THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Coverage

1 more season

I don't expect the mainstream media to cover the browns much. Why would they their not in NY, Boston, Dallas or LA. ESPN doesn't care much about team outside those markets. Green Bay are the defending champs and all you hear about is the Jets and Eagles.

I feel like I almost have to dig to find stuff even on the Browns site. I like the interviews they put up but I'd like to see more vids of practice action. The new Browns daily is good.

Maybe since the just before the 1st preseason game we're at the end of such a long wait. I'm real football starved. I've been watching the US Open of Surfing live online all day all week. it's awesome!!! No football yet and no waves in NC is making me grumpy.

If we do something that requires coverage, I'm sure we'd get it. Jets have made waves with comments / FA pursuits and the Eagles have had the most active FA period. I'm not saying we get the coverage that those markets do consistently, but if we were doing what the Eagles did, every sports media outlet would be eating it up.

If we do something that requires coverage, I'm sure we'd get it. Jets have made waves with comments / FA pursuits and the Eagles have had the most active FA period. I'm not saying we get the coverage that those markets do consistently, but if we were doing what the Eagles did, every sports media outlet would be eating it up.

Are you sure?

Coverage of the browns is very lacking outside of northeast ohio, as there really is no story there, no big splash draft, no big splash FA period just the youngest team with the biggest unknown factor in the nfl prepping against all odds to try and make a big splash in the regular season where it really counts...

the browns are a historically bad team with a small fanbase in relation to other teams. they havent done anything this offseason and they dont look much better than they were last year.

there isnt a whole lot to cover

Stung a little bit to read that one, but it stung because it's true.

As a Saints fan why do you post on a Browns site? Because your in OHIO? You know the internet crosses state line right.

im a browns fan too. sorry you cant handle criticism of ur team. ill try to be less blunt when im honest about the team. ill just sugar coat it so it doesnt hurt ur feelings

you think i like being a fan of a team that hasnt done squat in years? i wish the brownies would do something noteworthy so ESPN could pry its lips from peyton mannings crotch but they never do

Was reading this thread while watching the NFL network and for the first time saw coverage on the Browns. Mike Mayock says he's very impressed with the young core nucleus of the team, especially the offensive line (obviously) and our secondary.

Talked about Holgrems vested interest in Little, as he's the one who pushed for him to be drafted. Mayock called him a diva, but a diva with serious talent. Says he's been dropping a few passes in practice but that's to be expected from a rookie receiver who sat last season.

Called Rubin a very underrated d lineman and that Taylor had showed up to camp in great shape and is moving terrific, especially for a man his size.

Also commented that while our offense isn't on the level of a lot of NFL teams, all signs point to this offense being very talented in the near future.

All n all i like what I heard from one of the guys I respect the most on the network. Great piece.

im a browns fan too. sorry you cant handle criticism of ur team. ill try to be less blunt when im honest about the team. ill just sugar coat it so it doesnt hurt ur feelings

you think i like being a fan of a team that hasnt done squat in years? i wish the brownies would do something noteworthy so ESPN could pry its lips from peyton mannings crotch but they never do

No feelings hurt here! Just didn't think you even a little bit of a browns fan.

the browns are a historically bad team with a small fanbase in relation to other teams. they havent done anything this offseason and they dont look much better than they were last year.

there isnt a whole lot to cover

Wrong. Historically, the Browns are one of the greatest teams with one of the largest fan bases.

If the Browns got on a winning streak the enthusiasm for them would dwarf anything you see for the Steelers or Packers or any of those big market teams.

However, the reason they are not getting coverage is that they are not winning. They have let a sleeping giant lie for too long.

Wrong. Historically, the Browns are one of the greatest teams with one of the largest fan bases..

this is true. The browns are known to have not only one of the most dedicated fan bases (you kind of have to after all the heartbreak over the last 50+ years) but one of the most broad fanbases, with strong contingents not only through the US but also in eastern Canada and places in Europe where they understand what TRUE football is

When you average 5 wins per year since 1995, why the hell would anyone talk about you?

Of course that is correct. Recall earlier that I had related the fact that for the entire decade of the 70s neither the NY Giants nor NY Jets made a single postseason appearance. Both of them were a complete afterthought on the NFL scene....and they play in the nation's largest market. But when the Giants became competitive in the 80s they rebounded in the nation's consciousness.

Take the Steelers. Prior to 1972, they were buried so far in the American's sports fan psyche that you would have needed a backhoe to dig up anything about them in the nation's media.

However, it only takes a couple of years of being in contention to bring about attention, as it did for them starting in 1972.

Put the Browns in a position to challenge for a couple of year's in a row and you won't hear the end of stuff about them.

Likewise,you can also go from the penthouse to the outhouse. The 49ers were everyone's darlings for years, yet, beginning about 10 years ago, no one talks much about them, do they?

Winning is the cure all.

Wrong. Historically, the Browns are one of the greatest teams with one of the largest fan bases.

If the Browns got on a winning streak the enthusiasm for them would dwarf anything you see for the Steelers or Packers or any of those big market teams.

However, the reason they are not getting coverage is that they are not winning. They have let a sleeping giant lie for too long.

listen. im not some steelers troll. you dont need to defend the browns to me. if you go back several years you can see the browns strung together some winning seasons but aside from that they havent done anything since the beginning of the super bowl era.

saying they have a large fanbase is a huge stretch nowadays. they have one of the most die hard fanbases but when i live in northeast ohio and see more steelers fans around its hard to agree with you on that part

listen. im not some steelers troll. you dont need to defend the browns to me. if you go back several years you can see the browns strung together some winning seasons but aside from that they havent done anything since the beginning of the super bowl era.

saying they have a large fanbase is a huge stretch nowadays. they have one of the most die hard fanbases but when i live in northeast ohio and see more steelers fans around its hard to agree with you on that part

Sorry, sir, but you are misinformed. Not about the Browns record. The record is what the record is, but trust me, the fan base is out there. It just needs to be fired up.

Every team has its FRAKs, and what you are seeing are just a bunch of Steeler FRAKs.

If the Browns were to be in Super Bowls and win Super Bowls your brain would turn to jello over the fracas that would be made by their supporters.

Did you get a load of what Browns fans did to the "Madden Cover" contest when they voted for Peyton Hillis? That was just a small taste of what would happen if the Browns became contenders.

In the past (and probably even now) when the Browns went to play in places like San Diego, Tampa, Jacksonville, Houston, Phoenix etc. etc. those stadiums would be half filled by Browns fans....and I am talking in the last 10-12 years.

Perhaps, starting this year,you will have the opportunity to observe this phenomena.

(and yes, I am sure if they were that successful that the Browns would also have their share of FRAKs, just like the Steelers do).

Archived