THE BROWNS BOARD

Jt Gets Some Credit For Good Work On The Line

HowieDawg

My link

Joe Thomas, T, Browns (>): Thomas hasn't missed a start in his four-year career. As one line coach said, "He has pass protected for a number of quarterbacks that simply don't get rid of the ball quickly, and he is very efficient." Thomas committed two penalties in 2010 and has just given up 19 sacks in 64 starts.

I always make a point of watching this guy - he is a true Brown. Good video on JT narrated by Josh Cribbs on NFL.com I can't see why he won't earn another pro bowl this season.

My link

Joe Thomas, T, Browns (>): Thomas hasn't missed a start in his four-year career. As one line coach said, "He has pass protected for a number of quarterbacks that simply don't get rid of the ball quickly, and he is very efficient." Thomas committed two penalties in 2010 and has just given up 19 sacks in 64 starts.

I always make a point of watching this guy - he is a true Brown. Good video on JT narrated by Josh Cribbs on NFL.com I can't see why he won't earn another pro bowl this season.

He has been one of our most solid picks to come along in a long time. A tough blue collar bring your lunch pale kind of guy. The kind you need most in the trenches. Looking for many more great seasons from him. Now to keep working on the OL to keep McCoy

protected.

He has been one of our most solid picks to come along in a long time. A tough blue collar bring your lunch pale kind of guy. The kind you need most in the trenches. Looking for many more great seasons from him. Now to keep working on the OL to keep McCoy

protected.

Uhm, I would say he is undoubtedly the best draft pick the Browns have made in at least 20 years or longer. In fact, looking at the Browns drafts, he may be the best since they drafted BK in the supplemental draft in 1985. The only ones that might arguably be up there are Eric Turner in 1991, Eric Metcalf in 1989, Michael Dean Perry in 1988, and Webster Slaughter in 1986. And truthfully, I put JT above all those. Fair to say? Really. Can anyone think of any other candidates?

Uhm, I would say he is undoubtedly the best draft pick the Browns have made in at least 20 years or longer. In fact, looking at the Browns drafts, he may be the best since they drafted BK in the supplemental draft in 1985. The only ones that might arguably be up there are Eric Turner in 1991, Eric Metcalf in 1989, Michael Dean Perry in 1988, and Webster Slaughter in 1986. And truthfully, I put JT above all those. Fair to say? Really. Can anyone think of any other candidates?

TIM COUCH!

:P:P:P:P:P

TIM COUCH!

Honestly, since the Browns were reactivated in 1999, TC is probably the 2d or 3rd best choice they have made in that time.

He was more productive for this team than Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, William Green, Kellen Winslow, Braylon Edwards, Kameron Wimbley, Brady Quinn, etc. etc. etc.

:P:P:P:P:P

I read a Canton Repository article on Joe Thomas - he was talking about how Mangini ran them so hard in practices etc, that they

were getting beat up a lot. He wasn't complaining, just admitting and laughing about it.

Cribbs speaks so highly of him - we need a whole team of guys like them...

and this FO and coaching staff is getting there - the last two drafts have made a huge difference that way.

I remember during the 2006 college football season when everyone was saying that the Browns needed to get Adrian Peterson or a QB. I was the only person I knew who said that they should get Thomas. He was a stud then and I had a feeling that he would be something special.

I remember that draft as well and thought it would ethier be Peterson or Thomas, im not the least disapponited we took him instead of Peterson..Anytime a player perfers to go fishing instead of attend the NFL Draft hes my type of guy.

I remember during the 2006 college football season when everyone was saying that the Browns needed to get Adrian Peterson or a QB. I was the only person I knew who said that they should get Thomas. He was a stud then and I had a feeling that he would be something special. CFfL

El Wrongo - I think Zombo and I started Camp Thomas....

Several of us probably did. It was an excellent pick, and years overdue.

I think it was Rich who insisted that football was invented to be played

without offensive linemen.... @@

I remember during the 2006 college football season when everyone was saying that the Browns needed to get Adrian Peterson or a QB. I was the only person I knew who said that they should get Thomas. He was a stud then and I had a feeling that he would be something special. CFfL

Rich probably prefers soccer...or ice dancing. ;)

I note here that it has been stated by Howie, originator of this thread, that the reason he became attracted to "American football" over even rugby is because it allows for blocking. Rugby doesn't. And who is gonna block of you don't have O linemen?

Who was it that said that "the game is about blocking and tackling"? None other than Vince Lombardi.

See this photo of the famous "Seven Blocks of Granite" of Fordham University. Identify the guy wearing #40:

VinceLombardiandtheSevenBlocksofGranite_display_image_display_image.jpg?

I have a feeling that guy knew what he was talking about.

Nope, I wanted Adrian Peterson. but have becaome a big Joe Thomas fan,

Zombo

Rich probably prefers soccer...or ice dancing. ;)

I note here that it has been stated by Howie, originator of this thread, that the reason he became attracted to "American football" over even rugby is because it allows for blocking. Rugby doesn't. And who is gonna block of you don't have O linemen?

You are absolutely right. I love rugby but you can't throw blocks to aid the guy with the ball in open play. That's what I loved the first time I watched football. I love the way that JT can often be seen shedding a guy on a running play and throw blocks in 10 20 yards out from the line of scrimmage. He's often the first to high five the scorer in the end zone. If hated Allen can say he hates coming up against JT you know you have a beady at LT. I hope JT is a brown for hid entire caterer. Especially when we win the superbowl on the fiftieth anniversary of our last championship. You heard it here. I had a vision lady night! H.

Although my credits don't reflect it, I've been a member of this board since around 2005.

I was one of those who kept suggesting that the Browns draft Thomas... I was one of the charter members of the Joe Thomas camp..

It may have been the only time I was correct on this board (just kidding of course)..

Peace

T.Dawg

Although my credits don't reflect it, I've been a member of this board since around 2005.

I was one of those who kept suggesting that the Browns draft Thomas... I was one of the charter members of the Joe Thomas camp..

It may have been the only time I was correct on this board (just kidding of course)..

Peace

T.Dawg

Oh, NOW I remember you were ! (been working on the farm too strenuously)

Archived