THE BROWNS BOARD

Vickers A Texan

johnc21

Lawrence Vickers | FB 2010 Team: Cleveland Exp: 5 years

Analysis: Vickers agreed to a two-year, $3 million contract with the Texans to replace Pro Bowl FB Vonta Leach, the Texans announced Wednesday. It's a homecoming for Vickers, who lives in Houston and grew up in nearby Beaumont.

Vickers, who spent five seasons with the Browns, will compete with James Casey for the Texans' starting job.

He blew people up.

Glad he is going home, he will flourish in that offense.

Our staff thinks the Stanford bowling ball is the right guy for our system, and I believe them. He looks like a versatile ball of butcher knives, he and Hillis can be the new Csonka and Kiick.

Z

Seems like it was time for him to want to move close to home. That makes it all the smart a move by the Browns to draft their new guy !

It was all about economics and the desire for the new staff to have a guy they wanted to use in a different kind of manner. Vickers was a good football player and honestly i thought he didn't get to show some of his skills here BECAUSE he was so amazing and blowing people up with his blocking.

I wish him well. I understand why the Browns didn't retain him however...

The Texans got rid of a good FB in Vonta Leach, and got a Great one in Lawrence Vickers.

He will always be one of my favorite players. Will always cheer for him, except for when he plays the Browns... but if he does make a sweet play, I might cheer to myself a little. Such an old-school blocking back. You just don't see that any more

The Texans got rid of a good FB in Vonta Leach, and got a Great one in Lawrence Vickers.

He will always be one of my favorite players. Will always cheer for him, except for when he plays the Browns... but if he does make a sweet play, I might cheer to myself a little. Such an old-school blocking back. You just don't see that any more

They didn't get rid of Leach. He was signed by the Rat birds to combat the Steelers. He's a monster and I'd argue the best fb in the league. I do really like Vickers though but Leach is more of a battering ram. I use the Texans in my serious Madden league so I'm glad they at least got a solid replacement in Vickers. Leach is going to suck in the AFC North tho.

EDIT: And by suck I mean, suck for us in the division.

It was so nice without you here.

Anytime you can you have to get your little digs in.

Go back to not posting, we were fine without you.

What are you talking about? I've been posting and Harbaugh and a few Ravens said the same thing. They brought him in to amp up the run game and he's the most physical FB in the league. I really like Vickers but Leach is more of a bruising/punishing FB. Do you have a problem with me saying he was brought in to combat the Steelers? Get over yourself.

Mikey I second that motion..

Vickers is a damn good football player who sadly didn't fit into the system that the Browns now incorporate....

Vickers style of football is blue collar, down home football.. Whats not to like about him?? As most players in the NFL, he has limitations in his game (those without limitations are in Canton) but with the right system he's a beast...

I wish him well, except against the Browns, enjoyed watching him play...

Peace

T.Dawg

Lol what? Are you joking? Me get over myself?

Someone made a post to wish Vickers well and you came in here with your dumb xxxxing attitude spewing crap about Vonta Leach and how he's better than Vickers (debatable) and brought in specifically to handle your douche infested team.

Seriously, get lost.

Oh so I broke up the love fest? I definitely gave Vickers his due in this thread and others. I just said the Texans didn't get RID of Leach, he signed with the Ravens because the Texans couldn't keep him. It's not a hard concept. You're just a bitter child if you couldn't gather the same from my post. You also took offense to my use of "rat birds" which was/is comical. You probably didn't even know who the hell Vonta Leach was prior to Vickers getting signed in Houston. Oh but you "write for Bleacher report" and so does 3 other people I know lol. My bad.

They didn't get rid of Leach. He was signed by the Rat birds to combat the Steelers. He's a monster and I'd argue the best fb in the league. I do really like Vickers though but Leach is more of a battering ram. I use the Texans in my serious Madden league so I'm glad they at least got a solid replacement in Vickers. Leach is going to suck in the AFC North tho.

EDIT: And by suck I mean, suck for us in the division.

No, they didn't release him, but by not signing him back is kind of like getting rid of him. No one gives a shit who you would argue is the best FB in league either. Either way they "lost" (To make you happy HOMO) a very good FB to get a GREAT FB. Leach is very good, but I feel Vickers got hosed in the past two or three years when Leach and Greg...Jones beat him out for the Pro-Bowl.

