THE BROWNS BOARD

Nate Clements

jnuh

For what it is worth ...

@incarcerated bob Tweeted this a little while ago ...

**UPDATED FA NEWS**Source: Browns have started heating up talks with (CB) Nate Clements things getting spicy (Jets/Cowboys may get involved)

Does anyone even listen to Cleveland media KNR etc?

Nate Clements told us he doesn't give a shit about a home town discount or wanting to play in Cleveland because we are no longer his hometown, his family doesn't live here anymore and neither does he, please don't think because he's a shaker kid he want's to be here more then anyone else we offer bad contract's 2 just another shot in the dark i'm going 80-20 he doesn't wanna sign here.

Does anyone even listen to Cleveland media KNR etc?

Nate Clements told us he doesn't give a shit about a home town discount or wanting to play in Cleveland because we are no longer his hometown, his family doesn't live here anymore and neither does he, please don't think because he's a shaker kid he want's to be here more then anyone else we offer bad contract's 2 just another shot in the dark i'm going 80-20 he doesn't wanna sign here.

Good he can take himself to south beach with the other bums.

I'm actually really ok with not overpaying underperforming overrated free agents. Am I the only one?

Or is it just you and Mik that are being dinks here?

No, you aren't the only one. Not long ago, the Brown were in shambles with little "young" talent as a foundation. We have come a long way in a very short time by NOT wasting big money on players sliding on the downhill slope of their careers.

Mike

But when we need to spend 30 whatever million to reach the cap floor does it really matter what we pay them?

As long as they're signed to 1-2 year contacts I really don't care what we pay them. Obviously I believe in building through the draft, but signing key role players is huge, and until we become winners people generally aren't going to want to sign here unless we overpay.

It's not my money, it's not your money, heck it's not even big mikes money

Sign the right players for the right length of contract. Right now the money's irrelevant

Clements was overpriced and not a spring chicken anymore. Its ok to let some of them go. I can already tell we are not goin to the playoffs this year. We are building for the future that like in the past may never come. Welll cheers to another year of being the losers of the AFC North.

Or is it just you and Mik that are being dinks here?

i didn't say anything about overpaying anyone. i'd like to see our so-called great FO show some interest in making some moves, not just heckert helping out his old team or mangini helping out his (sanchez back in the day).

we sign a DT from heckert's blow boys when our needs are at CB and DE and WR. hell did cincy overpay clements? he got cut from the niners, how's he going to force anyone's hand? i betcha he'd rather have signed with us than the bengals. what do you think?

who's the dink now?

Hmm well cited. Still doesn't change the fact that amount of cash doeled out to players matters as much to me and you as who the vise president of chile is. Sure it matters to some people, probably quite a bit as a matter of fact, but not us

Only thing that matters is the quality of the player and the length of the contract he is signed to. If we need a backup strongside linebacker, and our FO identifies the one that fits our system and philosophies, and the only way do get that player is to pay him 4 mil a year, do it

Just don't go handing out 6 year contracts to the "best player available" at a position of need just because we need an influx of talent on our roster

Actually not true..

You don't have to spend any more money. The cap floor does not hit for indivdual teams until 2013, so theoreticaly we don't have to spend another dime

By end of season or the 2 weeks after superbowl before fiscal 2013 for NFL. They will put majority of money into new contracts for Mack, Hillis, Thomas, and maybe another player or two.

i didn't say anything about overpaying anyone. i'd like to see our so-called great FO show some interest in making some moves, not just heckert helping out his old team or mangini helping out his (sanchez back in the day).

we sign a DT from heckert's blow boys when our needs are at CB and DE and WR. hell did cincy overpay clements? he got cut from the niners, how's he going to force anyone's hand? i betcha he'd rather have signed with us than the bengals. what do you think?

who's the dink now?

I think we did need that depth at DT....as much as at DE. Sure, the Browns need help at those other positions, but that does not mean that we should not shore up the DT spot.

Now that they apparently have the DT spot resolved, they can look at those other positions. As much as Heckert & Co. say they are not going to be that active in FA, that doesn't mean they are done.

Archived