THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns May Take Qb Early

Nw220

We dont need another QB controversey and if you ask me its nothing but smokescreen to get ethier Minnesota or Tennessee to jump up and take Gabbert if hes still there...Heckert went on saying he didnt think anything was wrong with McNabb when he took Kolb he was just BPA

Cleveland May Select QB early

If you ask me theres about a 5% chance this would happen

More like zero. The difference between now with McCoy and then with McNabb was McNabb had already been through so many years in the NFL and Kolb wasn't really brought in to be a threat. Ya things ended up being so that McNabb was out but that wasn't the organizations goal when Kolb was drafted. You only draft a 1st rounder if you are looking for a new franchise QB, not if you are looking to set him up with last years 3rd round and see who wins the spot.

The only way we select a QB in before the 5th round is if the guy from Nevada falls to the 3rd.

More like zero. The difference between now with McCoy and then with McNabb was McNabb had already been through so many years in the NFL and Kolb wasn't really brought in to be a threat. Ya things ended up being so that McNabb was out but that wasn't the organizations goal when Kolb was drafted. You only draft a 1st rounder if you are looking for a new franchise QB, not if you are looking to set him up with last years 3rd round and see who wins the spot.

The only way we select a QB in before the 5th round is if the guy from Nevada falls to the 3rd.

Wow Hilliz iz Bozz we actually agree, i think the guy form Nevada Colin Kaepernick is going to be the steal in this draft...I cant remember who said it but someone who is highly recongizable said he has better overall althete than Cam Newton and also better footwork with one of the most deadliest arms

If Holmgren and Heckert believe they have the next Manning on their hands, I don't think they would hesitate. I guess it boils down to how they view Gabbert. I'm not implying that Gabbert is that quality but if he happens to be viewed as such I don't think McCoy has showed anything extra special to make them pass that up.

Wow Hilliz iz Bozz we actually agree, i think the guy form Nevada Colin Kaepernick is going to be the steal in this draft...I cant remember who said it but someone who is highly recongizable said he has better overall althete than Cam Newton and also better footwork with one of the most deadliest arms

I think him and Mallet are the two best QB's talent wise in this draft and Kaepernick is better suited for the WCO with his mobility and his ability to throw on the run. I still don't think we should take him, but I can see us taking him if he some how falls a round (which he won't).

Agreed if he were some how around in the 4th round id consider him but hes gonna be long gone, i think San Fran grabs him in early round 2..But hes my favorite QB in this Class..

Last year my favorite QB was McCoy and i couldnt believe he wasnt taken until we grabbed him in round 3 he is going to be considered a steal

Agreed if he were some how around in the 4th round id consider him but hes gonna be long gone, i think San Fran grabs him in early round 2..But hes my favorite QB in this Class..

Last year my favorite QB was McCoy and i couldnt believe he wasnt taken until we grabbed him in round 3 he is going to be considered a steal

Last year a lot of people on here thought Dan Lefevour was going to go in the 3rd or 4th round with his talents, but he went in the 6th round. I really dont belive that we will take him in the 3rd or 4th with all of our needs. I think Colt will be fine and I think that Seneca Wallace will be a hell of a back up for us. If we are worrying about taking a qb any earlier than the 6th round, then we are in pretty bad shape.

If the best available athlete is a QB then pick him. Its not like we have had any world beaters in the past 10 years.

I will take a future hall of fame QB if it means Colt has to hold a clipboard or be traded.

I think the Browns have a guy they like in McCoy, but also think he isn't so good they need to stop looking at QB's for the next 10 years.

I think we also see a qb in this draft we think can become a solid NFL QB. If he is there, then we might take him 'early"...which to me means maybe the top of the 3rd round.

That's a perfect spot. It doesn't show any disrespect to Colt, yet tells him he needs to continue to progress, and brings in a guy who at least has more then a wildcard shot to develop.

Two years down the road he have a QB and have a guy who can help with a draft day trade.

Last year a lot of people on here thought Dan Lefevour was going to go in the 3rd or 4th round with his talents, but he went in the 6th round. I really dont belive that we will take him in the 3rd or 4th with all of our needs. I think Colt will be fine and I think that Seneca Wallace will be a hell of a back up for us. If we are worrying about taking a qb any earlier than the 6th round, then we are in pretty bad shape.

I don't know why but I thought he did go in the 4th round last year. There is no way this guy drops that far from the second though. He is one of the top QB's and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he went ahead of Dalton or Mallet.

I'll take a flyer on Ricky Stanzi if he lasts the late 3rd or 4th round

Stanzi is a nice late round prospect. I also like TJ Yates as a college free agent or take a flyier on Tyrod Taylor in the 6th

the way I see it is, this is McCoy's year.

If by some reason he regresses, or we bomb miserably this season, there's always Andrew Luck :D

Exactly. I don't want him bomb, but if he does we really don't have anyone to put us in games. I think if he doesn't improve we go at best 5-11 if not worse. If he proves to not be the guy then expect Heckert and Holmgren to do what ever they need to in order to draft Luck.

Exactly. I don't want him bomb, but if he does we really don't have anyone to put us in games. I think if he doesn't improve we go at best 5-11 if not worse. If he proves to not be the guy then expect Heckert and Holmgren to do what ever they need to in order to draft Luck.

off topic: I know there are chances of busts, but can we all agree that Andrew Luck is as sure of a QB prospect we've seen in a very, very, very long time.

It scares me because, can you imagine if the Bengals drafted him?

off topic: I know there are chances of busts, but can we all agree that Andrew Luck is as sure of a QB prospect we've seen in a very, very, very long time.

I think Sam Bradford has been the surest in a long time man. He has an injured shoulder and sill went number 1, with like 40 or 50 mil guaranteed.

I think Sam Bradford has been the surest in a long time man. He has an injured shoulder and sill went number 1, with like 40 or 50 mil guaranteed.

I was absolutely in love with Bradford last year, hell I was in the camp of trading up to get him last year, but I personally feel Luck will be the better QB. His encyclopediac knowledge of defensive schemes + his accuracy and athelticism put him a tick just above Bradford in my book. Usually I'd say more, but I'm so enamored with both QBs, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Are you assuming that the Bengals will end up with the worst record in the NFL?.....in whatever sort of season the NFL has this year?

Yes Andrew Luck is the most so called safe QB to come along in a very long time,you have to remember last year people were doubting Braford's arm strength and other things until he had a tremendous Pro Day,which really made him the clear #1 pick....

And if Luck goes to the Bengals Next year and they add AJ Green this year,we better have Haden and Peterson back there trying to defend that attack...

Archived