THE BROWNS BOARD

Max Starks Cut. Could He Help Browns At Rt

The Gipper

Max Starks was cut by the Steelers today. What I don't know is if this is a move necessitated by his injuries, or by salary cap demands, or because they just don't think he could do the job any more. Perhaps our Steeler fan "friends" can clue us in.

Of course, then the question is: is Starks worth looking at by the Browns to help out their situation at RT. (I don't recall if Starks played RT or LT)?

avoid steelers linemen

although i do believe the browns line could use a RT upgrade, i dont think they should look anywhere near the steelers for help there. aside from pouncey there really isnt anyone on that line that should start on another team. starks will likely find a home as a backup somewhere or he'll play free agent until a team needs a tackle during the season

Id say chances are the Steelers would like to retain Starks at a cheaper price possibly...Hard to say.

avoid steelers linemen

although i do believe the browns line could use a RT upgrade, i dont think they should look anywhere near the steelers for help there. aside from pouncey there really isnt anyone on that line that should start on another team. starks will likely find a home as a backup somewhere or he'll play free agent until a team needs a tackle during the season

Lol. Willie Colon would start on a bunch of teams in the NFL. All the local rags are reporting he was released for a restructure. Our line may not be pro-bowl across the board but it's a line that has been in two Super Bowls. A healthy Colon possibly at guard with Flozell on the outside would be devastating against the run and there are rumors Colon could play guard assuming they can restructure Flozell. Max Starks is also a pretty rangy LT and was playing very well before getting injured. Either way I've read a few times they plan to retain Starks.

Lol. Willie Colon would start on a bunch of teams in the NFL. All the local rags are reporting he was released for a restructure. Our line may not be pro-bowl across the board but it's a line that has been in two Super Bowls. A healthy Colon possibly at guard with Flozell on the outside would be devastating against the run and there are rumors Colon could play guard assuming they can restructure Flozell. Max Starks is also a pretty rangy LT and was playing very well before getting injured. Either way I've read a few times they plan to retain Starks.

Well, how about answering the question: was his release based on injury, salary cap demands,or because they didn't feel he could do the job any more? And would it be worth it for the Browns to take a look at him for their "vacancy" at RT?

Right now, whether they plan to retain him or not, he is a FA, and can sign with anyone. Do you think it is worth getting into a bidding situation over him?

As you know he is from the NEO Browner family. I believe he is the son of Ross Browner.

the steelers fans are the only people that try to justify a players talent by a team accomplishment of getting to the super bowl. the steelers are good because of their defense. dont try and justify a terrible player on offense because of what the defense is capable of.

neither starks nor flozell should or would start on another team. dont be a homer and defend either of them because nobody else around the league will

the steelers fans are the only people that try to justify a players talent by a team accomplishment of getting to the super bowl. the steelers are good because of their defense. dont try and justify a terrible player on offense because of what the defense is capable of.

neither starks nor flozell should or would start on another team. dont be a homer and defend either of them because nobody else around the league will

Well, I am not going to go as far as all that. What I would really like is an honest evaluation of his talents and his capabilities.

I have found this explanation on one blog:

Ed Bouchette is now reporting (and other reporters as well) that Max Starks was/will be released for ballooning up to nearly 400 lbs while recovering from neck surgery. They could bring him back, but having a immobile LT at 400 lbs is not a good thing. This does save some money (5.45 mil) but what does it do to our team.

starks and flozell are basically the same player. both are big overweight power blockers. neither have very good footwork which is terrible for a tackle. they are straight forward guys that struggle with lateral and backwards movement. that entails pulling and pass blocking

Comments like this remove all credibility. First off I said Willie Colon would start for plenty of teams in the NFL, as would Pouncey but you said the same about Pouncey. Starks when healthy is also a solid LT. Saying the Steelers have won only because of their defense in the 2000's is absolutely delusional.

Comments like this remove all credibility. First off I said Willie Colon would start for plenty of teams in the NFL, as would Pouncey but you said the same about Pouncey. Starks when healthy is also a solid LT. Saying the Steelers have won only because of their defense in the 2000's is absolutely delusional.

well, i'd have to disagree. Starks was an abomination at LT (which is a big reason why Ben averages 50 sacks per year) and one of the most overpaid individuals in the league the past 2 yrs.

he's slow, stupid, and now fat as hell.

good bye stupid, go eat up 7mill a year on someone else's team.

i think his weight/injury/delusions of value all added up to him being out the door.

u want him? he's all yours.

When is the last time the Steelers let a FA go that had a quality career after the fact? Joey Porter had 1 good year. I think Rod Woodson had a few good years. Plaxico Burress...maybe. I'd rather not have one of their castoffs. There's a reason why these guys are let go.

the steelers fans are the only people that try to justify a players talent by a team accomplishment of getting to the super bowl.

Right. Meantime, you'll be about 315 years old and bare boned in a casket when the Stains finally reach a Super Bowl. When the term "Super Bowl" is mentioned, you and your fan base are the last people on earth who should comment. Our business is Super Bowls, your business is wishing you were us.

I have found this explanation on one blog:

Ed Bouchette is now reporting (and other reporters as well) that Max Starks was/will be released for ballooning up to nearly 400 lbs while recovering from neck surgery. They could bring him back, but having a immobile LT at 400 lbs is not a good thing. This does save some money (5.45 mil) but what does it do to our team.

That is what happens when you juice up and sit on the couch. What a fat lazy ass.

Right. Meantime, you'll be about 315 years old and bare boned in a casket when the Stains finally reach a Super Bowl. When the term "Super Bowl" is mentioned, you and your fan base are the last people on earth who should comment. Our business is Super Bowls, your business is wishing you were us.

I'd hazard a guess in 315 years no one will give a rat how many Super Bowls the Steelers won way back when. In fact, I don't give a rat how many you've won now. It will be about how many Solar (System) or maybe Universe Bowls have you won lately.

if you gotta know, my team has won a super bowl more recently than yours. in fact, the last time my saints played ur team, u guys forgot to show up.

oh and ur colors are black and piss. saints are actually black and gold

NO to Starks.

YES to Pinkston.

Browns signed fifth-round G/T Jason Pinkston to a four-year contract.

Pinkston was a mauling tackle at Pittsburgh, but the Browns are trying him at guard first. He has long arms and can double as a bruiser, so left guard would seem to be his long-term position. LG Eric Steinbach is declining rapidly

If going back into the entire history of pro football is how you want to approach things, then you all in Pittsburgh are not even halfway to having the success we have had here in Northeast Ohio. Thirteen titles. That means you are not halfway.

And don't complain about it being "old" stuff. You are the one that brought up looking at a 400 year span of the history of the sport. Me, I am just informing you what happened in the first 90 years.

if you gotta know, my team has won a super bowl more recently than yours. in fact, the last time my saints played ur team, u guys forgot to show up.

oh and ur colors are black and piss. saints are actually black and gold

Good point. How do you look at yellow and call it 'gold"?

This is gold:

gold.jpg

And this is yellow:

pittsburgh-steelers-alternate-color-logo-knit-ski-cap.jpg

How can anyone confuse them?

But just to show you what a fair guy I am, I will give you this collection of Steeler colors:

Argentinian_Cheerleaders_2.jpg

Archived