THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward Arrested In Ga For Dui, Lmfao!

Hines Ward arrested for DUI in Georgia

By MJD

hines_ward_arrested_for_dui_in_georgia.jpgHines Ward(notes), star wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers and widely regarded as one of the NFL's finest citizens, spent part of his Saturday morning in handcuffs after being arrested in Georgia for driving under the influence.

Not a lot of details are available just yet, but Ward was booked into the jail at 3:41 a.m. and then released on $1,000 bond.

Owing to his often violent, physical style of play, Ward is a polarizing figure on the field. Off the field, though, Ward was beyond reproach. He'd done a lot of work to benefit mixed-race children in South Korea, where he was born. President Obama even appointed him to the President's Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

Then, of course, Ward danced his way into everyone's heart as he won on ABC's Dancing with the Stars. The popularity he gained there makes his arrest much bigger news than it would have been if he was just a football player.

Mike Freeman of CBS Sports shared his thoughts on Hines:

[Ward's] arrest for alleged driving under the influence is a shock. It really is. Even in this hyper-cynical time, it is. Ward is the last player I'd pick to get busted for this. I've interviewed him probably 15-20 times and more importantly, I've interviewed others about him, and not just Steelers players. If you did a top five list for players respected off the field, Ward would make it.

More details as they become available.

Bit surprised to see this. I always had respect for him and how he played the game. His off-field was beyond reproach (prior to this.) He needs to be slammed hard for it. No excuse for a multi-millionaire to NOT get a taxi.

Ha it's kind of funny because 1. He was the type of character person on the team that they wanted Ben to copy and 2. he almost got arrested earlier this year for grand theft auto until the police realized they made a mistake.

Your sig is pretty funny bud...but It should be HvP...because you have a picture of the Predator there. :P

If you did a top five list for players respected off the field, Ward would make it.

yeah off the field. what about on the field? sure he's a great receiver BUT he's also one of the dirtiest cheap shot artist piece of shit in the league. one of many on the steelers roster. fxxk him and the shitssquirt steelers.

too bad sheriff bufford t. pusser wasn't on duty so he could've cracked him in the back of the skull blindside like he's done to so many players in the past.

Hines Ward arrested for DUI in Georgia

By MJD

hines_ward_arrested_for_dui_in_georgia.jpgHines Ward(notes), star wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers and widely regarded as one of the NFL's finest citizens, spent part of his Saturday morning in handcuffs after being arrested in Georgia for driving under the influence.

Not a lot of details are available just yet, but Ward was booked into the jail at 3:41 a.m. and then released on $1,000 bond.

Owing to his often violent, physical style of play, Ward is a polarizing figure on the field. Off the field, though, Ward was beyond reproach. He'd done a lot of work to benefit mixed-race children in South Korea, where he was born. President Obama even appointed him to the President's Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

Then, of course, Ward danced his way into everyone's heart as he won on ABC's Dancing with the Stars. The popularity he gained there makes his arrest much bigger news than it would have been if he was just a football player.

Mike Freeman of CBS Sports shared his thoughts on Hines:

[Ward's] arrest for alleged driving under the influence is a shock. It really is. Even in this hyper-cynical time, it is. Ward is the last player I'd pick to get busted for this. I've interviewed him probably 15-20 times and more importantly, I've interviewed others about him, and not just Steelers players. If you did a top five list for players respected off the field, Ward would make it.

More details as they become available.

Obama states he will appoint HW President of the President's Advisory Commission of Drunken Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders

OK, fine. The Steelers QB is a rapist. Their RB is a supporter of terrorists, and the WR is a drunk driver...and some smirk about that.

But...none of their problems helps the Browns beat them. Despite their foibles, they have obviously been able to compartmentalize and not have those thing affect their on field performance.

Personally, I don't give a damn about their off field lives.

The truth is, I would much rather hear that these guys had an ACL tear, or an achilles heel tear, or a herniated disk. Not that I wish harm on them, but, if they are going to have trouble I would rather it be the kind that affects their play, not whether they have to spend a night in a drunk tank, or whether they are thought a dumbass with their remarks or their actions.

I would much rather they fumble 5 times in their Browns games than that they go through all this silliness.

Again, frankly, I would rather they be bad football players than that they be bad people.

