THE BROWNS BOARD

My Official Free Agent Wishlist

Lets just start it right off.

The defensive end front is looking very solid. I love the drafting of Jabaal Sheard. Phil Taylor is an unknown for me, but if we pick up Charles Johnson or Ray Edwards, we may actually be able to stop the run for a change.

I would love to pick up Mark Herzlich as a linebacker. Otherwise, we are ok in that department.

My wishlist for safety goes: Donte Whitner, Quintin Mikell, and Eric Weddle. All three of those would fill that hole sufficiently.

As for offense, we need a solid right tackle. I dont know who is out there on the market, but if we can get a right tackle who is above average or can at least hold his own, I am all for it. We are good on running back, although I would take an undrafted FA who is a speed back to change the pace.

My wishlist for Wide Receiver goes: Sidney Rice, Vincent Jackson, Derrick Mason, Randy Moss. Ill take any of those.

There you have it. Whats your wishlist look like?

The defensive end front is looking very solid. I love the drafting of Jabaal Sheard. Phil Taylor is an unknown for me, but if we pick up Charles Johnson or Ray Edwards, we may actually be able to stop the run for a change.

I would love to pick up Mark Herzlich as a linebacker. Otherwise, we are ok in that department.

My wishlist for safety goes: Donte Whitner, Quintin Mikell, and Eric Weddle. All three of those would fill that hole sufficiently.

As for offense, we need a solid right tackle. I dont know who is out there on the market, but if we can get a right tackle who is above average or can at least hold his own, I am all for it. We are good on running back, although I would take an undrafted FA who is a speed back to change the pace.

My wishlist for Wide Receiver goes: Sidney Rice, Vincent Jackson, Derrick Mason, Randy Moss. Ill take any of those.

Not Jackson or Moss for sure. C-A-N-C-E-R. Sorry, but the the Browns are not going to contend this year- so bringing in an over the hill vet isn't going to happen. Especially someone like Moss who's worn out his welcome on every team he's ever played on.

Whitner? OK, Cleveland guy, and only 26.

And we are NOT OK at linebacker. We're potentially OK at RT, assuming Pashos is healthy, and can stay healthy. Go for depth. ESPN put DL as a need for the Browns and I totally agree.

You didn't mention cornerback. Eric Wright is now an unrestrcited free agent. Sheldon Brown is old. We've got to fill that slot, even if we re-sign Wright.

Zombo

Whitner? OK, Cleveland guy, and only 26.

Hasn't he had a few good years in Buffalo?

Is it fair to say that other than Joe Haden, he is better than any other cornerback we have? (including Sheldon Brown and Wright)

And we are NOT OK at linebacker. We're potentially OK at RT, assuming Pashos is healthy, and can stay healthy. Go for depth. ESPN put DL as a need for the Browns and I totally agree.

Yes, I agree, but I also agree that linebacker is shaky for us. Perhaps even shakier than DL now that we have Taylor and Sheard.

Wish List-

CB-Jonathan Joseph

FS-Eric Weddle

DE-Charles Johnson

These are a few of the top players i would be targeting,there all still young and have upside we need to stay away from over the hill type players who we are used to signing.

Bring in Moss and Plaxico and Benson. Any of these players can help the Browns win September home games.

Roll the dice and see what pans out. Moss is a future HOF er and benson is coming off two consecutive

1000 yards rushing seasons. Plaxico, well who knows.

Benson has averaged 3.6 ypc during his stint with bears and bengals. He is unrestricted and ain' the most

popular guy in town at the moment. Value there.

Tully Banta-Cain cut from Patriots

Banta-Cain wouldn't be a bad acquisition. He brings experience and productivity, without being too far over the hill (he's 30). He's from both a winning culture (Patriots) and a losing culture (49ers).

He's a great pass rusher, and that's something we definitely need. The only problem is that he more than likely won't be an everydown backer, and will probably only see the field in passing situations.

Giving up already?

Just being realistic. You seriously think the Browns can contend this year? Totally new coaching staff, new system. The rookies are going to have their heads spinning well into October without the benefit of OTAs.

It's better to set the bar low, and be surprised when the Browns exceed it, than expect the playoffs and watch the team go in the toilet.

Bring in Moss and Plaxico and Benson. Any of these players can help the Browns win September home games.

Roll the dice and see what pans out. Moss is a future HOF er and benson is coming off two consecutive

1000 yards rushing seasons. Plaxico, well who knows.

