THE BROWNS BOARD

Jerricho Cotchery Cut By Jets.......

Halfbreed216

Cotchery is a seasoned WR that got no love from the Jets. Someone mentioned in another thread that we could be going after the guys other teams cut. Here is our chance. He seems like a team player and he has experience. When the Jets were signing WR's he sat back and didn't complain. The signing of Buress was the last straw so he asked to be released. He isn't a problem player so I can see the Browns going for him. What does everyone think?

Why would it matter what team they left if we can get a good player at a decent price that provides an immediate upgrade?

That's what I was thinking. If we can get this guy at a decent price, who cares he was a Jet. From the article I read on ESPN, he was never an issue like a lot of other WR's and was pretty goodd at his position. If anything, he can come in and help the younger guys on thier progress. I kind of like the whole "rebuilding with youth" thing thats going on, but we also need some veteran mentoring as well.

He's nothing special, let's work with what we have. Robiskie was coming on strong at the end of last year, Momass has more talent than Crotch and Little could be a breakout star ... why lose routes to this guy?

Zombo

He's nothing special, let's work with what we have. Robiskie was coming on strong at the end of last year, Momass has more talent than Crotch and Little could be a breakout star ... why lose routes to this guy?

Zombo

Well if you look at his stats, he really tailed off the last couple of seasons- now whether that was due to Holmes and Braylon getting the majority of the looks is open to debate. However the major reason he's on the open market is- he was scheduled to make $4 million this year, and most teams have him pegged as a #3 slot guy. Nobody's going to pay that kind of money for a #3 wideout. He's going to have to take a serious pay cut if he wants to sign anywhere.

And you're right- if Cribbs gets bumped to a #3, he's about equal in talent.

Zombo

Right Zombo. Always the question to ask: If you pick up this guy to fill one of the 5-6 WR slots on the team, who are you going to cut to keep him?

Archived