OK, fine. The Steelers QB is a rapist. Their RB is a supporter of terrorists, and the WR is a drunk driver...and some smirk about that.

But...none of their problems helps the Browns beat them. Despite their foibles, they have obviously been able to compartmentalize and not have those thing affect their on field performance.

The truth is, I would much rather hear that these guys had an ACL tear, or an achilles heel tear, or a herniated disk. Not that I wish harm on them, but, if they are going to have trouble I would rather it be the kind that affects their play, not whether they have to spend a night in a drunk tank, or whether they are thought a dumbass with their remarks or their actions.

I would much rather they fumble 5 times in their Browns games than that they go through all this silliness.

Again, frankly, I would rather they be bad football players than that they be bad people.

GREAT post! That being said, the one thing I do (sort of) enjoy is seeing that this franchise is not better than others based off of character. (Every smug Steelers fan I've ever dealt with always falls back on 6 rings and Character). I can still claim more championships (even if they weren't SB...and if they weren't recent) and can at least squash the character issue too.

Besides which...the more the character issues arise...the weaker the team is looking...and since character is an inside thing...that means that it'll go fast when it does go. They'll be on top of the world...then fall from grace like the Cowboys.

GREAT post! That being said, the one thing I do (sort of) enjoy is seeing that this franchise is not better than others based off of character. (Every smug Steelers fan I've ever dealt with always falls back on 6 rings and Character). I can still claim more championships (even if they weren't SB...and if they weren't recent) and can at least squash the character issue too.

Besides which...the more the character issues arise...the weaker the team is looking...and since character is an inside thing...that means that it'll go fast when it does go. They'll be on top of the world...then fall from grace like the Cowboys.

Here is the difference. The Steeler organization expects certain things from their players and if and when they drop the ball they actually feel bad about it. It's not a "oops whatever" moment. The Steelers are a better team from a character stand point than many other teams in the league. The Rooney's are the best in the business and it all trickles down. There are rumors floating around that ward wasn't even impaired and wrongfully diagnosed as to drunk to drive. I guess we'll see how things shake out but there isn't going to be a "fall from grace" The ownership in place won't let that happen. You'd think after all these years "rivals" in the AFC north would finally come to that realization. Some day I guess, some day.

Here is the difference. The Steeler organization expects certain things from their players and if and when they drop the ball they actually feel bad about it. It's not a "oops whatever" moment. The Steelers are a better team from a character stand point than many other teams in the league. The Rooney's are the best in the business and it all trickles down. There are rumors floating around that ward wasn't even impaired and wrongfully diagnosed as to drunk to drive. I guess we'll see how things shake out but there isn't going to be a "fall from grace" The ownership in place won't let that happen. You'd think after all these years "rivals" in the AFC north would finally come to that realization. Some day I guess, some day.

They certainly do have (arguably) the best ownership in the NFL (though some would go with the GB Packers)...but that being said, they've had a rather tough outing lately with some of their better players. Big Ben, Santonio Holmes (who was traded), Hines Ward (whether drunk or not, was not driving safely after 3am...so there's still a certain level of issues present), at least 1 of their linebackers (I believe it is Harrison) had some domestic violence issues.

Steeler owners can be as upset as they want, but it's still showing a trend that doesn't bode well. I still think that (whether Ward was drunk or not) the signs are pointing towards a downward trend there. It won't be broken overnight...but it sure looks like it could lead to something that would be (in my eyes) bad for the AFCN.

With the Ravens defensive key players (not including Ngata obviously) aging rapidly...I don't see them staying on top much longer. I don't want the AFCN to become like the NFCW...where it's more about who Sucks the Least than who is the best of the best.

The Steelers are no better nor any different character wise than any other team in the league. And don't tell us the Rooney's won't let things like that happen. The past is myriad with bad character players, some who have stayed, some who have gone. Just like any other team. The ONLY thing the Steelers have had is more continuity in their football operation and better coaching....and here and there some better players. That is it, plain and simple. If they had had poor football players and lousy coaching and a lack of continuity their owners insistence on their players having character (which I don't believe exists) wouldn't mean a cabbage fart to any one of their fans if they were losing.

its driving under the influence homo...not driving while intoxicated.

meaning, its not simply alcohol that can land u in jail....he could be a pill popper, which isn't any better to be located behind the wheel during a binge.

explain the failed field sobriety test at 3am.....i suppose a man that gets paid bank to be in control of his body suddenly couldnt keep his balance to walk a straight line....right?

