THE BROWNS BOARD

Gop Debt Ceiling Ace In The Hole

calfoxwc

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/07/14/gops-big-debt-ceiling-card-obamas-birthday-bash/

GOP Debt Ceiling Ace in the Hole: Obama’s Birthday Bash

by Keith Koffler on July 14, 2011, 12:09 pm

Oh boy, this is going to look bad.

The Republicans may not realize it, but they have an extra point of leverage in the debt ceiling talks: Barack Obama’s birthday.

It’s on Aug. 4. The president is turning 50. He’s decided to have a quiet celebration with family and a few close friends.

NOT.

Instead, the president is planning an extravagant fundraising bash Aug. 3 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, including a birthday concert teeming with celebrities and – for couples contributing $35,800 – a private dinner with the president. All this just one day after the government is scheduled to run out of cash!

Undoubtably, the sight of so much money getting thrown around and dissolute stars crooning to Obama will make a stirring contrast with a federal government bankruptcy featuring unpaid government workers, seniors and soldiers wondering how they’ll afford the groceries, shuttered national parks, and angry investors trying to cash out their Treasury Bills.

If the government defaults, you can be sure the birthday bacchanal will do much more to harm Obama’s reelection prospects than help them. Maybe House GOP Majority Leader Eric Cantor, who has been refusing to back down while needling Obama to the extent that the president stomped out of a White House meeting yesterday, already knows this.

The excitement kicks off at 4 pm with a concert that may feature singer Jennifer Hudson and other A-List stars, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

To show that hope and change is for everyone, a pauper section will be included for those contributing a measly $50. But the general admission ticket is $200, and the more you give, the more you get.

For $1,000, you can sit in the rich people’s area with easy access to alcohol. And for $10,000 you not only get a great seat, but a photo with The Birthday Boy.

Perhaps Timothy Geithner will be doing stand up comedy at a smaller room elsewhere in Chicago the same night, with all proceeds going to fund the federal government.

I get that you can't stand Obama, but do you really think it makes a difference anymore who or what party is in charge? Both the "Ds" and the "Rs" are so damn corrupt, I don't believe it matters.

Look at our situation in Ohio...we have a Governor & state legislature who have total control ("Rs") and despite public opposition, do what they want anyhow. They are elected REPRESENTATIVES by the people, yet, who do they REPRESENT?

Ds, Rs....they both SUCK.

well, Mr. Bob - you have a point there - it isn't the first time it's been noted.

Here in Ohio - we NEEDED to have Republicans take over, because Ohio was going

the way of Wisconsin and several other Democratic states - buying votes with extreme entitlement

deficit spending. It's what they do. That's why they have all the "gimme" special interests on their side -

NEA, OEA, gay groups, the poor, the lackluster, the sloths, the moochers - every one of the

extremely hateful entitlement groups. Those huge deficits simply cannot be sustained, never/ever - for very long.

The Republicans get the short end of the stick - they want to encourage business opportunities, keep taxes low,

and adhere to the Constitution, our Bill of Rights, and our social institutions and mores.

It's a never ending battle, and we all, we Americans, keep adjusting course of our good and greatest ship, U.S.S. America.

Now, there are those sickoes who want to sink the ship, and build a new one called the "U.S. of Marxism Slavery" instead, because

they emote that it will float higher, on air, and little tiny golden pieces of eight will rain down from the sky for everybody... @@

But sure, there are sleazeballs in both parties. But the Dems whole idealogy is sleazeball, at least here in our U.S.A.

I swear, I should at least get a tiny little salary for writing this stuff. :rolleyes:

Interesting points....here is my disclaimer before I piss you off (and then blow a possible stipend deal for you, lol)....the Republicans in Ohio have held the Governor's mansion (except K-Sick, he is special and doesn't stay there, costing all taxpayers extra $$) for 16 out of the last 20 years. Ohio Legislature, I'm not sure that's the case.

I am not a "D," just pointing that out.

Gridlock over partisan politics is sinking the ship, IMHO.....not what our great forefathers envisioned in the 1770s.

Yeah, but Rhodes was a knuckehead, and the rest of them were idiots.

Gilligan was a gov version of Jimmy Carter as president....

we here in Ohio we elect some of the nation's worst governors. I don't know why. It's like Cleveland and the worst mayors....

"K-sicK" (that's pretty good... @@ was my choice because the other idiot was sending us over a cliff, and his

lt gov was extremely anti-gun.)... was my choice, but I can see that their issue 5 thing went way, way, way too far.

That is stupid. I think I may have to call their office and ask them some pointed questions about it.

I mean, Dennis Kucinich all these years? Right there is a huge indication of a really huge problem here in Ohio.....

Archived