THE BROWNS BOARD

Pitching

Chris.

Justin Masterson's now 4-0.

Fausto has been very solid since the Opening Day meltdown.

Carlos Carrasco's been great since the first couple innings in his first start.

Josh Tomlin and Mitch Talbot (before the injury) have been finding ways to win.

Jeanmar Gomez got lit up...

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the team's pitching so far. I think Masterson is the real deal, Fausto is going to be a solid Westbrook-type for years, and Carrasco could be a solid #2 starter. Tomlin, Talbot and Gomez I don't really care about. But they have moxie...

The bullpen has been fantastic too, obviously. Sipp just gave up his first runs last night, Pestano's been excellent. Raffy Perez has been a perfect setup man, not allowing a single inherited runner (or one of his own) to score. And Chris Perez has been amazing for a long time now. Joe Smith has looked good so far. The only weak link so far (to me) has been Durbin.

And for what it's worth...

Alex White has started 3 games for Columbus. 18 innings, 20 K's, 3 walks, 0 homers. 2.00 ERA, 0.98 WHIP

Nick Hagadone has made 4 relief appearances in Akron, 8.2 innings, 10 K's, 0 walks, 0 homers. 0.00 ERA, 0.58 WHIP

That's another front of the rotation starter, and a potential closer that could be in Cleveland this year.

Drew Pomeranz has 3 starts for Kinston. 15 innings, 22 K's, 5 walks, 0 homers. 1.80 ERA, 0.73 WHIP

We could be looking at a rotation of Fausto-Masterson-Carrasco-White-Pomeranz by June of next year, with a dominant bullpen. Fausto could be our 5th starter. That's exciting.

Archived