THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Will Be A Major Disappointment This Year

dawgpound3

I just don't see this team doing good this year, and failing horribly. We have a new head coach, new defense and new coaching staff. This year is set up for failure. I don't see how McCoy can be decent with the lack of a number one receiver, and plus the defense will be shaky at best and Hillis will suffer a downyear this year. I'm calling here, 3-13.

MY prediction:

1-I WILL be (as always) a Browns Fan

2-I WILL support the new Coach & Staff

3-I DO believe we are on the right track

4-I will NOT predict their record

They are still our Browns & I hope they do well, but "we'll see".

GO BROWNS!!!

Mike

I just don't see this team doing good this year, and failing horribly. We have a new head coach, new defense and new coaching staff. This year is set up for failure. I don't see how McCoy can be decent with the lack of a number one receiver, and plus the defense will be shaky at best and Hillis will suffer a downyear this year. I'm calling here, 3-13.

Dude, you are not a Browns fan. You're a Brown Pants fan. You live in Pukesburgh. Nuff said.

I just get the sense this team will do better than anyone thinks,however...I wouldnt print playoff tickets. I just think have the FO and Coaching staff on the same page for the first time in years and the fact that were developing a personality on Offense. The Browns have always done well historically when Offense became the major focus of the team. Now many will say what about Marty. If you remember back then...Marty was basically forced into hiring Lindy Infante and then success followed.

Wow, thanks for giving us so much to look forward to.... BTW, I disagree w/ everything you said

I actually agree with your topic thread.

As a a typical browns fan we can run down the list of the schedule and i'll pick with you guys supposedly what we should do and why i think we're Retarded.

Sunday, September 11 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00PM Win 1-0

Sunday, September 18 at Indianapolis Colts, 1:00PM Loss 1-1

Sunday, September 25 vs. Miami Dolphins, 1:00PM Win 2-1

Sunday, October 2 vs. Tennessee Titans, 1:00PM Win 3-1

Sunday, October 9 Bye Week

Sunday, October 16 at Oakland Raiders, 4:05PM Win 4-1

Sunday, October 23 vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1:00PM Win 5-1

Sunday, October 30 at San Francisco 49ers, 4:15PM WIN 6-1

Sunday, November 6 at Houston Texans, 1:00PM Loss 6-2

Sunday, November 13 vs. St. Louis Rams, 1:00PM Win 7-2

Sunday, November 20 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1:00PM Win 8-2

Sunday, November 27 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00PM WIN 9-2

Sunday, December 4 vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1:00PM Loss 9-3

Thursday, December 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20PM Loss 9-4

Sunday, December 18 at Arizona Cardinals, 4:15PM Win 10-4

Saturday, December 24 at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00PM Loss 10-5

Sunday, January 1 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:00PM Win 11-5

Oh shit Playoffs...... Doubt it see you at 5-11 again

I agree with many posts saying that we have finally made strides to have an identity on offense and hopefully with Dick Jauron running the D and switching it to a 4-3 we can be competitive on both sides of the ball.

I enjoy looking at the schedule and seeing how the Brownies will do in each game, this is how I see the season unfolding;

v Cincinnati- W

@ Indy- L (Unless Peyton is out due to his neck surgery in which case we will win)

v Miami- W

v Tennessee- W (Chris Johnson could destroy us)

@ Oakland- W

v Seattle- W

@ SF- W (Hopefully Frank Gore holds out)

@ Houston- L

v St Louis- W

v Jacksonville- L

@ Cincinnati- W

v Baltimore- L

@ Pittsburgh- L

@ Arizona- W

@ Baltimore- L

v Pittsburgh- L

I actually agree with your topic thread.

As a a typical browns fan we can run down the list of the schedule and i'll pick with you guys supposedly what we should do and why i think we're Retarded.

Sunday, September 11 vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00PM Win 1-0

Sunday, September 18 at Indianapolis Colts, 1:00PM Loss 1-1

Sunday, September 25 vs. Miami Dolphins, 1:00PM Win 2-1

Sunday, October 2 vs. Tennessee Titans, 1:00PM Win 3-1

Sunday, October 9 Bye Week

Sunday, October 16 at Oakland Raiders, 4:05PM Win 4-1

Sunday, October 23 vs. Seattle Seahawks, 1:00PM Win 5-1

Sunday, October 30 at San Francisco 49ers, 4:15PM WIN 6-1

Sunday, November 6 at Houston Texans, 1:00PM Loss 6-2

Sunday, November 13 vs. St. Louis Rams, 1:00PM Win 7-2

Sunday, November 20 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1:00PM Win 8-2

Sunday, November 27 at Cincinnati Bengals, 1:00PM WIN 9-2

Sunday, December 4 vs. Baltimore Ravens, 1:00PM Loss 9-3

Thursday, December 8 at Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20PM Loss 9-4

Sunday, December 18 at Arizona Cardinals, 4:15PM Win 10-4

Saturday, December 24 at Baltimore Ravens, 1:00PM Loss 10-5

Sunday, January 1 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 1:00PM Win 11-5

Oh shit Playoffs...... Doubt it see you at 5-11 again

It must be Ghoolie posting here...

I guess how disappointed one would be this season would be based off what you expect...

My expectations are not that high because we are rebuilding/reworking everything and the lockout really screwed the pooch for the browns as far as getting a fast start goes..

What i will be looking for and what i expect this year is to see a young team at some point in the season start developing a cohesive bond that will set the premise for the next several years...

I also hope to see a real coach develop in the shurmurnator as to being capable of making high level decisions and using everything in our arsenal to try and win the game..

Its not about this year as far as winning goes its about getting the basis to assure we win with some consistency next year...

Heckert has his hands full to be sure but so does shurmur and jauron..

