THE BROWNS BOARD

I Want....

Davis13

I rather give Shawn Lauvao a chance to start, than overpay for a soon to be 33 year old.

Exactly. We have a 3rd round pick from last year who as of now is still expected to be our starter and a 5th round pick this year to possibly displace him. If we need to sign someone anywhere it is at RT since Pashos can't stay healthy for more than 5 games a season.

Wtf are we doing?? Does heckert not know we can sign free agents???

I understand you want tp build through the draft, but last year most of us begged us to sign a wr. We didn't and it cost us at least 3 games.

This year we still need wr along with dline help.

Are we content to win just enough games to miss out on andrew luck?

Jesus Christ! It is the second day of FA. 10ish unrestricted FA have signed with other teams so far and your bitching because the Browns haven't signed 5 top tier guys yet! I'm sorry but if you expected Rice, Edwards, Ruud, Clabo, and Weddle to be signed to the active roster on day one then you were sadly mistaken.

As for Pinkston playing RT, it won't happen at least for this year. He needs to develop more before he can move out to RT and will most likely spend his first few seasons at Guard.

From ESPN's rumor central, quoting Mary Kay from the Plains Dealer:

Usama Young has been a vital cog in the New Orleans secondary over the past few seasons. He has been a spot starter at both cornerback and safety. But as free agency commences, Young is likely looking to become full-time starting material after only six starts in four seasons for the Saints.

He simply has to look back at his roots in northeast Ohio to potentially achieve his goal.

The Kent State graduate is drawing interest from the Cleveland Browns according to the Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot.

Cleveland is in need of secondary help as they continue to build around last year's draft selections, Joe Haden and T.J. Ward.

Last year's starting safety, Abe Elam is a free agent as is cornerback Eric Wright.

Cleveland may be as good an opportunity for Young as he will find in free agency.

I agree that building through the draft is the best way... but, and but, you really have to draft great to be able to do this and not sign a free agent starter. Haden and ward are starters, mccoy is questionable at best...

Are we on the 7 year plan?

I agree that building through the draft is the best way... but, and but, you really have to draft great to be able to do this and not sign a free agent starter. Haden and ward are starters, mccoy is questionable at best...

I'll take Usama! Sounds good to me.

We sure are not on the 1 year plan. Ya it's going to take a few years of good drafting and finding UDFA to be able to constantly make it to the playoffs. Finding 3-4 starters a year through the draft and UDFA's and signing a few key FA's and we could be major contenders like the Raven's and Steelers in the next 2-3 years.

Well i really hope that we arent considering signing Young as a splash in F/A, that'd be a shame. We should be targerting someone who can be a difference maker not someone who will be decent we have that in Elam just keep him.

I want to see some competition among the ranks to see who will win out at being the starter.

That is why you bring in free agents so they will keep a team from getting complacent and lazy.

Archived