THE BROWNS BOARD

Saving The Third Round, Getting A Rot Later

calfoxwc

What do you think of THIS kid?

with other teams, especially the Bengals, looking at him toward the end of the draft...

I'd beat them to the punch, even with a 4th round pick.

He needs to be a Cleveland Brown, could back up both tackle positions, and develop in the pro game behind

Tony Pashos !

From NFLDraftScout.com:

Name: Johnny Culbreath

College: South Carolina State Number: 50

Height: 6-5 Weight: 322

Position: OT Pos2: OG

Class/Draft Year: rSr/2011

40 Time: 5.04 40 Low: 4.95 40 High: 5.12

Projected Round: 7 Stock:

Rated number 24 out of 87 OT's 266 / 2087 TOTAL

Combine Invite:

Height: 6051

Weight: 322

40 Yrd Dash:

20 Yrd Dash:

10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps:

Vertical Jump:

Broad Jump:

20 Yrd Shuttle:

3-Cone Drill:

Dates: 04/30/11

Height: 6051

Weight: 322

40 Yrd Dash: 5.02

20 Yrd Dash: 2.89

10 Yrd Dash: 1.86 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27

Vertical Jump: 30 1/2

Broad Jump: 09'00"

20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.83

3-Cone Drill: 7.76

40 Time Range: 5.02-5.07

Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 9-1-10: #26 OT, #361/750 Overall,

2009: First-Team All-Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference as voted on by the MEAC head football coaches and sports information directors. Culbreath spearheaded the blocking for a Bulldog offense that accounted for 4,160 yards - 1,745 on the ground - and finished first in the MEAC in pass offense (219.9 ypg), total offense (378.4 ypg) and scoring offense (32 ppg).

03/31/11 - After the South Carolina players timed and measured in the broad jump, vertical leap, the 40-yard dash, three-cone drill and the shuttle run, it was the Bulldogs' turn inside the indoor facility. Even with past private workouts with the Cincinnati Bengals, All-American offensive tackle Johnny Culbreath said this was the moment he'd spent in heavy preparation for three months. "I've been waiting on this day for three months now," said Culbreath, the school's highest-rated pro prospect. "I've been training hard. I know that I've been busting my butt. I knew I was going to come in here prepared, so it wasn't anything different. I was just so focused, kept my eye on the prize." Culbreath believed he had a "real productive day," lifting the most reps (27) of 225 among the Bulldog players. The 6-5, 321-pound Lake City native also ran a 4.92 in the 40-yard dash. The current NFL lockout prohibiting teams from currently signing free agents provided even more motivation for Culbreath and his fellow Bulldogs to put themselves in position where they are not overlooked following the NFL draft. "If you don't get drafted, you don't know where you're going to end up because free agents won't get picked up until the end of the summer," Culbreath said. "So that's kind of part of the reason why I left school (Culbreath has eight credits remaining to complete his degree requirements) and went to train, get myself prepared because I really want to be in this draft." - Thomas Grant Jr., The Times and Democrat

12/16/10 - 2010 WALTER CAMP FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP SUBDIVISION ALL-AMERICA TEAM: OL Johnny Culbreath, South Carolina State, Sr., was among the top blockers on the Bulldog squad and in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference this season. The 2009 MEAC Offensive Lineman of the Year, he was one of the most dominant linemen in the league during his four-year (2007-10) SC State career. In addition to earning Walter Camp and AFCA All-America accolades, Culbreath was a first-team All-MEAC Selection as well. - South Carolina State football

12/15/10 - 2010 AFCA COACHES’ FCS ALL-AMERICA TEAM: OL Johnny Culbreath, Sr., South Carolina State, was among the top blockers on the Bulldog squad and in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference this season. The 2009 MEAC Offensive Lineman of the Year, he was one of the most dominant linemen in the league during his four-year (2007-10) SC State career. In addition to earning Walter Camp and AFCA All-America accolades, Culbreath was a first-team All-MEAC Selection as well. - South Carolina State football

10/30/10 - Chris Merrill scored two touchdowns and ran for 160 yards in South Carolina State's 38-21 win over Delaware State on Saturday. The Bulldogs (6-2, 4-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) trailed 7-0 before scoring 24 straight. Malcolm Long started the spurt on a 50-yard pass to Antwanne Kerr with 5:09 left in the second quarter for the only offensive touchdown during the Bulldogs' streak. David Erby returned an interception 46 yards for a touchdown, Blake Erickson kicked a 39-yard field goal and Lataris Douglas returned a blocked punt 15 yards to put South Carolina State up 24-7. Long finished with 200 yards on 18-for-33 passing in the Bulldogs' third straight win over Delaware State (1-7, 1-5). Anthony Glaud had 169 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions on 19-for-30 passing and Justin Wilson had 131 yards and a touchdown on nine catches for the Hornets. - AP Sports

10/05/10 - MEAC OCT 4 TOP PERFORMANCE: Johnnie Culbreath (S.C. State) recorded the highest assignment grade of his career with 98-percent in the Bulldogs victory over FAMU. He recorded a career-high seven pancake blocks and aided S.C. State with 409 yards of total offense. - MEAC football

Archived