here. It's spring, and I don't have any more time to read more, and get another mock draft wrong again. @@

How about

1.Patrick Peterson

2.Stephen Paea

3.Jerrnel Jernigan

4.Marcus Gilbert

5.Casey Matthews

6.Dion Lewis

6a.Greg Mcelroy

7.Best kicker or BPA

OR

1.AJ Green

2.Brooks Reed

3.Drake Nevis

4.Marcus Gilbert

5.Damacrus Van Dyke

6.Dion Lewis

6a.Greg Romerous

7.BPA

I am not sold on Julio Jones ill post a video that shows you hes not great at getting seperation and thats the number one problem WRs have when the bust in this league...He is a clone of Braylon Edwards get physical speciemen but questionable hands....We've seen this movie before

Casey Matthews isn't going to last until the 5th round is he? Those Matthews boys are born pros.

Zombo

Naw most likely he'll go late 3rd early 4th but i was just putting what i would want...

Id take him in the 4th if hes there, considered DQ gets hurt alot...BTW hope your doing good Zombo

bpa? I think everybody knows that, but that is NOT the end all reason to draft a player.

bpa doesn't consider character and work ethic much, and how that player fits into your lockerroom.

Braylon Wailin Edwards was a "bpa". The Browns should have passed.

IOW's, bpa is only one part of deciding who to draft.

Needed Position is a part, as well as intangibles.

Savage knew how to take "bpa's"... and that doesn't work.

The Browns need to continue to pick the drg, not the bpa..

"doggone right guy"... @@

We NEED a Matthews boy on our team. If we can get him in the 3rd-4th round, they better snag him. I would like to see the Browns take WR Cecil Shorts out Mount Union. Dude is definitely NFL ready and a huge sleeper

Yeah id love to get Casey as well, i think Greg Little outta UNC is a great fit for the WCO and could be a steal say 3rd or 4th

Greg Little = Braylon Edwards

Per my draft mag:

Greg Little has average long speed,, stop and go quickness, has a DIVA makeup, overly emotional, suspect character, average work habits.

NO.

Cecil Shorts of Mount Union would be a nice 5th round pick maybe. But he can't hold a candle to Cobb. Shorts is rated as the 17th best wr.

I don't see him as being better than anybody the Browns have already. It says he can be pressed, knocked off course, limited suddenness.

Who knows. I think he could be a fine slot player....

I think Casey Matthews will be a solid player, but I do not like him before the 4th at the earliest. I think we should grab a receiver way before considering Matthews. Our Linbacking core is solid, but we need to get solid players in front of them.

Id actually trade back into the late 3rd to grab him, DQ is always hurt and even if he stays healthy its not like he cant learn somethings from him before he gives out

Greg Little = Braylon Edwards

Per my draft mag:

Greg Little has average long speed,, stop and go quickness, has a DIVA makeup, overly emotional, suspect character, average work habits.

NO.

Cecil Shorts of Mount Union would be a nice 5th round pick maybe. But he can't hold a candle to Cobb. Shorts is rated as the 17th best wr.

I don't see him as being better than anybody the Browns have already. It says he can be pressed, knocked off course, limited suddenness.

Who knows. I think he could be a fine slot player....

Naw Julio Jones=Braylon Edwards

Archived