THE BROWNS BOARD

With The 1St And 4Th Pick In The Nba Draft

With the draft about an hour away, the rumor mill's heating up. Bobcats, Bucks and Kings have already made a blockbuster trade involving lottery picks. There's reports we're trying to acquire a 3rd first round pick in the 20's range. Alot going on, I don't think I've ever been this excited for an NBA draft.

According to "sources" we've settled on Irving at 1 and Jonas V. at 4. One GM has said if he was drafting #1 overall he would take Jonas first, so he must be pretty good, I wouldn't be upset with the pick.

Who do you want with the first and forth selections? And maybe a sleeper in the middle rounds if we pick up another 1st round pick.

Williams and Knight since Irving and Williams won't happen.. That Jonas kid won't be able to play in US, Cavs need help now not in 2 to 3 years...

In one year.....maybe after January,

Williams is a tweener...forget the tweeners.

Irving is as sure a thing at PG as there is....he will be a top player at that position.

Irving may not end up the best player in this draft, but he is as sure as it gets, so I take that. Go with solid players who are going to be top players since this draft lacks a single "blockbuster" player.

Then go big....if Jonas is who the scouts like....so be it.

The 2nd pick is the key pick....that is the pick the scouts have to get right.

Cavs blew it again.

At least the Browns can draft semi-successfully. Wonder how long it is before Chris Grant is gone?

I just wish we could know who Grant would have actually picked! Thompson was Gilbert's pick...looks like he's running the show again!

Cavs blew it again.

At least the Browns can draft semi-successfully. Wonder how long it is before Chris Grant is gone?

You don't have a damn clue as to whether the Cavs blew it. That is something that we will all have to wait and see. However, I will make a prediction: Tristan Thompson will have a better NBA career than Williams.

At least we can pronounce the names of the Cavs draftees! lol

We DID get probably the best player in the draft in Irving & we'll see what happens with Thompson. My concern with him is his free throw shooting & limited range, but those may improve, & he is said to be excellent defensively. I also don't think the Cavs are even close to being done (trades & FA), so let's see what happens.

Mike

Thompson is not a top 4 talent. We have a PF almost identical to him in JJ Hickson. Who is our starting SG next year? SF? Center? Varajeo? LOL...

Ok, blind faith is obviously something you guys have.

We traded a SHOOTER stretch 4 in Harper for 2 FUTURE 2nd round (likely late 2nd round, because theyre from the Magic) picks. Why? No other needs on this team? Then we picked another PF, who will not even play for the Cavs..... He'd rather live in Tel Aviv and take rockets and mortars from HAMAS daily then play for our team...

So we have Over aged and paid Jamison, 4 PG's, and 6 PF's on this team.

Tell me what the plan is, tell me we're going to go after someone who can SCORE points.. we will be in the top 5 of the lottery again next year. I wouldn't mind, if not for the fact that Gilbert promised quick results... we had ASSETS available like Sessions, a TPE, HICKSON since we picked Thompson... and we made ZERO moves. I'm disappointed in the effort. After we picked Gilbert's sweetheart Thompson, he left to go play basketball with his kids. Telling that his day was done.

TPE expiring, Sessions or Baron Davis out, no worthwhile shooting options at SG and SF and no true center. Things are looking up, so glad we had such a great draft.

So you expected to solve all these problems with 2 picks? When there were only 2 guys worth a top 10 pick at all? When there were no SF or SG worth top 10?

You gotta have a trade partner to pull off a trade. If nobody wants the crap you got, why would they trade for it?

It isn't blind faith. Its being realistic about what options were really available.

At least we can pronounce the names of the Cavs draftees! lol

We DID get probably the best player in the draft in Irving & we'll see what happens with Thompson. My concern with him is his free throw shooting & limited range, but those may improve, & he is said to be excellent defensively. I also don't think the Cavs are even close to being done (trades & FA), so let's see what happens.

Mike

I wouldn't count on him getting much better at the free throw line.

That is as basic as it gets and takes up a nice chunk of practice...especially at the close of practice.

