THE BROWNS BOARD

Delhomme Good As Gone As A Brown?

Nw220

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/cleveland_browns_is_jake_delhomme_headed_back_to_the_carolina_panthers/5064037

Dosent surprize me i mean i never liked the hire last year when we signed him, i thought it was an old typical Browns move, I saw thru that crystal ball and realized he wasnt the Browns QB.

Also there is speculation that Wallace is on the Trade block which asks me i personally wouldnt wanna let him go but what would you consider a fair trade value for him..

I think a 3rd round is the lowest id go on Wallace and id rather have him than a 3rd round pick so unless its a player for player deal, i wanna keep Wallace hes insurance in case McCoy get hurts or dosent play well etc..

Plus he knows this system well and can really help McCoy with the playbook and the understanding of the WCO,

So anyways thoughts on Delhomme's one and done year here in Cleveland and the Possibility Wallace may be on the trade block

BTW id take a 7th round pick for Delhomme at this point they can have him. id rather roll with Jarret Brown on the Practice Squad even though i watched alot of WVU games and hes nothing to be excitied about except for his size and Althetiscm

Reminds me of a real poor mans Daunte Culpepper

Or a over priced DA.

The man throws to many interceptions, Carolina knew this and dumped his ass. Its not like he changed anything between getting fired in Carolina and arriving in Cleveland. This guy reminds me of your typical know it all pompous asshole athlete who isn't coachable.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/cleveland_browns_is_jake_delhomme_headed_back_to_the_carolina_panthers/5064037

Dosent surprize me i mean i never liked the hire last year when we signed him, i thought it was an old typical Browns move, I saw thru that crystal ball and realized he wasnt the Browns QB.

Also there is speculation that Wallace is on the Trade block which asks me i personally wouldnt wanna let him go but what would you consider a fair trade value for him..

I think a 3rd round is the lowest id go on Wallace and id rather have him than a 3rd round pick so unless its a player for player deal, i wanna keep Wallace hes insurance in case McCoy get hurts or dosent play well etc..

Plus he knows this system well and can really help McCoy with the playbook and the understanding of the WCO,

So anyways thoughts on Delhomme's one and done year here in Cleveland and the Possibility Wallace may be on the trade block

I had a feeling from day 1 that Jake was just passing through town. No real future with us and what he produced showed his NFL days are numbered. Read that we already had Wallace under contract for 3 years. That was a solid resigning, our 1-2 QB setup is good going into training camp (whenever that is).

He's gone, good luck to him. As he gets older his lack of mobility is going to make too hard for him to stay healthy. I see him as a veteran backup somewhere for two or three years where he doesn't compete for the starting job. We pay him too much for that.

Zombo

Or a over priced DA.

The man throws to many interceptions, Carolina knew this and dumped his ass. Its not like he changed anything between getting fired in Carolina and arriving in Cleveland. This guy reminds me of your typical know it all pompous asshole athlete who isn't coachable.

I admit he's over the hill and doesn't have it anymore, but you couldn't be more wrong on him being a pompous asshole who isn't coachable. I go basically every year to the Panthers training camp in SC, starting with the years Jake was actually good. Not only was he the nicest man to the fans, I NEVER saw him brush off a coach or act arrogant. In fact, he always seemed to stay out there late and talk with coaches and work with what they were telling him. The writing was on the wall for the guy when he had the elbow surgery. He always played the gun slinger type game and after the surgery his velocity shot down. the result: not being able to throw it into the windows and thus the INT's came.

Hell, for those of you who Bonjagles, down here he used to on the commercials for the restaurant. One time he personally took a woman's cell and recorded the whole saying into her phone to use a ringer. So, over the hill QB? Absolutely. Pompous asshole athlete? Couldn't be further from the truth. The way I see it, if Colt turns into a good QB we can't look past the lessons and advice he got from Delhomme.

I admit he's over the hill and doesn't have it anymore, but you couldn't be more wrong on him being a pompous asshole who isn't coachable. I go basically every year to the Panthers training camp in SC, starting with the years Jake was actually good. Not only was he the nicest man to the fans, I NEVER saw him brush off a coach or act arrogant. In fact, he always seemed to stay out there late and talk with coaches and work with what they were telling him. The writing was on the wall for the guy when he had the elbow surgery. He always played the gun slinger type game and after the surgery his velocity shot down. the result: not being able to throw it into the windows and thus the INT's came.

Hell, for those of you who Bonjagles, down here he used to on the commercials for the restaurant. One time he personally took a woman's cell and recorded the whole saying into her phone to use a ringer. So, over the hill QB? Absolutely. Pompous asshole athlete? Couldn't be further from the truth. The way I see it, if Colt turns into a good QB we can't look past the lessons and advice he got from Delhomme.

I'm not sure how anyone can call Jake an asshole? He is one of the classiest QB's in the league. Jake was nothing but supportive of Colt and Seneca the entire season. I saw some footage of him mic'd up and he was acting just like a coach on the sideline. Encouraging players, giving Colt advice, talking about plays, etc. I've never seen another Browns QB act this way and I would love to keep him around just for that reason. A veteran who has a ton of experience, than can help our young QB.

Yea, I have never heard anything but good things about Jake's demeanor off field. Just because a guy thinks he can help a team, even if he really can't, does not make him pompous or arrogant. That is just competitiveness.

Question....the main problem with Jake is his big salary. Could the Browns release him, but then bring him back at a much lower salary as long as that is the best offer he can get, or if he wants to take the Browns lower offer? Then he could continue his mentoring role, just not at such a devesating cost.

http://network.yardb...anthers/5064037

Third round for Wallace are you dreaming? Just hope he gets a fifth before or after the season

Yea, I have never heard anything but good things about Jake's demeanor off field. Just because a guy thinks he can help a team, even if he really can't, does not make him pompous or arrogant. That is just competitiveness.

Question....the main problem with Jake is his big salary. Could the Browns release him, but then bring him back at a much lower salary as long as that is the best offer he can get, or if he wants to take the Browns lower offer? Then he could continue his mentoring role, just not at such a devesating cost.

Exactly. Release the guy, and if he doesn't get a better offer bring him back at vet minimum.

As to Wallace, unless Heckert would happen to get a really stupidly good offer for him, Seneca is going nowhere this season (assuimg there is one).

In last years preseason, Delhomme looked sharp, moved the team really well and made me excited about our fortunes for 2010...

The man got hurt---period...

Not his fault but it did affect him for the rest of the season...

I just don't understand the hate that some throw at the player.. One of the NFL's classiest players that just didn't work out for the Browns because of injuries...

He's probably gone from Cleveland but could be in demand for other teams that need QB help...

Peace

T.Dawg

Archived