THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Hagg

Now usually 7th round draft picks aren't really anything to get excited about, but I think that we got a potential starter and maybe (hopefully) star. This kid looks like he has "it" Just judging from his highlight tape, he has decent speed, good hands, good size, and can lay the wood. Kinda like TJ Ward, but with hands. He has constantly progressed throughout college. Not to mention he was named Defensive MVP for Nebraska ahead of Prince.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPfszRua98

I am not gonna hold my breath on a 7th round pick, but I would not be surprised if this kid is very solid for us.

I doubt he will be the starter across from Ward next season, but I do think he can make a good back up at both FS and SS next year and be what Ward was last year on special teams. In 2-3 years he could be a starter but I'm not going to claim a 7th round pick to do anything more than special teams and a little back up duty for his first year.

This kid appears to have the essential natural instincts for both the FS and SS positions and that is far more than elam has, i would love to see this kid come from the 7th rd to become a starter over the next year or two and imo he was a great pick with hefty potential by heckert in the 7th..

like i said, he's a 3rd-4th round talent projected in the 4th-5th round who fell to the 7th :P

All that matters is the last part you put in there. He was a 7th round pick, and there must have been a reason he fell to the 7th round that we don't know about. It's just how Ross Homan was expected to be a 3rd or 4th round pick and he ended up going in the 6th. He had great production, and good strength with average straight line speed and it was obvious he was one of the better cover linebackers in the draft with 7 INT's in the last 2 seasons. The thing is though anyone who ever watched him play could tell you is that he is slow to move on a play, slow going sideline to sideline, and because he doesn't put all his gym strength on the field he ends up dragging down RB's and WR's a lot more often than he drives them back. I don't know the exact reason Hagg fell to the 7th, he has the production and decent enough physical ability to be a start in a few years, but there was a reason he fell other than teams just forgot about him and I'm not going to harp about how our 7th round pick is going to play across from Ward for the next 10 years... even though I be thrilled if he did.

Archived