If i am a running back, I take Vickers 11/10 times being my lead fullback

GOOD LUCK VICKERS!!!! WILL MISS YOUR OLDSTYLE PLAY!!!

You guys are being real homers saying that Vickers is better then Leach. Leach is hands down the best blocking full back in the league. Hands down no question about it. Leach is better then vickers 11 out of 10 times and there isn't a RB in the league who would take Vickers over Leach.

Comparing Vickers to leach is like comparing Joe Flacco to Tom Brady.

Vickers is good, but certainly nothing special. I never understood the love affair with this guy. I guess peoples perception is skewed because he has been a good player on bad teams ... so people latch on to him and think he is some all world fullback because compared to the crap around him he looked better then he was.

You guys are being real homers saying that Vickers is better then Leach. Leach is hands down the best blocking full back in the league. Hands down no question about it. Leach is better then vickers 11 out of 10 times and there isn't a RB in the league who would take Vickers over Leach.

Comparing Vickers to leach is like comparing Joe Flacco to Tom Brady.

Vickers is good, but certainly nothing special. I never understood the love affair with this guy. I guess peoples perception is skewed because he has been a good player on bad teams ... so people latch on to him and think he is some all world fullback because compared to the crap around him he looked better then he was.

WHO GIVES A FLYING xxxx IF WE ARE BEING HOMERS. WE ARE FANS OF THE TEAM! Any legitimate fan will have some homerism in them. Now go be a fuddy duddy somewhere else.

And thanks form derailing this thread (You and Homotron)

Not that anyone cares about the homerism, but it leads to a seriously overvaluing mediocre talent to a pro bowl level.

vickers was a very good fullback, but he was let go for a rookie. Yet many here...and elsewhere....think vickers is the best fb in the league. Top 5 maybe....but ur a serious Homer with inch thick brown and orange glasses if u think he's the best. It happens with osu players (see cries for Dane), it happens with the brown (Quinn, Edwards, Harrison, etc. Thank God I'm a bucs/pens fan or I'd have to listen to more of this shit

WHO GIVES A FLYING xxxx IF WE ARE BEING HOMERS. WE ARE FANS OF THE TEAM! Any legitimate fan will have some homerism in them. Now go be a fuddy duddy somewhere else.

And thanks form derailing this thread (You and Homotron)

I am not derailing a thread as much as I just hate on people being a homer.

I have stated it in the past ... I hate when people overvalue our players especially Vickers. We have been 5-11 the past couple years we obviously do not have an abundance of talent to "overvalue". Vickers is good not great. No where near great. Top 5 may even be a stretch. I just don't see the fasination people have with him. I don't think he had much of an impact on any game. He will be easily replaced by a rookie and next year all the homers will think mareic (SP) is the best fullback because there are no stats to argue otherwise when it comes to play of a fullback.

And just because you are fan doesn't mean you have to be a homer. You can love Vickers thats fine, but it is just dumb to think he is the best fullback in the game. By that "homer" logic you probably think Colt is better then Brady or Manning ... Hillis better then AP or CJ2K ... and Robo better then Andre Johnson.

The only player you can make an argument for being the best at his position is Cribbs as a return man or JT at the left tackle spot and even both those guys have guys just as good to compete with.

What are you talking about? I've been posting and Harbaugh and a few Ravens said the same thing. They brought him in to amp up the run game and he's the most physical FB in the league. I really like Vickers but Leach is more of a bruising/punishing FB. Do you have a problem with me saying he was brought in to combat the Steelers? Get over yourself.

Yea, the problem is that you think too esoterically. The Ravens and every other team bring in players to improve their own team, not specifically to counter any single particular team.

The fact is, the Ravens brought in Leach to combat the Browns. Yep, the Browns. And the Bengals, yep. And the Steelers too....and every other team on their schedule. Not JUST the Steelers.

We liked Vickers because he blew people up.

When you are 5 and 11, you grab on to the guys that are playing the game right, which makes everyone a homer, nothing wrong with that.

Everytime Jerome Harrison gets mentioned mentioned for having the third most yards in one game in NFL history he should send a gift basket to Vicker's house.

Best game I've ever seen by a blocking back.

Zombo

Archived