THE BROWNS BOARD

Udfa Signings

Tarver looks like a pretty good tackler. The picks don't really impress me because most of them were just terrible terrible throws.

I LOVE THIS I feel like a kid on Christmas. Its about damn time we get some interesting football news

Where are you guys getting the list of signed UDFA? The one guy I know of that the Browns have signed is Chris Matthews WR from Kentucky. Had 57 catches for 900 yards and 9 TD's last season as the #2 WR behind Cobb. Not fast, runs around a 4.55, but a huge target at 6'5". Past JUCO player so still alot of room to improve.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2011/07/browns-undrafted-free-agency-signings-and-rumors/

Chris Gettis CB Missouri

Alex Wujack, LB Maryland

Chris Matthews, political reporter MSNBC...errr, WY Kentucky

Troy Weatherhead QB Hillsdale (same college as Heckert)

Brian Smith LB Notre Dame

Sidney Tarver LB, Tenn. State

Kyle Anderson, LB Georgetown College (KY)

Blayne Donnell RB Louisville

Juan Nunez WR W. Michigan

Donald Buckram RB UTEP

Jabari Fletcher Appalachian St.

Pittsburgh Steelers

Niles Brinkley, CB, Wisconsin

Vaughn Charlton, TE, Temple

Miguel Chavis, DE, Clemson

Eric Clanton, OLB, Citadel

John Clay, RB, Wisconsin

Anthony Gray, DT, Southern Miss

Brent Greenwood, S, Iowa

Eric Greenwood, WR, Idaho

Mario Harvey, MLB, Marshall

Terrence McCrae, WR, Ohio

Colin Miller, C, Central Michigan

Adam Mims, WR, Furman

Armand Robinson, WR, Miami (Ohio)

Weslye Saunders, TE, South Carolina

Trevis Turner, OT, Abilene Christian

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-07-26/undrafted-nfl-free-agent-signings-mark-herlizch-picks-new-york-giants#ixzz1TE9sjP1t

I like Brian Smith's intensity he might be a nice Special Teamer or contribute somewhere,other things i noticed Donald Buckram has a nice burst and seems to hit the hole pretty hard but that was before injury on what i saw.

I'm currently really liking the two WR's we have picked up. Nunez had a 1000 yard 10 TD season last year and the MAC tends to make some decent WR's. Matthews is kind of slow but still managed 900+ and 9 TD's as the #2 WR in the speedy SEC. That QB we picked up looks good and could compete with Brown for the 3rd QB spot. Buckram is a beast at RB and just had a season riddled with injuries that had him lose his starting spot his senior season. Fletcher had a 9 sack 16 TFL with App St. Wujciak is a beast at MLB having 2 100+ tackle seasons and only getting 99 this past season because he was injured the first game. Also had 4 INT's over his career.

Are you saying the Browns signed him?

All of the guys I have posted are Cleveland Browns

Including Dominic Alford, OG at Minnesota, from Cleveland

L.J. Castile WR, Delta State

And Jarrod Shaw OG, Tennessee

JDOC4 James Dockery

The Cleveland Browns !!!!! Lets Go Dawg Pound..Thats Official!!!!

1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

https://twitter.com/#!/JDOC4

Apparently, Sanzi thinks the Browns receiving corps is better than a lot of people think.

Ohio State football | NFL: Sanzenbacher headed to Bears, Saine to Packers | BuckeyeXtra

Ohio State football | NFL: Sanzenbacher headed to Bears, Saine to Packers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:47 AM

Updated: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 01:52 PM

By Bill Rabinowitz

Columbus Dispatch

Eric Albrecht | Dispatch

Chicago's lack of depth at receiver helped Dane Sanzenbacher make his choice.

Ask the experts

Got a question about Ohio State athletics? We've got answers Bill Rabinowitz's tweets

@LincolnsThinkin Mike Martz' scheme a better fit. Bears WRs even weaker than Browns'. about 2 hours ago

Bill Rabinowitz, Tim May

Undrafted Buckeyes find homes

July 26, 2011

Dane Sanzenbacher's agent said that about 25 teams wanted to sign the former Ohio State wide receiver.

Sanzenbacher might not have the measurables NFL teams covet, but most of them wanted the player voted Ohio State's Most Valuable Player on their team. In the end, the list was whittled down to the Cleveland Browns and Chicago Bears, and Sanzenbacher picked the Bears.

"We got texts and calls through the night -- 1, 2, 3 in the morning," said Joe Flanagan, Sanzenbacher's agent. "I've never seen a more aggressive and heartfelt emotional sales process and pitches from NFL coaches on an undrafted person. We had a lot of choices he had to narrow down based on depth chart and scheme."

Flanagan would not disclose Sanzenbacher's signing bonus but said that other teams offered considerably more than the Bears. But Chicago's lack of depth at receiver and offensive coordinator Mike Martz's history of success with receivers of Sanzenbacher's type proved decisive.

Several other former Ohio State players also agreed to free-agent contracts. Normally, these are done right after the NFL draft. But the lockout kept everything in limbo until today.

Offensive linemen Justin Boren signed with the Baltimore Ravens. Fellow lineman Bryant Browning will join the St. Louis Rams, as will long-snapper Jake McQuaide. Defensive back Devon Torrence signed with the Minnesota Vikings. Running back Brandon Saine flew to Green Bay to sign with the Packers.

Several reports had defensive tackle Dexter Larimore signing with the New Orleans Saints.

brabinowitz@dispatch.com

Archived