THE BROWNS BOARD

Daquan Bowers Knee Cleared

Nw220

I wanted DaQuan Bowers from the start, and I think with the report that his knee checks out, the Browns take him at sixth.

Well he sure is in the running for that pick you can tell Heckert likes him just by how much time he has spent looking into him,i say if Peterson or Green are both gone you bet your ass Bowers is the pick..

'

King Koopa it is

Its all smoke and mirrors guys.

I was listening to mike and mike this morning and greenie asked todd mcshay off camera a few days prior " how often do your sources lie to you?"

Mcshay says" all the time, even people that are really close friends have lied right to my face."

So it could be true, but I'm thinking we pass. To much potential money to be lost.

Or it could be true... either way we take Quinn over him. Heckert's specialty when it comes to DE's is finding good lighter fast DE's and Quinn fits that bill. But since Heckert has also said he wants a pass rushing DT, there is a really good chance that he has Fairley rated higher than both Quinn and Bowers. When asked if all teams had Quinn rated higher he laughed and said "not all teams". He also said he thought Fairley had a productive year before his "one year wonder" year and said Fairley's 11.5 sacks could be credited more to him progressing as a player, rather than a mistake.

But who knows. This year I am not going to be made with who ever we pick. Last year after the first two rounds I thought I developed a stomach ulcer and now I love how the whole draft last year really turned out for us.

I like Fairleys motor and his tenedicity but they only reason i would maybe go DE first is because the 2nd round is loaded with round 1 graded DTs, Austin,Paea,Drake Nevis all these guys would fit the 4-3 DT perfectly and could be had with the secound pick

Agree 100% we are looking for smaller quicker ends so i would assume Quinn would be rated higher than Bowers...There will be few in the late rounds like Dontay Moch and so forth, we need a Freeney and a Mathis for this style of D

Well, the Browns just sent out the latest draft stuff to the Browns Backers and you can read Heckert's comments HERE

Of course it's probably all one big smoke screen- but Peterson is still in the running,(as is every other top prospect).

I'd go Fairley over Bowers and Quinn to be honest.

Jesus Christ that dude is a beast. He reminds you of a lazier Ndamukong Suh with great hands. In the trenches, hands are very important, something Marcell Dareus is lacking.

Huh? Warren sapp and many other draft analysts say dareus uses his hands alot better than fairley if I'm not mistaken.. that and the fact he moves well at a bigger size put him over fairley for the top DT

Hence, the lazier Suh comparison.

When his motor is running, Fairley's hands are amazing. He holds well with the 3 and 5 technique when he's at full speed.

In regards to Dareus, in-game, he plays much slower than his combine speed. Game speed, Fairley is much more explosive than Dareus. Don't let the numbers fool you. This coming from an Alabama fan.

Archived