THE BROWNS BOARD

Jersey Trade/swap

Harry Buffalo

Does anyone know of a website where you can trade things like Jerseys and coats that don't fit anymore. I recently lost a ton of weight and none of my stuff fits me right. I don't mind about my shirts and pants not fitting me but my Hillis jersey is like wearing a poncho and my North Face winter coat as enough room for two. You would think there would be a kind of exchange site for more expensive items like this but I have yet to find one. I no this is partially off topic but my main concern IS to have a Browns jersey that fits me by the time the season starts and I am not willing to go out and buy a new one when the one I have is less than a year old and in perfect condition.

Give it to the Salvation Army, or give it to a fat friend who is a Browns fan. And bite the bullet and buy a new one if it is important enough to you.

Or, bring it to one of the board's tailgate parties. Maybe you'll find someone that will give you some bucks for it.

It the Reebok replica jersey, cost $85 brand new. The Jersey itself is in perfect condition, I only wore it about 5 times since I got it around the end of the season last year. It's a XXL and if you want to buy it straight up I would be willing to sell it for $50. I would trade it for a small browns jersey that is a L, the jersey only has to be of a current playing player and in decent condition.

I'm sure he would to but I am only trade for jersey's of CURRENT players, not past players.

How about a Jim Brown jersey? Or an Ozzie Newsome jersey? Or an Otto Graham jersey.

My belief is that it is complete and utter folly to invest in a current player's jersey, because it could turn out to be a waste of money. Like the guy with the Brady Quinn jersey.

If it were me, I would take the proven commodity: an #32, a #14, a #76. Maybe an 82 or a 19.

(Just for your info, I don't own any of these jerseys. I just have "Browns" stuff. Shirts, hats T-shirts...and oh yes, my famous "Serape")

It the Reebok replica jersey, cost $85 brand new. The Jersey itself is in perfect condition, I only wore it about 5 times since I got it around the end of the season last year. It's a XXL and if you want to buy it straight up I would be willing to sell it for $50. I would trade it for a small browns jersey that is a L, the jersey only has to be of a current playing player and in decent condition.

I think XXL might be a little large for my svelte physique, but maybe you should hold on to it for the Winter, when you can pile a couple of coats on underneath.

Zombo

How about a Jim Brown jersey? Or an Ozzie Newsome jersey? Or an Otto Graham jersey.

My belief is that it is complete and utter folly to invest in a current player's jersey, because it could turn out to be a waste of money. Like the guy with the Brady Quinn jersey.

If it were me, I would take the proven commodity: an #32, a #14, a #76. Maybe an 82 or a 19.

(Just for your info, I don't own any of these jerseys. I just have "Browns" stuff. Shirts, hats T-shirts...and oh yes, my famous "Serape")

I can see getting a jersey of a past legend (except Ozzie) but not to wear. I really don't get why grown men run out and buy and wear a jersey with the name of another grown man on it. Just seems a bit silly.

I can see getting a jersey of a past legend (except Ozzie) but not to wear. I really don't get why grown men run out and buy and wear a jersey with the name of another grown man on it. Just seems a bit silly.

Are you saying its "gay" to show such man love? Perhaps, but I think it is just fans being fans. I have never bought a jersey or anything with a player's name on it...but not because I think it is gay. It is just that I always felt more supportive of the team rather than an individual player.

Congrats on the weight loss.

I have lost 90 lbs over the last 3 years.

I don't know of any sites....as some said, use it during the colder months when you need a sweat shirt or two underneath and get a new one for the warmer months if you feel the need to wear a jersey.

A polo early in the season and a polo and a sweater vest or windbreaker usually work fine until sometime in Oct.

Windbreakers give you the colors and allow various non Browns accessories to keep you comfortable.

Archived