THE BROWNS BOARD

Top 5 Free Agent Tackles

Mr. T

Top five tackles

1. Doug Free, 27, Cowboys. Free is still developing his athletic skills and has the ability to blossom into an elite left tackle, which is why Cowboys officials mulled using the franchise tag on him. Because a young, capable left tackle is tough to find, expect the Cowboys to step up financially to keep him.

2. Matt Light, 32, Patriots. Although New England's offensive line is coming off a strong season and Light was a key part of that, his age is a concern. He's on the downside of a fine career, and teams need to be wary of spending too much to get a well-established player.

3. Tyson Clabo, 29, Falcons. He has been a gritty, lunchpail-type lineman who has stuck in the league after not being drafted. At 6-6, 331, he’s an ideal right tackle for the Falcons' run blocking system.

4. Jared Gaither, 24, Ravens. Gaither missed all of the 2010 season with a back injury, and with Michael Oher taking over for him at left tackle, he is expendable. Gaither wants to continue playing left tackle, and if the CBA circumstances allow him to be unrestricted, other teams will be greatly interested in him because of his age and budding talent.

5. Jermon Bushrod, 26, Saints. Bushrod has had many ups and downs as Drew Brees’ blindside protector the past two years. As one of the few left tackles on the market with successful starting experience, however, he deserves a look.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-02/nfl-free-agency/story/2011-nfl-free-agency-dont-expect-cowboys-free-to-reach-market#ixzz1SbxlV8Zo

you dont want bushrod......hes only on the list because hes started on the saints line the past 2 seasons

he was never meant to be a starter and shouldnt be considered one. lots of people say he could play right side but hes a left tackle without feet...not worth the time

I like Clabo....young, entering his prime, and playing well.

A five year deal would be a no brainer for me.

Pashos is a good player except he has a history of not playing much.

Womack.....he is a top tier 2nd guy at RT....low tier starter at RT, mid grade starter at guard.

Lauvao....I see him as a good guard and only a patch job at RT.

I sign Clabo at let him and Pashos settle that.

Let the "Chop" and Lauvao settle who starts at RG.

O line is one position I don't mind keeping 10 players.

This flip-flopping crap doesn't work, and patch work on the line usually spells low scoring on your point, and low scoring usually spells LOSS.

Some contend O-linemen are a dime a dozen.

I contend they never played the game, and or, don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Pashos is mr glass! He doesnt even seem like he wants to play. He reminds me of that Retarded center we signed from San Diego a few years back. Who retired as soon as he was going to have to play..

We need a major upgrade on the right side..

Pashos is mr glass! He doesnt even seem like he wants to play. He reminds me of that Retarded center we signed from San Diego a few years back. Who retired as soon as he was going to have to play..

We need a major upgrade on the right side..

I totally agree...this is the one area on the team I want to see addressed above all others.

Archived