THE BROWNS BOARD

Tribe Embarrasses Pittsburgh

FearTheRoo

Best series of the year! I understand the Pirates only have a couple hundred fans in the whole world, but it's still great to watch a team from Cleveland completely dominate a team from Pittsburgh.

We've been struggling recently and I was actually worried about this series. Pittsburgh was on a 4 game win streak, which is funny because it was actually their LONGEST of the season haha. So they can't say we go lucky or hit them in a slump because they were playing their best of the season. Tomlin and Carrassco both pitched lights out, with an almost no-hitter on Saturday. Even today when our pitching was shaky we still managed to win in extra innings.

Living in Western, PA I have heard a lot of hype over this Pittsburgh team, and nothing about the Indians. Safe to say most of us were very unimpressed by Pittsburgh and their so-called "allstar" center fielder #22 i think? didn't get a hit the entire weekend.

We didn't just sweep, we embarrassed them!

Gotta love the Tribe, keep it up!!!!

Carlos Carrasco is the biggest story. Masterson didn't look good yesterday, but he and Carrasco can be a pretty nice core for this rotation for a long time. The 2009 trades were hard to accept, but Shapiro got us back in position to win, a lot of it thanks to these two players. White and Pomeranz should be in position to help us next year....that's an incredibly solid staff, not even counting who'd be the 5th starter (Fausto or Tomlin or whoever).

I don't really care that it's Pittsburgh....because who cares about the Pirates. But getting the sweep was awesome. Hafner being back is awesome. Choo starting to hit the ball is awesome. First place is awesome. If we could just start playing against the Tigers and White Sox like we do against the National League, that would be awesome too.

Best series of the year! I understand the Pirates only have a couple hundred fans in the whole world, but it's still great to watch a team from Cleveland completely dominate a team from Pittsburgh.

We've been struggling recently and I was actually worried about this series. Pittsburgh was on a 4 game win streak, which is funny because it was actually their LONGEST of the season haha. So they can't say we go lucky or hit them in a slump because they were playing their best of the season. Tomlin and Carrassco both pitched lights out, with an almost no-hitter on Saturday. Even today when our pitching was shaky we still managed to win in extra innings.

Living in Western, PA I have heard a lot of hype over this Pittsburgh team, and nothing about the Indians. Safe to say most of us were very unimpressed by Pittsburgh and their so-called "allstar" center fielder #22 i think? didn't get a hit the entire weekend.

lol

You are such a xxxxing loser. Seriously.

Nice comeback.. it has tons of substance

It just sounds like you're a sore loser to me.

Sore loser? I've been round and round with several people on this board over the years. I thought it was hysterical and pathetic that he's over here talking about "embarrassing" the Pirates as a means to heal the wounds of the other beat downs received elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned the Pirates for the first time in a long time are playing well. Have a few All-star players and are competitive in each series. The just beat the "mighty' Red Sox twice out of 3 games and could have won the 3rd. Add in the fact that they have 3 high profile pitching prospects yet to hit the field and their pitching is already the reason they're playing as well as they are. I'd say there is plenty to be happy about in Pittsburgh with baseball at the moment. I'm FAR from a sore loser and seeing as Pittsburgh DOESN'T LOSE much (outside of the Pirates for all these years) if the Pirates start winning a bunch the "well you guys still have the Pirates" argument will go right out the window with all the rest of the BS. And Kosar you're one of the biggest "f@ggots" on this message board, not me. You know it's bad when you aren't even well received by your "own people". I'm from Pittsburgh. I'm not supposed to be liked.

He is. Homotron is the biggest faggot on this board.

So it's not just a clever name.

And Carrasco is awesome.

And Pittsburgh blows. Maybe they're following the Penguins guide to success (that is, suck for a decade and hope you get handed a Sidney Crosby), but it doesn't really work like that in baseball. And they better bring those great pitching prospects up before they lose McCutchen.

• 3 weeks later...

dumb post..........but keep at stupidity your track record says you will

Archived