THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Did We Draft Again?

roach

July is upon us and i've never felt so disconnected to this team as i do now. i've forgotten most of the players except McCoy, Thomas, Cribbs, Haden and Pontbriand. i've never heard of the Head Coach, but i think his name is Shurmer. At this point, my only real interest in the team is that the organization is holding my season ticket dollars with both fists. The only way they'll let go is to get a better grip. They've got me by my dobble dobbles.

Who did we draft again?

July is upon us and i've never felt so disconnected to this team as i do now. i've forgotten most of the players except McCoy, Thomas, Cribbs, Haden and Pontbriand. i've never heard of the Head Coach, but i think his name is Shurmer. At this point, my only real interest in the team is that the organization is holding my season ticket dollars with both fists. The only way they'll let go is to get a better grip. They've got me by my dobble dobbles.

Who did we draft again?

I have been thinking the same thing, Ed. It's like the Browns are a way far off entity from years gone past. It almost feels like the move all over.

Well ...

In the first round we drafted Phil Taylor who isn't very sexy but fills a huge hole (literally)

In the second round we drafted a somewhat undersized defensive end Jabaal Sheard and a WR who didn't play at all last year

In the third round .... we drafted no one because we delt our pick

In the fourth round we drafted a power forward/tight end named Jordan Cameron who caught an eye popping 16 balls in his college career yet is clearly a pass catching TE and we drafted a fullback named Owen Marecic to essentially replace L. Vickers.

In the fifth round We grabbed Buster Skrine who is a fast SOB and a OL with a second round grade in Jason Pinkston from Pittsburgh (same school as Sheerd)

In the sixth we went the route as the third round

In the seventh Eric Hagg who seems to be a pretty decent crapshoot.

I threw some obvious jokes in there ... To be honest Little in my opinion is the steal of this draft. Sheard I do have mixed feelings about, but he is a Brown at the end of the day and I would love to see him pan out. Jordan Cameron is a dope athlete ... I just think he has a very similar skill set as Evan Moore. My biggest problem with that is this ... did we piss a way a pick in round 4 on a guy who isn't going to make the team?? It is hard for me to imagine us carrying 4 TE's on the team. Watson is a sure thing. I would think we need one blocking TE which would mean either Moore or Cameron are as good as gone. Personally I am an Evan Moore fan. Hopefully he sticks around. Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me. I really wanted Casey Matthews there.

I also like what I have read about Buster Skrine ... but I haven't seen a helluva lot of him so I can not really make a fair judgement of him yet.

Moore has health issues....ie he's rarely healthy. Still a risky pick I agree...but u never have any payouts unless u take a chance or 2.

That chance crashed and burned in hardestys first season, but u can't win em all. Seems to me they have been taking chances on great athletes that are raw and need to grow into the game. Which is fine by me....that's building for the long haul. Even if half these guys pan out, we have a good core in 2-3 years

I actually like all of our draft picks. Taylor should form a great pair with Rubin to plug up all the middle lanes, Sheard should add a serious pass rushing threat off the edge, Little has alot of potential at WR and I like how he tries to hit people, Cameron has the highest ceiling out of any TE in this draft and already has great Red Zone ability (no chance this guy doesn't make the final roster after the preseason, they drafted him to be a project so they will keep him on the roster and Moore who is far less athletically gifted has not had one full healthy NFL season, plus the Browns have carriered 4 TE's all the time, we still have Alex Smith on the roster). Marecic should be a great FB/special teams guy, Skrine has a high ceiling (4 different DB coaches in 4 years and still had 5 INT's in his 4 year in college) plus is crack cocaine fast, Pinkerson he the ability to be a future starter at either guard or tackle and Hagg can play in sub packages right off the bat and has a chance to be the future FS, plus even though he isn't fast when he got the chance to return his only punt in college he took it in for a TD.

Obviously this was meant as a rhetorical question because there has been so little buzz about the Browns and the NFL in general because of the labor dispute. That said, here is a draft for you:

guinness-draft1.jpg

Enjoy!

You're right. And, thanks, i needed that.

I know what you mean man.

I am a planner....I like to plan trips.

I think I know when I am going to go , but until I know for sure there is going to be a dance, I am not going to put on the tux.

Obviously this was meant as a rhetorical question because there has been so little buzz about the Browns and the NFL in general because of the labor dispute. That said, here is a draft for you:

guinness-draft1.jpg

Enjoy!

yummy!! this is soooo sexy we should probably move it to the hot cheerleaders thread. :P

no just kidding. but i'll move this paddy girl there:

09alisonpreston19.jpg

wHAT'S that pagan symbol doing in the frothy head?

What do you mean? Can't you see the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost in that image?

Ya feckin' heathen. I have a few words to say about you!:

1. You're as thick as manure but only half as useful

2. You have a face that would drive rats from a barn

3. You are seed, breed and spawn of an English whore

4. I never forget an Irish face but in your case I'll make an exception

5. May you melt off the earth like snow off the ditch.

6. May your pipe never smoke, may your teapot be broke

7. May your spade never dig may your sow never pig

8. May the cat eat you and the devil eat the cat

9.When you were born you were so ugly the nurse slapped your mother

10. You're as sharp as a beachball

Hope you have a lovely day :lol:

I know what you mean man.

I am a planner....I like to plan trips.

I think I know when I am going to go , but until I know for sure there is going to be a dance, I am not going to put on the tux.

That's just how me and the G man feel Peen. We have never left it this late to book our trip. I'm hoping that we should be OK come November but it would be nice to know for sure.

I have felt this to be the worst off season I can remember post expansion. I have filled my time reading Browns history books to keep my football addiction under control - problem is the more I read about the history of the team and what those guys did in the 50s and 60s the more pissed off I'm getting that today's greedy bastards on both sides can't get football back for us suckers who pay their god damned wages.

I might see if I can get me one of those hot tub time machines and go back to 64 and watch some real men playing football.

I can only imagine.

Y'all just need to come on anyway.

If there are no games, I'll make the trip to Cleveland for the weekend.

We'll twist Ed, Don's and Stan's arms and tailgate anyway. Maybe recruit a few of the homeless people who will be wandering the empty parking lot and get up a flag football game.

Any surface for that matter.

No need to worry mate....I have a feeling this will be the week we get some real news.

While the deal might not be done in full, I think it will in principal, allowing the lockout to be lifted by Thursday and FA to begin on Friday.

Archived