I also don't like the words used concerning his ability to shoot in general.

Bottom line is the guy is a rebound machine. If he can grab 6-8 O rebounds and another 8-10 on the defensive end, we can live with his shooting.

If he doesn't dominate the boards on a regular basis and play solid D, then it wasn't a very good pick.

To me defense is worth double.....if you prevent 6 points from being scored by blocking 3 shots, it's the same as allowing those points and scoring 12.

I wouldn't count on him getting much better at the free throw line.

That is as basic as it gets and takes up a nice chunk of practice...especially at the close of practice.

I also don't like the words used concerning his ability to shoot in general.

Bottom line is the guy is a rebound machine. If he can grab 6-8 O rebounds and another 8-10 on the defensive end, we can live with his shooting.

If he doesn't dominate the boards on a regular basis and play solid D, then it wasn't a very good pick.

To me defense is worth double.....if you prevent 6 points from being scored by blocking 3 shots, it's the same as allowing those points and scoring 12.

Even if he can get his freethrow percentage up to 65-70% I will take it. The dude is being compared to a Dennis Rodman type beast. I also think that he will play some three this year with JJ on the floor at the same time.

as long as he wins who gives a damn what he does off the court, excluding legal trouble

Why do you even care about the legal trouble?

I mean, Greg Little has 93 parking tickets. Who cares about his legal troubles?

Or, do you think that Little is what Bill Parcells calls a "May Day in Moscow" player?

So many red flags.

as long as he wins who gives a damn what he does off the court, excluding legal trouble

all i know is i don't want my starting power forward wearing drag out at the clubs at three in the morning. guess it's just me, though. forgot how everyone is soooo gay now along with being a bunch of politically correct pussies..

Why do you even care about the legal trouble?

I mean, Greg Little has 93 parking tickets. Who cares about his legal troubles?

Or, do you think that Little is what Bill Parcells calls a "May Day in Moscow" player?

So many red flags.

I meant more in terms of drugs/alchohol/violence. I could care less about unpayed parking tickets. Isn't Cribbs trying to prove that they are fraudulent anyways?

all i know is i don't want my starting power forward wearing drag out at the clubs at three in the morning. guess it's just me, though. forgot how everyone is soooo gay now along with being a bunch of politically correct pussies..

No. I don't care about being politically correct. I'm just saying if Cleveland winning a championship came at the price of one of our players wearing drag at a club I would take it in a second. Sure it is embarrassing, but WINNING is the most important thing in my opinion. Or we could just keep on losing while saying, "Hey its ok! Our players are COOL!"

I meant more in terms of drugs/alchohol/violence. I could care less about unpayed parking tickets. Isn't Cribbs trying to prove that they are fraudulent anyways?

No. I don't care about being politically correct. I'm just saying if Cleveland winning a championship came at the price of one of our players wearing drag at a club I would take it in a second. Sure it is embarrassing, but WINNING is the most important thing in my opinion. Or we could just keep on losing while saying, "Hey its ok! Our players are COOL!"

If one of our players is a them there homo then screw it, it ain't werth the embarrassment! I'd rather lose 70 games than have a sissyboy buttpumper out there on my court showing my kids it's okay to kiss a man on the weiner on spring break! Cuz you're in America and we don't stand for that sheeeeit and if you don't like it you can just geeeet out!

Honestly. Why do you even care about any episodes over their drugs/alcohol/violence....unless it leads them to being forced not to play or to not play up to their capability. These guys are not your friends or family, just sports figures that you follow. As long as they play their sport up to their capability, who cares WTF ever they are otherwise up to.

You want to worry about things? Here you go:

http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/p_NameSearch.aspx

There are thousands of name available for research and worry on this site.

Honestly. Why do you even care about any episodes over their drugs/alcohol/violence....unless it leads them to being forced not to play or to not play up to their capability. These guys are not your friends or family, just sports figures that you follow. As long as they play their sport up to their capability, who cares WTF ever they are otherwise up to.

