THE BROWNS BOARD

I Need Your Thoughts

Well I have been pretty busy this summer and have not had much time to hit the theatre, but we did watch 'The Adjustment Bureau' on Friday night.

There were points in the movie that I was hoping Jason Bourne would show up and take control and stop all of the interference. But Bourne looks like he may have lost a step in his old age. But he did do well in taking chances and went against all odds while ......well you will have to watch the movie to see.

Hey

What are some big summer movies you liked or hated?

I'm gonna try to do a compilation if I get enough feedback.

For instance Harry Potter?

I'm on the island and can't get to a theater.

Thanks in advance!

WSS

A couple of movies I saw recently pal: Yes, of course Harry Potter. The only thing about it is that it seemed short..slightly under 2 hours. It left out some things from the book, but I understand why. Dumbledore's "back story" was basically ignored. It was prominent in the book, but from the movie standpoint it would have been a digression that may have seemed to get the movie off track. (So that is why I understood it). The one plot change I don't understand is that in the end Harry breaks the Elder wand in two and throws it into a canyon, where in the book he reburies it with Dumbledore. Grade: A-

The other one was "Horrible Bosses". It was only an occasionally funny movie. Let's face it, the supporting actors, Spacey, Jennifer Anniston, and Colin Farrell, were much better than the three leads, Justin Bateman etc.

The one thing I did like....and this is the dirty old man coming out in me, is the dirty sexy image that Jennifer Anniston had for this film. When she asks "when are you going to f**k me" and "I want you to slap me in the face with you cock" all I can say is: whoa! It is only a C otherwise though.

I need to cut and bale hay, get the weeds out and mulch the rest of the 1,000 tomato plants....

We don't have a chance to go see any movies. But Harry Potter and the latest Pirates movie are tops on the list.

We need a short vacation. Maybe the Smokie Mountains in Tennessee in August....

My novel would make a great movie.... @@

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of movies I saw recently pal: Yes, of course Harry Potter. The only thing about it is that it seemed short..slightly under 2 hours. It left out some things from the book, but I understand why. Dumbledore's "back story" was basically ignored. It was prominent in the book, but from the movie standpoint it would have been a digression that may have seemed to get the movie off track. (So that is why I understood it). The one plot change I don't understand is that in the end Harry breaks the Elder wand in two and throws it into a canyon, where in the book he reburies it with Dumbledore. Grade: A-

The other one was "Horrible Bosses". It was only an occasionally funny movie. Let's face it, the supporting actors, Spacey, Jennifer Anniston, and Colin Farrell, were much better than the three leads, Justin Bateman etc.

The one thing I did like....and this is the dirty old man coming out in me, is the dirty sexy image that Jennifer Anniston had for this film. When she asks "when are you going to f**k me" and "I want you to slap me in the face with you cock" all I can say is: whoa! It is only a C otherwise though.

I just saw the Potter movie, and haven't read the books so my opinion is based on the movie alone. Agreed it's on the short side- when you're used to those 3 hour 30 minute LOTR extended versions. :) Almost over the top on FX, though enjoyable. I'll give it a solid B.

Archived