THE BROWNS BOARD

Carlton Mitchell Is Hilarious

blowe

He gave a pretty good interview too regarding this. Was amusing. That being said, I see this...and it reminds me of a young Chad Johnson. There's talent, but there's a certain level of brashness/ego there too.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a young Chad Johnson (I was amused by his various TD celebrations) so long as he isn't fighting with the QB and such. (I'd take CJ over TO anyday of the week!)

He gave a pretty good interview too regarding this. Was amusing. That being said, I see this...and it reminds me of a young Chad Johnson. There's talent, but there's a certain level of brashness/ego there too.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a young Chad Johnson (I was amused by his various TD celebrations) so long as he isn't fighting with the QB and such. (I'd take CJ over TO anyday of the week!)

Chad Johnson was a beast of a WR in his prime... he was a pretty funny guy too. Unfortunately, his team was terrible and instead of focusing on winning he focused on being funny. I would have liked to see him play on an elite team in his prime.

If Mitchell turns out anything like CJ then this will be such a draft steal. What round did we get him in? 7th? I just know it was a late round..

Oh and I saw the interview too.. good stuff!

I believe he was a 6th rounder...but yeah, if he has that kind of talent, then I'd be happy. If he does have that kind of talent, then I can easily see why H&H like him so much.

However, that's just Believeland Optimism brewing...and I do tend to suffer from a lot of that during every offseason. :P

Mitchell is nowhere near a Chad Johnson in the character department. He is a religious kid who is very into working out and not really all that exciting, he just has a sense of humor on FB and Twitter. He's a momma's boy.

Of note in the football department: He mentioned to me on FB that he has not caught a pass with his body since camp last year. That's a good thing, cuz the knock on him was consistency with the hands. This kid has a real shot at making it, he has all the talent and work ethic, plus he is not a nob.

Mitchell is nowhere near a Chad Johnson in the character department. He is a religious kid who is very into working out and not really all that exciting, he just has a sense of humor on FB and Twitter. He's a momma's boy.

Of note in the football department: He mentioned to me on FB that he has not caught a pass with his body since camp last year. That's a good thing, cuz the knock on him was consistency with the hands. This kid has a real shot at making it, he has all the talent and work ethic, plus he is not a nob.

Hate to break it to you Riff but Chad Johnson isn't any different than the above. He's actually a really likable guy off the field from what I've seen and read and been told by a few people I know that have met him in various NFL circles. I would have taken Chad Johnson at any point in his career on the Steelers. He put on the show in Cincy because the organization could do sh.it otherwise.

Hate to break it to you Riff but Chad Johnson isn't any different than the above. He's actually a really likable guy off the field from what I've seen and read and been told by a few people I know that have met him in various NFL circles. I would have taken Chad Johnson at any point in his career on the Steelers. He put on the show in Cincy because the organization could do sh.it otherwise.

You know less than I thought, cuz you and "the know" in your circle of experts must have missed the memo that this guy is more than just an amiable sort on or off the field--he is a nob, plain and simple. He has constantly put himself above and beyond the team with his actions, been a distraction and BTW hasn't been the greatest receiver around. His route running is inconsistent at best and his hands have also been questionable at times, so when you factor in all the bullshit this guy brings to the table he is much different than a kid like Carlton Mitchell. You seem to forget that Johnson has caused all kinds of past issues in Cincy demanding trades and everything else. Quiet as kept he is also a big reason for Palmer completely wanting out. Now, playing wise I doubt Mitchell ever makes it to Johnson's level, but he has a lot of talent and the requisite skill set and work ethic.

Don't compare a kid like Mitchell who is having some innocent fun with Twitter and Facebook to a clown like Chad Johnson. It's always a pleasure to hear your expert wisdom as to who you want on your Steelers and for you reminding us of how great the Rooney's run things----they are top notch Snapper!! Do they have a Community Award or something they can offer to a great fan like you? It's guys like you who keep the great Steeler's franchise running at a premium level, you should be rewarded somehow.

it's cool that he has a sense of humor.......god knows a lot of that has dried up with the economy BUT can the dude play? so is it the fault of the coaching staff that drafted him that he hasn't made a dent into this league? i hope he pans out. i hope hardesty pans out. but there's gotta be a reason the guy didn't see the field under the likes of massaqua(sp) and robiskie.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to see him on the field last year a bit more to see what he could do in game situations. He's been working on his weakest part of his game, so here's hoping we've got lightning in a bottle and gotten a late round pick who can be a real solid player for us.

You've got to love his size and speed combination at WR. You've got to imagine the WR starting positions are ALL up for grabs. Chance of a lifetime for this kid.

Archived