THE BROWNS BOARD

Mckay no longer a candidate for Browns GM

Guest mz.

In other job opening news, despite reports that the Cleveland Browns will interview Falcons executive Rich McKay, FOXSports.com has learned that McKay has rebuffed Cleveland's overture. McKay is slated to fly to Phoenix with the Falcons and not New York to meet with Browns owner Randy Lerner.

There were talks between the two sides, but McKay informed them he is happy where he is and did not want to interview for the job or consider it until after the rest of the candidates had run their course in Cleveland.

via Jay Glazer

Meanwhile, while we're dicking around with guys who don't want to be our GM, Denver is going out and setting up interviews with Spags and R Morris.

Fcuk this shit.

Guest Masters
Meanwhile, while we're dicking around with guys who don't want to be our GM, Denver is going out and setting up interviews with Spags and R Morris.

Fcuk this shit.

Um....CLE has an interview setup with Spags already. Either Today or Saturday. And that was as of Tuesday.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/..._permissio.html

My point is, why would a guy like him (Spags) want to walk into a mess like this, when the Broncos job could be his?

The more we fcuk around, the more likely we end up with Floyd Reese and Rich Kotite...

Guest Masters
My point is, why would a guy like him (Spags) want to walk into a mess like this, when the Broncos job could be his?

The more we fcuk around, the more likely we end up with Floyd Reese and Rich Kotite...

You are kind of losing me here. If your point is Spags or someone else potentially good won't walk into the "mess" CLE is, when the Broncos job (or others) are better. Then does it really matter if CLE is fcuking around w/ anyone? You have basically just said no one would want to come to CLE. So it's a lose no matter what.

IMO the Broncos job is really not much more attractive than CLE. DEN's talent pool isn't much better, which is why Shanahan really lost his job.

Could it be more evident Lerner has no plan whatsoever? The more Lerner dicks around with these interviews, the more unattractive this organization becomes to anyone with a modicum of talent.

The Browns job looked way more attractive before Lerner started being Lerner a few days ago.

That's all I'm sayin'.

The whole process is actually funny.

Every leaked report is speculation and the media runs with it. Pioli was given a deadline. No he wasn't given a deadline. McKay is going to be interviewed. No he isn't being interviewed. We will contact Shanahan. Cowher is interested in KC. Lerner is interviewing coaches which piss off Pioli.

The only people that know what is going on are the people in the room. KC is flying in today to talk to Pioli, big deal. Out of respect he should talk to them. I don't want Pioli in Cleveland if he isn't sure he wants the job over all others.

Lerner has to look toward Plan B if Pioli isn't sure he even wants to leave the Pats.

Plan B isn't McKay, maybe it's Shanahan.

Who knows, it's media spin, all speculation.

Archived