THE BROWNS BOARD

Top Ten Rookie Seasons Of All-Time

NguyenVance

NFL Total Access takes a look at the top ten rookie seasons of all-time.

10.NOAMUKONG SUH (2010)

9.RONNIE LOTT (1981)

8.ADRIAN PETERSON (2007)

7.JEVON KEARSE (1999)

6.EDGERRIN JAMES (1999)

5.GALE SAYERS (1965)

4.RANDY MOSS (1998)

3.LAWRENCE TAYLOR (1981)

2.DICK "NIGHT TRAIN" LANE (1952)

1.ERIC DICKERSON (1983)

Video:

http://dippic.com/zf0bhbfqxdui

Not to discount those 10 mentioned, but here are a couple of others that should warrant consideration:

Earl Campbell had 302 carries for 1450 yards and 13 TDs his rookie year (note: he only had about 100 yards less than Edg. James....but Campbell's rookie year was when they were still just playing 14 game seasons. James's was in a 16 game season)

Also Barry Sanders had 280 carries for 1450 yards and 14 TDs.

On a Browns note, I think you have to look at the rookie season Anthony Henry had. I believe his 10 interceptions in his rookie season is still a Browns record for interceptions in a season. (I checked, it is, tied with Thom Darden's 10 in 1978 and Tony Collela's 10 in 1946). But none of those were those players rookie season.

Of course, you do have to give it up to Dick Night Train Lane in this category. He still hold the record alone for ints. in a season with 14 his rookie year in 1952...in only 12 games.

Let's trade for Jake Long and put him at right tackle. I'm tired of people comparing JT with him.

Before anyone gets their buttholes in a bunch... obviously, I'm not being serious

It'd be great if we could pull that off though! We'd totally have the best O-line in the league!

• 2 weeks later...

Nugen as inn Ted Nugent-

it's only the most common surname in Indochina.....Vietnam and Phillipine Islands (PI)

get with it

No, I have never heard it pronounced that way by a native.

Remember Dat Nguyen. Pronounced N-win.

Or Nguyen Van Thieu, President of S. Vietname when were fighting over there? Pronounce "N-win van tyoo"

Archived