I haven't gone anywhere. I just haven't been posting. I'm here at least once a day.

Yeah, there's not a hell of a lot to post about with the players and owners fighting on how to spit up $9 billion or so. Wake me up when it's over. At least I get a full refund on my season tickets.

And an arrest doesn't necessarily mean a conviction- you got enough money (Ward) or notoriety (Casey Anthony) to get the best lawyers, it's amazing what they can do. :)

F the rooneys and all the other shanty donkey potato eating scumbag thieves. here's a pic of them getting off the boat:

htfimgcache32642.jpg

i hate to say it but the patriots have the best ownership and FO over the last fifteen years. teams pull away coaches and players from their ranks every year and they still compete with 6th round draft picks and unsigned players without the irish mob behind them.

i'm sure that old man rooney in his hoverround still counts the sheckles in his pot of gold from underneath his bed every night with a candle lit making sure no little green dressed midgets are scheming on him.

The Gipper Wrote:

Sad, I'd think you rather hear that your team was packed with elite skill players who could beat the Steelers without the aid of injuries or inept football play. Personally, I really don't care about the players off-field lives. The justice system should see that they are appropriately punished for their illegal actions off the field.

The Gipper Wrote:

Sad, I'd think you rather hear that your team was packed with elite skill players who could beat the Steelers without the aid of injuries or inept football play. Personally, I really don't care about the players off-field lives. The justice system should see that they are appropriately punished for their illegal actions off the field.

Yes, of course I would rather have that.....but that wasn't the point of this thread. The subject of this thread was how embarassing several of the Steeler players have become in their off field lives. From Whines Hard going DUI to Mendenhall supporting Al-Qaeda terrorists to BR being an alleged multiple rapist and now this gem from James Harrison:

Heavily fined Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in a magazine article.

The 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year hasn't been shy about ripping the league after he was docked $100,000 for illegal hits last season. In the August issue of Men's Journal, his rants against Goodell reach another level of wrath.

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," ''puppet" and "dictator."

What a complete and utter punk Harrison is for spewing this shit. He and the others have embarrassed themselves and the Steeler organization. So don't you and Homotron come on here and give us this holier than thou crap about the Steeler's being an organization that doesn't tolerate bad character. They are ripe with bad character.

Nevertheless, my point is simply that I would have rather seen these Steeler players be squeaky clean, but suffer debilitating injuries than be dickheads and still be on the field playing well.

So, good for you: you've got a bunch of dickheads who play well instead of a bunch of choir boys who are injured or who suck.

Frankly, for the Browns, I would take the dickheads who play well over a bunch of choir boys who can't play.

The Gipper Wrote:

So don't you and Homotron come on here and give us this holier than thou crap about the Steeler's being an organization that doesn't tolerate bad character.

If you look over my past posts, I'm not one to espouse "holier than thou crap" about the Steelers or the Rooney's. I want my millionaires to kick the shit out of your millionaires, and I don't really care what they do off the field. I expect the justice system to punish any criminal to the full extent of the law.

The Gipper Wrote:

If you look over my past posts, I'm not one to espouse "holier than thou crap" about the Steelers or the Rooney's. I want my millionaires to kick the shit out of your millionaires, and I don't really care what they do off the field. I expect the justice system to punish any criminal to the full extent of the law.

Fair enough then.

F the rooneys and all the other shanty donkey potato eating scumbag thieves. here's a pic of them getting off the boat:

htfimgcache32642.jpg

i hate to say it but the patriots have the best ownership and FO over the last fifteen years. teams pull away coaches and players from their ranks every year and they still compete with 6th round draft picks and unsigned players without the irish mob behind them.

i'm sure that old man rooney in his hoverround still counts the sheckles in his pot of gold from underneath his bed every night with a candle lit making sure no little green dressed midgets are scheming on him.

Spygate. Rooney and his hoverround? He was the ambassador to Ireland. Last I checked the man is still very involved and gets around just fine. Pretty ignorant comment all things considered.

Archived