I wouldnt be surprised if we win 9 games this year and i wouldnt be disappointed if we only win 2 as long as certain things are in place and established...

Then Maybe you should Fukin disappear from this Board Until you become a Real Browns Fan Freakin Joke you are Bashin You Must be a SQUEELER FAN 4 SURE.

like someone else said...........it depends on what exactly you were expecting from a team that is being overhauled and got shafted by a work stoppage.

cant dissapoint when there is nothing to expect. best thing the brownies can do this year is make steady improvement both on the field and next years draft.

much better chance of makin a run next year.

Some browns fans like myself are no longer happy accepting losing seasons all the time, some people who are crying troll all the time are the only ones posting consistently negative cussing trolling threads and god forbid if you reply to any of them without hurting their feelings but with that said, the Cleveland Browns need to do a lot of things differently starting even with marketing us as building a contender.

Be honest our marketing sucks (we're rebuilding, not there yet, can't afford it, and so on) and our merchandise kinda sucks 2, trades have sucked,

Free agency is null, and i don't like that users here think our front office is very active and making moves and saying all the right things right now, can anyone tell me what they said that gets you excited? oh we're building through the DRAFT! well no shit every team is doing that so what is improving our chances over them to hit harder? oh nothing

Just saying i hate the shit they are spewing in the press conferences, you may not like what i say or how i come off as saying it but xxxx it need some hardnose direct line of questioning of why the xxxx we aren't doing really anything.

Trades suck? That's based on perspective. Since 99, overall, yup. Since Heckert got here? Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong, Peyton Hillis have been very good for the team.

I am sick of the losing...and the regime changes. I think that Holmgren and Heckert make for a nice tandem...though I also admit that it's still too early to tell.

I was not big on Colt McCoy...but I'm warming to him. I LOVE the Browns trade down with Atlanta. Julio Jones is a WR who has the tools but struggles with inconsistent hands. I had my fill of Edwards...so no thanx.

I'm hoping that H&H can change this culture we have here. I like (but don't love) most of their moves so far. (Still not sold on Brandon Jackson).

Trades suck? That's based on perspective. Since 99, overall, yup. Since Heckert got here? Sheldon Brown, Chris Gocong, Peyton Hillis have been very good for the team.

I am sick of the losing...and the regime changes. I think that Holmgren and Heckert make for a nice tandem...though I also admit that it's still too early to tell.

I was not big on Colt McCoy...but I'm warming to him. I LOVE the Browns trade down with Atlanta. Julio Jones is a WR who has the tools but struggles with inconsistent hands. I had my fill of Edwards...so no thanx.

I'm hoping that H&H can change this culture we have here. I like (but don't love) most of their moves so far. (Still not sold on Brandon Jackson).

Peyton Hillis maybe the best trade in the league of all last year the RARE occurence but Brown and Gocong who cares, but yes overall have sucked, I DO NOT WANT A REGIME CHANGE at all i really do believe the browns will be fine, i hated the trade down with atlanta i really thought a A.J green or Julio Jones move would've been the right choice in the long Haul playmakers just don't fall into your lap on a daily basis and i thought it was a mistake when he was there not to make that move.

oh we're building through the DRAFT! well no shit every team is doing that so what is improving our chances over them to hit harder? oh nothing

first of all not every team is doing that, second, what do we have that is improving our chances? A GM that has an above average- great ability to evaluate talent. Something this franchise hasn't had since we've been back

first of all not every team is doing that, second, what do we have that is improving our chances? A GM that has an above average- great ability to evaluate talent. Something this franchise hasn't had since we've been back

Evaluting talent is fine the ability to bring that talent to Cleveland is still on the jury bro don't give him to much credit yet.

Evaluting talent is fine the ability to bring that talent to Cleveland is still on the jury bro don't give him to much credit yet.

Haden, ward, McCoy (we'll see this year how much talent is really there), gocong, brown, Hillis.... And that was his first year on the job. Another 6 this year and he'll have taken half of our starting roster and turned them from players that couldn't start on anybody but the bungles into legitimate NFL starters. Dude is a serious general manager, an by far the best thing that's happened to this franchise in a long.... Long........ LONG time

I say the Browns go 8-8 or 9-7.

I seriously have the Browns at 11-5 regardless of every hater post i put up, anything less then 11-5 will be a disappointment with the schedule so far into our favor.

Bengals 4-12

Colts 10-6

Dolphins 7-9

Titans 6-10

Raiders 8-8

Seahawks 7-9

49'ers 6-10

Texans 6-10

Rams 7-9

Jaguars 8-8

Bengals 4-12

Ravens 12-4

Steelers 12-4

Cardinals 5-11

Ravens 12-4

Steelers 12-4

Other then the Raven steelers all month of December lol we should have some shots to have a great record this year anything less than 11-5 is a failure.

I didnt read anymore than 3 posts in this thread. All I have to say for those nay-sayers out there is this: this is why they play the game. To see how good everyone is. Just wait tuntil the season starts before you say anything. Jees, the lockout just ended and some people on this board have us pcking first overall.

They haven't played and down yet and you have already written off the whole season. Why don't you just stay home and do some basket weaving or pick up litter. Either you are a Browns fan and with us or a puss who is against us. Man-up and support your team through thick and thin and quit whining.

I think 3 and 13 is a litle extreme.....4/5 wins at worst...6/7 wins best...

Won't beat Colts/Steelers/Ravens(both games)Jags/Rams/Texans/Niners

Split with Titans/Raiders & Bengals

Should beat Dolphins/Cards/Seahawks/Bengals(one time) & throw in a Raider or Titan win...(just one) and there you have it.....6 wins.....Very exciting!!

Archived