You want to worry about things? Here you go:

http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/p_NameSearch.aspx

There are thousands of name available for research and worry on this site.

Because these issues lead to suspensions!

If one of our players is a them there homo then screw it, it ain't werth the embarrassment! I'd rather lose 70 games than have a sissyboy buttpumper out there on my court showing my kids it's okay to kiss a man on the weiner on spring break! Cuz you're in America and we don't stand for that sheeeeit and if you don't like it you can just geeeet out!

Maybe you should try being your kids role model and be the one to teach him/her right and wrong? Or is that only a celebrity's job nowadays? I'm only 24 and I don't have kids yet, but you better believe that I will be the one telling him/her what is right and wrong. If they look up to a 'sissyboy buttpumper' then tell them its wrong and explain what is right... it just seems so simple to me, but then again I've never gone through it.

Maybe you should try being your kids role model and be the one to teach him/her right and wrong? Or is that only a celebrity's job nowadays? I'm only 24 and I don't have kids yet, but you better believe that I will be the one telling him/her what is right and wrong. If they look up to a 'sissyboy buttpumper' then tell them its wrong and explain what is right... it just seems so simple to me, but then again I've never gone through it.

I was making fun of those who have a problem with whoever the hell supposedly wearing drag to a nightclub.

I don't care about that stuff at all. Kyrie Irving can blow 40 dudes in a bathroom stall at the Q pregame as long as he's shooting 70% and averaging 20 dimes a game. What people do on their own time is their own business. Hell, sometimes I fart in the shower...I wouldn't want people chastising me over my decisions, so what gives me the right to judge them?

What is wrong and what is right is actually a fungible commodity, is it not? At one point in time it was "right" to exclude a black person from playing professional football/baseball/basketball. At one time it was "right" to have separate schools, bathrooms, drinking fountains etc. for African-Americans. At one time it was right to be able to persecute and even execute Jews/Gypsies/Homosexuals. Do you think that is OK now? Or do you believe as this guy does:

What is wrong and what is right is actually a fungible commodity, is it not? At one point in time it was "right" to exclude a black person from playing professional football/baseball/basketball. At one time it was "right" to have separate schools, bathrooms, drinking fountains etc. for African-Americans. At one time it was right to be able to persecute and even execute Jews/Gypsies/Homosexuals. Do you think that is OK now? Or do you believe as this guy does:

haha love the mel brooks reference

My point was just being made towards whoever said they don't want their son to look up to a homosexual athlete. That's the parent's job to teach what they feel is right and wrong and not the athletes'.

Like in blazing saddles where they say "The new sheriff is a ni.........."

"The new point guard is a homo.." but who cares as long as he brings us a championship.

That being said, this conversation is gay.

I'm not the religious or anything but I believe science pretty much, without a shadow of a doubt, shows that a man and woman should be fcking not two dudes or two chicks....

For the visual learners among you... 8=========D~((@))

If you prefer the opposite of what nature intended, by all means have at it. But why does liking a penis in your butt make you want to scream it from the top of a mountain wearing bright pink spandex pants and feathers?

People want attention, looks like they've gotten it in New York. Good for them.

That being said, who gives a flying F U C K either way about our team's sexual orientation, race, or anything that doesn't involve the sport itself. WIN A GODDAMN CHAMPIONSHIP FOR CLEVELAND, SOMEONE, ANYONE, PLEASE...................

Apparently YOU are the one who give a fly eff you see kay.

Perhaps it is not those people who are screaming from the mountaintop. Perhaps it is you who pays too much attention to them even if they whisper it.

dude you should go into screenwriting. i fxxking laughed my ass off reading this!!

i don't care either about whether someone is gay or not i just like to stir the pot once in a while and get things going on this board.

i think rodman embarassed everyone from gay straight black white etc. etc. dude has problems.

I don't pay too much attention, the media does and its presented to me frequently.

Again, you contradict yourself. I see it as much or more than you do. You just pay more attention to it than I do....or you allow it to bother you much more than I do.

So? What did you think about that kiss between Capt. Kirk and Uhuru?

Archived