THE BROWNS BOARD

37- Sheard

b86b

One thing I noticed besides the two sacks and 3 TFL was that he has an awesome bull rush for such a light guy.

Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

Hmm. Not sold on this guy yet from what I saw in the highlight film against Miami above. He doesn't have a strong burst of speed coming off the snap. Don't you sorta need that if you're going to be a good pass rusher?

What are you talking about? There were several times where he times the snap to perfection.

I am with you. I am not sold on him from that video either. After watching that I would be suprised if he became anything more then an average DE. Hopefully I am wrong. I would have much rather rolled the dice on Bowers ... granted there was a big risk, but atleast there was also a huge reward. Oh well whats done is done. Lets hope this kid pans out.

Wimbley had that, what did he do for us? I like him because he's not just a speed rusher. He spins, bullrushes, sidesteps, dips-n-rips, plays the run well and can run around you. A more athletic Jared Allen

Wimbley had that, what did he do for us? I like him because he's not just a speed rusher. He spins, bullrushes, sidesteps, dips-n-rips, plays the run well and can run around you. A more athletic Jared Allen

Also this kid is a 3 year starter on a BCS team and really stepped up to not only over come his arrest, but to become a team captain and improve a good amount his senior season. He is not just a one dimensional guy (like Quinn is) he uses different moves and tries to set up his opponents with them (talked about in his interview how he likes to get them with his speed and on the next play catch them quick stepping and either cut inside or use their weak position and stance to bull rush and push them into the QB).

Well, I didn't think about that. You gave me some hope in him then.

I am with you. I am not sold on him from that video either. After watching that I would be suprised if he became anything more then an average DE. Hopefully I am wrong. I would have much rather rolled the dice on Bowers ... granted there was a big risk, but atleast there was also a huge reward. Oh well whats done is done. Lets hope this kid pans out.

Well, if you were listening to the draft today- the reason why Bowers fell all the way to #51 is the medical report says he's going to need more surgery on the knee sooner or later-and probably sooner- and it's the dreaded microfracture surgery that pretty much ended Courtney Brown's career.

Well, if the Patriots didn't want Bowers, neither should we. I think Heckert learned his lesson about fan reaction on taking medical risks last year. :)

Yeah, I watch Pitt a lot and the guy brings it every play. He's a warrior.

Zombo

Well, if you were listening to the draft today- the reason why Bowers fell all the way to #51 is the medical report says he's going to need more surgery on the knee sooner or later-and probably sooner- and it's the dreaded microfracture surgery that pretty much ended Courtney Brown's career.

Well, if the Patriots didn't want Bowers, neither should we. I think Heckert learned his lesson about fan reaction on taking medical risks last year. :)

I am aware of that. Thats why I said there was a high risk/high reward with him. If he didn't need the surgery he would just be high reward in the second round :-) he also wouldn't have been sitting there in round 2.

Archived