THE BROWNS BOARD

Total Qbr(Mccoy And Anderson)

dawgpound3

Total QBR is a completely different system to rate quarterbacks, and here's the scale:

75-100 Excellent Quarterback

60-75 Good Quarterback

50-60 Average Quarterback

0-35 Poor Quarterback

McCoy ranked in the 50s and was rated as average. Anderson was ranked poorly and in the late 20s in 2008. (On an interesting note, Anderson's rare supposedly good game against Giants in 2008 wasn't even that good. He ranked average that game with a rating of 56.5)

I don't think there's enough data on McCoy to support any rating at this point in time...

He played only due to injuries to the other QB's last year and then got injured himself.....

IMO the book is still out on him.... Anderson has enough data in his resume to form conclusive ratings and truthfully his rating is about where I'd slot him just from observing him play... I'm glad we have Colt instead of Anderson...

Peace

T.Dawg

Total QBR is a completely different system to rate quarterbacks, and here's the scale:

75-100 Excellent Quarterback

60-75 Good Quarterback

50-60 Average Quarterback

0-35 Poor Quarterback

McCoy ranked in the 50s and was rated as average. Anderson was ranked poorly and in the late 20s in 2008. (On an interesting note, Anderson's rare supposedly good game against Giants in 2008 wasn't even that good. He ranked average that game with a rating of 56.5)

Question: where are the rankings per this rating system for all the QBs in the league.

Also, have they gone back and applied this system to all the QBs in history? They have done this for the "Passer rating" statistic:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

"Old time" QBs don't fare that well under the "passer rating" system, because, I believe, it is biased toward the game as played more recently. Does this "Total QBR" even the playing field?

I love statistics but I hate QB ratings because people stick to them like they really mean something. Shep used to aggravate the hell of me with this QB rating stuff. then Quinn put up a 66 and I never heard about it again.

Zombo

Archived