THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agency

TheWarden43

Some people say the Browns are a year or two away from winning and I say why? It could go either way, a lot of our players would need to mesh quickly.

From an offensive perspective:

With an addition on Right Tackle, the only weakness / not good part of our offense is reciever, we have two pro bowl offensive lineman, a very good tight end in Watson, an awesome RB in Hillis, with Hardesty maybe being able to hold up for a season. The only reason our offense didn't rock last year was:

Bad Scheme, Young QB, Terrible Recievers (box loading)

2011: New Scheme, +1 Year on QB, Greg Little/Free Agent Hopeful.

Defensively there is a lot of questions:

Ward / Haden were absolute god send draft picks, Bernard moving to defensive end should be a beast, and it is not unlikely Rubin/Taylor will be awesome up front,

what do we need there? Safety, a good Linebacker, and Corner. (P.S. everyone is hard on Vernon Gholsten, but he could do pretty good here if we move him BACK to Defensive End, his College position!)

With all that being said:

I think we should go WR, RT, DE/LB, DB in that order.

I like the reciever from Green Bay, ofcourse I'd like Holmes but he already resigned.

Let me ask you this: Cromartie or Asmougha (SP) if we paid the right price, how awesome would that be.

If you ask me we are 3-4 players from the playoffs pending a good season by Colt.

I want to punch holmgren in his face... tell me why are we paying this guy anything let alone as much as we are...

He is a good coach, but isn't coaching..

He wasn't a good gm in seattle and he isn't acting as a gm here..

He obviously isn't here to attract big name free agents..

So tell me, what are we paying him for???

I want to punch holmgren in his face... tell me why are we paying this guy anything let alone as much as we are...

i guess we are paying him to be the boss of the other bosses, lerner's boy.

i never understood the fascination with this guy. how can a big fat-assed blowhard gain respect from an athlete, a guy who busts his ass and works out almost everyday?

i guess every owner or decision maker is enamored with these 'coaching trees'. like every assistant of every coach that won a super bowl is some genius. sure belichek came out of the parcells camp and has proven to be one of the best coaches ever. but what about crennel, weiss or mcdaniels? how did they turn out?

BUT i do think he hired a good GM and has had his hands in on some good draft picks. the coaching change thing though............gotta wait and see. but if this guy doesn't win in two years, do we start all over again?? this coaching carousel thing has to stop sometime.

Are you high? I realize that you got some ax to grind with Holmgren your always bitching about him but do you realize that he was a great OC with Bill Walsh(who worked for Paul Brown) and won a SB with the 9ers then went to Green Bay and won a SB for the 1st time in like 30 years. The Packers were a joke through most of the 70's and 80's They couldn't even sell out Lambeau Field so the played half their games in Milwaukee. the Legendary Pack had their down period and he was pat of what brought them back. Then on to Seattle who was also pretty much irrelevant since their birth in '76. He took them to a SB too (but the fix was in on that one).

You guys all wanted that dolt mangini to have more time so give the same thing to Holmgren. Actually the only thing I disagree w/ MH about is giving that clown another year to go 5-11.

I don't understand the "We" part.

"We" buy the rights to admission to a entertainment product. "We" don't have any say in how it is run no more then "We" have a right to decide what menu items go on the board at the local McDonalds.

You don't want to buy, don't buy, but it sounds goofy to make it sound like you have some right to say how things are done.

You guys all wanted that dolt mangini to have more time so give the same thing to Holmgren.

yeah, two years? thanks, you just made my argument. holmgren came in and wanted things his way and should have just changed the whole thing from the start. but we'll see in two years. two years? i've taken shits that have lasted longer than that.

listen, i hope you are right. but if you're not, don't be surprised to have a huge piss wall of discontent coming down on your boy and his fans.

i guess we are paying him to be the boss of the other bosses, lerner's boy.

i never understood the fascination with this guy. how can a big fat-assed blowhard gain respect from an athlete, a guy who busts his ass and works out almost everyday?

Answer: One Super Bowl ring....and another that he coulda should had with a different team.

i guess every owner or decision maker is enamored with these 'coaching trees'. like every assistant of every coach that won a super bowl is some genius. sure belichek came out of the parcells camp and has proven to be one of the best coaches ever. but what about crennel, weiss or mcdaniels? how did they turn out?

Holmgren comes from the Walsh "coaching tree". How did he turn out? The answer is: there are hits and misses on all these "trees". Hopefully Shurmur will be one of the "hits".

BUT i do think he hired a good GM and has had his hands in on some good draft picks. the coaching change thing though............gotta wait and see. but if this guy doesn't win in two years, do we start all over again?? this coaching carousel thing has to stop sometime.

I am sure Lerner and Holmgren "plan" to have it stop right here. (Of course you know what they say about the plans of mice and men: gang aft agley)

The reason that Holmgren was hired was to hire other talented people to work in the FO which is a good thing because Lerners track record with hiring GM's and coaches has not been good. Bitch about what we are paying the guy but would you rather have Lerner or Holmgren making these decisions.

Archived