THE BROWNS BOARD

Michael Irvin Is On The Cover Of Out Magazine

You know, pretty cool in my book. Say all the gay shit you want. Dude's drug use is coming to fruition. He is maning up. Takes some courage to talk about this. Good for him

"Michael Irvin's always been a passionate guy. He played with passion as he helped the Dallas Cowboys win three Super Bowls, and he speaks passionately now that he's paid to talk about the game.

His passion has most recently turned towards the gay community. The Playmaker now sees it as his mission in life to fight homophobia and bring people closer together.

To that end, he's on the current cover of Out magazine, a publication that deals with gay men's fashion, entertainment and lifestyle. Inside, Irvin opens up about his days as a young, homophobic player in the NFL, the cross-dressing homosexual brother who made him (eventually) change his attitudes, what he's doing about it now, and what life might be like for a gay player in today's NFL.

It's a fascinating read, and even having been a fan of Irvin's for years, it's a side of him about which I had no idea. Here are some snippets."

MORE

I've got no problem with Irving posing in that mag. I really have no problem with gay people. Know and have known plenty of them.

My question is will there eventually be an openly gay player in a major US sport soon? It's gotta happen sooner or later There is that Rugby play Gareth Thomas who came out while still playing in the UK.

I remember a news story about a fellow who outed himself in the NBA. Don't belive he is in the league anymore. Maybe the league could form

a team of outed players only. How 'bout The Gay Magic for a team name? jest sayin...

I've got no problem with Irving posing in that mag. I really have no problem with gay people. Know and have known plenty of them.

My question is will there eventually be an openly gay player in a major US sport soon? It's gotta happen sooner or later There is that Rugby play Gareth Thomas who came out while still playing in the UK.

I think Steve Nash just came out this year.

I have no issues with him taking a stand for what he believes in.. its admirable.

I just don't understand why he is all greased up, shirtless, and wearing pads for the cover... seems excessively gay for someone who claims not to be.. not my business though so I don't really care

Just as long as they dont wear orange and brown they can be as gay as the day is long.

Everyone knows that the Steelers employ the gayest football players so Dallas must be runnerup.

this whole thread was good, until this really ignorant statement

Archived