Benson has averaged 3.6 ypc during his stint with bears and bengals. He is unrestricted and ain' the most

popular guy in town at the moment. Value there.

Holmgren already said no guys with baggage, so forget about Moss (I assume you mean Randy) and Benson got arrested for assault- ditto. Burress has been out of the league for a few years, and is supposedly talking with the Giants, yet another baggage guy.

Oh the Cowboys are supposedly cutting Marion Barber if you really want another RB, and I'll take an injury risk in Sidney Rice over a character risk any day.

Just being realistic. You seriously think the Browns can contend this year? Totally new coaching staff, new system. The rookies are going to have their heads spinning well into October without the benefit of OTAs.

It's better to set the bar low, and be surprised when the Browns exceed it, than expect the playoffs and watch the team go in the toilet.

I agree.

The only thing I expect out of this season on gameday is attending several winning tailgates. Anything good after that is a bonus.

You can toss our players like Polozo-whatever from Buffalo and Johnson from Carolina. Mickel from Philly already signed with the Rams, Weddle is expected to sign with the Jags. As far as I know Ruud is still up for grabs as is Clabo. I heard Edwards signed with Atlanta last night but those two guys from the Giants are still available. As far as WR's go all are still available and the only two that have been reported to be out of the hunt for a spot in Cleveland (as in Holmgren and Heckert won't look at them) are Owens and Jackson. Fingers crossed, hoping to hear some good FA news for the Browns before I go to work today!

Tully Banta-Cain cut from Patriots

Banta-Cain wouldn't be a bad acquisition. He brings experience and productivity, without being too far over the hill (he's 30). He's from both a winning culture (Patriots) and a losing culture (49ers).

He's a great pass rusher, and that's something we definitely need. The only problem is that he more than likely won't be an everydown backer, and will probably only see the field in passing situations.

Wasn't this guy a Star Wars character? If not, with a name like that, he should have been. (Perhaps one of the bounty hunters)

Ok I woke up this mourning with this dream scenario, It was a great dream but I'm gonna try to be realistic with this. Manny Lawson DE, Usama Young FS, Ashton Youboty CB, Sean Locklear OT, Jacoby Jones/Eric Weems WR, Tim Hightower RB.

Manny Lawson is known as a 3-4 pass rush LB and Tim Hightower is a big powerback which we already have.

Manny Lawson is known as a 3-4 pass rush LB and Tim Hightower is a big powerback which we already have.

Alot of people think Lawson would be a better fit in a 4-3. He's got ideal size to play end and was drafted to play end before Singletary went to a 3-4. If Edwards isn't an option, I'll take Lawson.

I like Hightower because he averages close to 5yds a carry and can catch the ball. Over 60 passes caught in 09 out of the backfield, thats essential in a WCO. Could we have the guy in Hardesty? Possibly, but I'm not willing to risk Hillis being stuck with the work load again.

Alot of people think Lawson would be a better fit in a 4-3. He's got ideal size to play end and was drafted to play end before Singletary went to a 3-4. If Edwards isn't an option, I'll take Lawson.

I like Hightower because he averages close to 5yds a carry and can catch the ball. Over 60 passes caught in 09 out of the backfield, thats essential in a WCO. Could we have the guy in Hardesty? Possibly, but I'm not willing to risk Hillis being stuck with the work load again.

Vaild points and i dont think id be upset with ethier of them, i think Edwards will get way to much money then he actually deserves

So...I was thinking, and decided to re-visit this thread. Based on what teams and the Browns have done thus far in free agency, who do you feel would be the best fits for the Browns in our most dire positional needs? Here are mine....

CB - I would like to see them go after Carlos Rogers. Only in light of the fact that I don't see them being players for Nnamdi (SP) or Cromartie.

WR - I don't see a Plaxico or TO here...nor do I want them. I would like to see one of the following three...in this order of preference...James Jones - Derrick Mason - Mike Sims-Walker. I think any of the three would be an upgrade to what we have now. But I think Jones would be the best of the three and would not break the bank.

RT - I again see 3 options. Columbo, Andrews, or Starks. Nothing else is even appealing.

DE - Obviously at this stage, Edwards would be the choice. And H&H apparently think so too. I would also (I know...I'm a homer) like to see them take a flyer on Gholston and move him back to DE. Give him a shot in camp...I think he might surprise you!

Archived