THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe And Josh

b86b

Clippers fans are stoked we got there 1st pick overall and Baron Davis for Mo Williams...hahaha

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-7139-postdays-0-postorder-asc-sid-80a1206b6ab46cdb6cbaffb01b19564c.html

Just hoping unlike the last time we had the #1, the guy we pick doesn't decide to take his talents to South Beach. :

I don't care about the NBA or the Cavs but it's nice to keep hearing how Joe and Josh keep supporting Cleveland sports.

i really didn't care about the cavs either till i moved away many moons ago. now i live and breath anything cleveland sports. these new kids on the browns are doing it right. supporting our other teams and showing the people that there are players that actually care and want to be involved with other things in cleveland. good move for the city and the players.

Just hoping unlike the last time we had the #1, the guy we pick doesn't decide to take his talents to South Beach. :

Well, of course, if the FA rules remain as they are, there is no denying that a player after 7 years or whatever will be allowed to go whereever he wants.....

...HOWEVER, this situatin with LeBron and Bosh and Carmelo trying to dictate to the league will be a big issue in the forthcoming labor relations. The owners are bound and determined to regain control of their league. Who do you think the other 29 NBA owners will empathize with more: Dan Gilbert or LeBron James. You best believe it is Gilbert. I believe the NBA will demand something on the order of the "Franchise Tag" that the NFL has for its FAs.

Awesome night for Cleveland! Gotta go with Irving.

Loved seeing the Browns in the house ... in the words of Gilbert's kid: What's not to like?

Z

Clearly, I would think that the Cavs marketing department is going to take that and make it the team's slogan for the upcoming future...if they don't, they should be fired.

Just read a great piece on the Yahoo news... Kyrie Irving REFUSED Lebron's agent/marketing people, and Lebron, his whole career.

He and his family could have made a LOT of money by playing ball with them. But, they went with a great agent recommended by a friend....

and he was one who never chased Kyrie, and when he did make his presentation - it was about charity and giving back to the community.

Lebron's agent andco. chased Kyrie since his freshman year, and he and his family ignored them. That is huge CLASS. Great for the CAVS !

Well, of course, if the FA rules remain as they are, there is no denying that a player after 7 years or whatever will be allowed to go whereever he wants.....

...HOWEVER, this situatin with LeBron and Bosh and Carmelo trying to dictate to the league will be a big issue in the forthcoming labor relations. The owners are bound and determined to regain control of their league. Who do you think the other 29 NBA owners will empathize with more: Dan Gilbert or LeBron James. You best believe it is Gilbert. I believe the NBA will demand something on the order of the "Franchise Tag" that the NFL has for its FAs.

Great point Gip- but since there are far less players on a basketball team, wonder if that will be enough. NFL it's two first round picks- the Heat essentially gave that up to Toronto and Cleveland to get LeBum and Bosh.

Not sure what they'll do in the labor negotiations, but you better believe that the owners are not going to let things continue the way they are going.

As for the Cavs...I like what Irving seems to be but I am not sure about how proven he really is...He only managed to play 11 games in his only year in college. Not sure I want damaged goods with that first pick? I would like to see Williams and Kanter with the 1 & 4 and then take a guy like Cole, Lee, or Joseph with their first pick in the 2nd round. That would address needs and also would set up a young PG behind Sessions and/or Davis. Then you still got the OKC's pick in the 2nd round to take a chance on a playmaker late that might provid depth.

Archived